Aluminum Front Bumpers

Gdavis

First Name
Graig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm looking for an aluminum bumper to put on my JT. Only one I have really been able to find is the Barricade Alloy. I would love to find something that fits the stock Rubicon LED fogs if possible. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Heathsrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
I'm looking for an aluminum bumper to put on my JT. Only one I have really been able to find is the Barricade Alloy. I would love to find something that fits the stock Rubicon LED fogs if possible. Anyone have any suggestions?
I was looking at the Rockhard 4X4 Patriot series. The have the mid-width and full-width in Aluminum, but I was really looking for the Stubby bumper in Aluminum, but they said they are not going to make it for the JL/JT, but I have heard their JK bumpers might fit.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
C09153C3-156A-411F-9CCB-329AF97B1B6D.jpeg
My suggestion (if you can get your hands on this Jeep Gladiator concept front bumper) would be to throw away the factory fog lights and then use the wires for the factory fog lights to power fog lights for this super cool looking concept trucks front bumper. This would look fantastic. Problem solved.

OP
OP
Gdavis

Gdavis

First Name
Graig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
C09153C3-156A-411F-9CCB-329AF97B1B6D.jpeg
My suggestion (if you can get your hands on this Jeep Gladiator concept front bumper) would be to throw away the factory fog lights and then use the wires for the factory fog lights to power fog lights for this super cool looking concept trucks front bumper. This would look fantastic. Problem solved.
I can only imagine what a Mopar concept bumper would cost. It is kinda cool looking.

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
GenRight and RockHard 4X4. I have owned RH4X4 products on previous Jeeps and it is quality stuff. No personal experience with GR but they have a good reputation

Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
ive searched through a few treads, and this one is the closest i have found to answering the question about bumper fitment. It may be that the JT platform only recently released that the aftermarket hasn't updated their sites to show JT Gladiator as an option for bumpers and other accessories. Does anyone know if the JT and JL are the same applications when it comes to mounting etc? Im not even sure if JK and JL is different? Jeep kept the doors the same so the aftermarket world would not have to make new door accessories, which makes sense. Just curious if we could expect the same for the bumpers. im interested in the pronghorn overland product

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
ive searched through a few treads, and this one is the closest i have found to answering the question about bumper fitment. It may be that the JT platform only recently released that the aftermarket hasn't updated their sites to show JT Gladiator as an option for bumpers and other accessories. Does anyone know if the JT and JL are the same applications when it comes to mounting etc? Im not even sure if JK and JL is different? Jeep kept the doors the same so the aftermarket world would not have to make new door accessories, which makes sense. Just curious if we could expect the same for the bumpers. im interested in the pronghorn overland product
bumper on the JL and JT are the same. JK is slightly different but many have been able to make the fit with a little massage.

Jeep could care less about the aftermarket companies doors, they kept the doors the same to save themselves the cost of engineering and producing different door styles. In fact the things that are changed give FCA (Mopar) an advantage of being first to market with the correct fitting product.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
bumper on the JL and JT are the same. JK is slightly different but many have been able to make the fit with a little massage.

Jeep could care less about the aftermarket companies doors, they kept the doors the same to save themselves the cost of engineering and producing different door styles. In fact the things that are changed give FCA (Mopar) an advantage of being first to market with the correct fitting product.
Thats great info! Thanks for the quick reply! And you're definitely right about their engineering/production cost savings. What i should have said was, as an added benefit, Wrangler owners converting to JT could easily transfer over some of their existing accessories. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of the truck market with this one wheeling around. The price tag is the only downside, but then again, ive never seen a cheap jeep either? Looking forward to September when the Gator is available!

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Most JK front bumpers appear to fit. I just put a JL OEM plastic bumper on my JK last night. I'm selling the Jeep but want to see if I can fit my XHD aluminum bumper on my JT so I didn't want to sell it with the JK. I DID have to lengthen the wiring for the fog lights since the JL fogs are toward the outside and the JK ones are more toward the center. Otherwise it was a bolt on swap.

The grille shapes on JL/JT are different from the JK so any bumper that tries to hug them will look weird. I've also gathered that the JL grille is closer to the frame mounting holes than the JK one, so especially tall JK bumpers won't fit on the JL. I'll come back here to update once I have my truck if the aluminum one fits.

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
No issues at all mounting the Barricade Alloy. Very light weight, sturdy and looks great. Now to pick out a winch.

25B2D930-B1E6-4160-A2D5-9B8D80A5D0A7.jpeg
Looks really nice! Which way are you leaning on your winch? I've got an eye for a big old Warn, but they're pricey.

Idtattoo

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Tattoo artist
No issues at all mounting the Barricade Alloy. Very light weight, sturdy and looks great. Now to pick out a winch.

25B2D930-B1E6-4160-A2D5-9B8D80A5D0A7.jpeg
Curious what lights did you use for the fog lights? I know the rubicon leds dont fit, i ended up grabbing some cree lights for now on mine till i figure something else out.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
are the aluminum plates thicker than the steel plate version? I would assume 3/16" plate for each, the steel would hold up better in a crash, no?

MadMax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Aluminum Front Bumpers 25B2D930-B1E6-4160-A2D5-9B8D80A5D0A7
How is that problem solved if this is a concept bumper and can’t buy it

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I ordered a Genright aluminum for my CJ. When it finally arrived I was highly disappointed. The worksnshop was horrible. Where the aluminum was broke to create the bends it was literally tearing apart with a bunch of hairlines splits very visible. Even the shop who ordered it for me said no way, ship it back. I ordered their steel stubby and am happy with it.
Sponsored