Sponsored

Alu-Cab Contour Canopy Roll Call - not Camper

albeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks.
I keep going back and forth between the contour, an RSI (what I had on order before I bought the canopy camper, an ARE, and a tonneau cover. I know the Contour is teh right decision, but had not see one on a sting gray yet.
I was looking at the canopy camper to start with but could not justify the cost, maybe someday. I have a buddy with a diamond back cover he loves but wouldnt fit all my gear.
Sponsored

FRAWLZLINE

First Name
MATTHEW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
DCJR SALES AND LEASING CONSULATANT
Didn't think it would help. My problem is trying to get the key to slip in. Seems like you have to line it up perfectly. Don't think I've had this problem before with any key and lock. It's getting to be a bit annoying and sometimes frustrating.
Have you tried a wire brush to the key? Some new keys might just need the edges to be worn slightly(from my experience in my previous job of cutting keys at Lowe's).

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Have you tried a wire brush to the key? Some new keys might just need the edges to be worn slightly(from my experience in my previous job of cutting keys at Lowe's).
Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try. It's super annoying at times, especially when I'm in a rush.

Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Yes, this thread :) Please refer to the opening post and check out post #13

1669657722992.png
Ty. I did read that initially, but for some reason the posts don't hammer the point down for me. Also it is a fairly shallow analysis, there are many aspects in the material and capablilty unnamed. Normally when I read a comparison I fairly quickly know what I feel is superior and will buy. Here I am just as stuck as before. Ok the GoFast is unavailable to me and the last 3 shipments of RSI were canceled. They keep trying to sell me ARE, and I keep telling them that the roof loading capacity is not even close to what I need from my setup... (but I guess that is what is in stock so they try make a sale)
There is little meat to dig in. What mounts how, what will last under load etc

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Also it is a fairly shallow analysis, there are many aspects in the material and capablilty unnamed. Normally when I read a comparison I fairly quickly know what I feel is superior and will buy. There is little meat to dig in. What mounts how, what will last under load etc
You know what, I'm in the holiday spirit and I'll make an excel chart for you and post it. To be clear, I'm just a consumer and made this thread because I personally own the AluCab Contour Canopy. I am just compiling facts from each mfg's website. I feel like I touched on the main (3) components... PRICE, CONSTRUCTION and FEATURES.

What aspects of material and construction are unnamed? The first bullet point for each competitor in post #13 highlight build material. What mounts how? = What are you referring to? How the topper mounts to the bed? How accessories mount to the topper?

I believe there's a dedicated thread for both the RSI and GFC that has been started. You might want to ask actual owners of these brands some questions as this thread will be tailored to specific AluCab owners. As far as durability, The AluCab Contour has only been out for a few months and I'm not aware of any GFC's in the wild at the time of this post. Long term testing is not really a thing yet.

I'll update post #13 today with the comparison chart.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
You know what, I'm in the holiday spirit and I'll make an excel chart for you and post it.
I did not mean to drive you to so much effort?, I do enjoy it though. Love me a spreadsheet. Don't get enough of those at work :LOL:

No I just mean, while talking about spirit. Normally I read about a few products and I go that is the one!
I just don't get that here.

ARE shocked me with their roof load capacity. Did not find it anywhere emailed them and wow.
And then browsing pictures, to convince myself (it does look good), with them showing pictures of roof tops on the ARE X Classic, a user on comments asked about overlanding/rtt etc they were kinda like yeah, but actually you should go for the HD line as this is not really up to that task.

P.S. Did not mean to sound like a nancy poo, just frustrated that critters are eating my Jeeps and I can't make a solution on what to spend money on and cry once rather than trying stuff out.

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Comparison chart attached in post #13... please let me know what might need altering and I'm happy to update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Aha

You see it did help. The Alu Cab is the cheapest, 2nd lightest, with a f... ton of add-ons and purchasable ?
Yep... nailed it. Honestly, that's what make it the best on the market IMO. Glad to be of service :)

Last edited:

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I went from a canopy camper to a Contour canopy this week. In the next couple of months I will probably buy a travel trailer, just need to narrow it down.
I need to mount my rear view mirror camera, a work light, fridge power and a few other things to the Contour, but it will be much simpler than the camper was.

70268B73-7649-4268-9B76-93481C4D2F87.jpeg

0EDD3716-7C1D-4A2E-B686-20E7AEC2F8F1.jpeg
Sponsored