OP

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Can also set the griddle up like this. These are awesome to cook on. Really cuts down on cookware. Can crank out a huge breakfast feed in short order!

ACE6F64F-D192-4D37-8024-AEF279E29D14.jpeg

B0BF0310-83CA-4524-BB98-8A6C677C782C.jpeg

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I gave you complete directions to remove it here https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-gladiator-bed-cap.30322/post-502036

should be easy after your cleanup. BTW, what is that a picture of? Looks like an almost 90% pavillion with a small shed under it with a walk up ordering window.:like:
OK guys. Got my head above water (pun intended!)

Here is the picture of how AVO wired the brake light. As you can see the blue wire is wired into the white wire and the brown wire is wired into the infamous green wire!

@steffen707 what the previous picture showed is our boathouse. Here in the “South” our lakes really never freeze so we don’t have to pull them out like you guys probably do (I grew up in NH and that’s what was done there). As a consequence the docks at SML are fairly elaborate. This dock is about 24x36’ plus the floater and is supported by 14 treated telephone poles. It contains a cabana (in white) that houses the fridge, stereo, fishing gear etc. The boat is outboard of that but you can’t see it in the picture.

Sorry for being short the other day...

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 05DEF2EC-6CF0-4039-8362-F3C7AF58A9FB

Last edited:

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Here is the picture of how AVO wired the brake light. As you can see the blue wire is wired into the white wire and the brown wire is wired into the infamous green wire!

@steffen707 what the previous picture showed is our boathouse. Here in the “South” our lakes really never freeze so we don’t have to pull them out like you guys probably do (I grew up in NH and that’s what was done there). As a consequence the docks at SML are fairly elaborate. This dock is about 24x36’ plus the floater and is supported by 14 treated telephone poles. It contains a cabana (in white) that houses the fridge, stereo, fishing gear etc. The boat is outboard of that but you can’t see it in the picture.

Hey, if I was dealing with water levels like that, I would be too! No worries at all.

Perfect timing! I was just about to investigate my taillight to see what I could do. Thanks for taking the time! I really appreciate it!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

YOU GOT A BOAT HOUSE! =) Thanks for elaborating

I wonder what the white and green wires are. I'm going to wire mine like yours, test and then just call it good.

Sorry to anybody I led astray with my wiring diagram. :blush:

@smlobx , its okay you were short the other day.......I'm short every day. :CWL:

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, if I was dealing with water levels like that, I would be too! No worries at all.

Perfect timing! I was just about to investigate my taillight to see what I could do. Thanks for taking the time! I really appreciate it!
so I hate to do this to you… But do you still have the tail light off? I popped mine off and I have more than one white wire, one with a grey stripe, orange stripe and pink stripe.I think you’re tapped into the grey stripe one but I was hoping to do my wiring on the vehicle side harness so if I ever needed to replace the tail lamp, I wouldn’t need to rewire all this.

That’s when it got confusing:
Pin1 is green on both sides (no problem)
Pin2 is orange on the vehicle side, but not connected on the taillight side.
Pin3 is not connected on the VEHICLE side, and hooked up to that white wire with a grey stripe on the taillight side. So in theory, I can’t connect to it without connecting it on the tail lamp side.

B61587CD-19B3-45A3-85B9-24203F3CBD49.jpeg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Wait, looks like you're connected to the tail light wiring, I was connected to the opposite side of that plug, i'll have to check if the wires are same color on both sides of that plug.

for @coreoski , the white wires on the left appear to have pink and orange(or yellow) striping. Maybe that'll help you.

Wonder if the wiring is different on the vehicle or light side if you have a sport vs a rubicon.....

DAMN! Somebody has had to figure this out by now from the LED group or the reverse light group.....

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pin3 is not connected on the VEHICLE side, and hooked up to that white wire with a grey stripe on the taillight side. So in theory, I can’t connect to it without connecting it on the tail lamp side.
I guess its possible the white with gray wire is somehow connected to something else, but if the pin on the other side of the harness (vehicle side) doesn't have a wire there, wouldn't this wire not do anything? Like maybe on a rubicon its there, but on a sport its not?

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I guess its possible the white with gray wire is somehow connected to something else, but if the pin on the other side of the harness (vehicle side) doesn't have a wire there, wouldn't this wire not do anything? Like maybe on a rubicon its there, but on a sport its not?
Yup! That’s what I noticed too. Wire colors are different and I bet certain packages use more or less of the pins than others.

So for reference: I have the Premium LED package and the blind spot sensor (active safety package) on this rubicon tail lamp.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Check the Quake tail light thread. Not sure if they get into the wiring but it’s a start.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have a sport S and my tail light side wiring doesn't look the same. The yellow wire connects to the green one. i actually have 2 black wires on the vehicle side that both had continuity to ground. Two of the wires actually oscilated between 12v and 0. None of the wires stayed 12volts when the blinker was on....

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200527_203111

This is under the bed near the rear bumper.
The top wiring plug has 4 wires.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200527_202945

When I checked for continuity to ground I had continuity on the two wires on the right, and the far left green wire. each of them also showed a few milivolts of DC current. I'm no car wiring guy, no idea what this means.

The white with green stripe had 12 volts when the brake was on and turn signals on. So if I can't find a good ground under the bed, I'll probably tap into the black wire for ground and hope it works. I might also inspect the wiring under the tailgate cover to see if maybe i have a better time figuring out which one is truly ground.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200527_202925

View attachment 80781

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have a Rubicon with the LED lights but not the blind spot monitoring package.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My kid's things have been taking over the garage. Taught my 6 year old how to use a miter saw. He cut 8 of the 21" pieces himself (well with me standing right next to him).

I found a piece of 1/4" osb behind a pegboard i tore out of my garage today. Decided to make a mockup of my shelf i'm going to have made out of 1/8" aluminum. Planning to have a 2-3" lip on the front and back to have more rigidity as well as limit stuff from falling over the edge.

Contacted ok4wd and they said they can get more of this bracket from Africa for $15 EACH....JESUS! I realize I could make something myself, but these are really nice and EXACTLY the right height and beefy. Look at the two brackets holding up my cabinet, its the same height as the 6 top brackets that hold the canopy on.

Do you think 2 on each side and 2 on the rear would be plenty for the 1/8" aluminum shelf?
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200531_181549

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200531_181155
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200531_181201
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200531_181207
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 20200531_182100

Last edited:

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I think you put lips on all 4 sides - cab end and sides go down and bolt direct to mounting locations so no brackets needed.
Sponsored