Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Went wheeling for the first time with the canopy this weekend and nothing shook loose :)
1667271326576.png

1667271437305.png
@darkhorse13
The new tent looks great on your Jeep, I have an opportunity to pick up an expedition 3.1 is there much of a dimensional difference in the two. Curios how the 3.1 will look with the canopy.

How did it do Wheeling?

Thanks,

Lee
Sponsored

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
@darkhorse13
The new tent looks great on your Jeep, I have an opportunity to pick up an expedition 3.1 is there much of a dimensional difference in the two. Curios how the 3.1 will look with the canopy.

How did it do Wheeling?

Thanks,

Lee
Thanks! All Alu-Cab RTT's are the exact same dimensions. The different "generations" just add new bells and whistles to the existing platform. The newest 3R uses a different process on the lid to give it more rigidity, different aesthetics and very slight weight reduction. I've run all versions and they all look great and hold up well. With the current savings being offered on the 3.1 you can't go wrong. The lid of the 3R is what matches the "curvy" window lines on the Contour Canopy... other than that I think the powder coating finish of the 3.1 and the 3R are the same... you can all OK4WD to verify that though.

Wheeling the RTT has never felt "unstable" to me but you do need to be very mindful of the tent vs trees when you are leaning in tight trails. The extra height is a real thing.

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Well I have joined the club after cancelling my long awaited RSI SmartCap. Ordered my Contour this week, no windows, they say it should be here in January.

Forgive me if it’s mentioned somewhere in this thread ad nauseam, but I’ve seen pictures of a fold out stove system for the contour somewhere. Any updates on that?

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks,

did you use the low profile legs for the load bars

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Are
Well I have joined the club after cancelling my long awaited RSI SmartCap. Ordered my Contour this week, no windows, they say it should be here in January.

Forgive me if it’s mentioned somewhere in this thread ad nauseam, but I’ve seen pictures of a fold out stove system for the contour somewhere. Any updates on that?
are you thinking of the drop down side table

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Can someone with a sting gray, with matching top, post a side shot? I am having my canopy camper removed and replaced with the contour and just want a better idea of what it will look like. There are some good side shot photos of white and green JTs here, but no sting gray (unless I just missed it). Thanks.​
If you are asking for a side shot without a canopy...
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper Mojave_sedona1

JT_35sideToplessPassenger.jpg

Mojave_Tab_tuthill1.jpg

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Are

are you thinking of the drop down side table
First off, I clearly haven't had my coffee, as the photos I was referring to are literally the first post in this section, so that's where I saw it, ahaha :CWL:

What I was referring to is this:
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper 1669136649467

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
If you are asking for a side shot without a canopy...
Sorry I was not clear. I meant a good side shot with the contour canopy. I have a JT with an canopy camper and am changing to the contour, so want a good picture of the sting gray with it.

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
First off, I clearly haven't had my coffee, as the photos I was referring to are literally the first post in this section, so that's where I saw it, ahaha :CWL:

What I was referring to is this:
1669136649467.png
Still a prototype as far as I know. AluCab offers a really nifty Side Prep Table currently.

1669142021731.png

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Still a prototype as far as I know. AluCab offers a really nifty Side Prep Table currently.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper 1669142021731
That looks like it would hold a small stove nicely

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
I picked mine up at Ashville Vehicle Outfitters a couple of months ago. Amazing service and very happy with this setup. I already had a FSR roof top tent so I installed that and then added Overland Pro's 270 Awning. 2 Trips so far and this has to be my favorite setup. We also go big on tailgating for football games and this served us well this season.

ETA: I opted for the solid side doors because the trails we ride tend to be very narrow and was concerned about breaking the windows on the glass sides.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper Gladiator

albeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Can someone with a sting gray, with matching top, post a side shot? I am having my canopy camper removed and replaced with the contour and just want a better idea of what it will look like. There are some good side shot photos of white and green JTs here, but no sting gray (unless I just missed it). Thanks.​
Here's mine. Been on for about 2 months and loving it. Still need to wire it up though.

20221011_103904.jpg

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Here's mine. Been on for about 2 months and loving it. Still need to wire it up though.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper 20221011_103904
Exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks.
I keep going back and forth between the contour, an RSI (what I had on order before I bought the canopy camper, an ARE, and a tonneau cover. I know the Contour is teh right decision, but had not see one on a sting gray yet.
Sponsored