Sponsored

aluminum full height rack, RTT and tonneau, done.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
KB Voodoo Max Modular Alumax rack, 22" tall, 47" long with tonneau cover brackets. Puts my RTT about an inch and a half above my hardtop. I also bought the cheapo Amazon tonneau cover for a Colorado for $160 and 'Bob's you uncle'!
Voodoo Fabrications was super to deal with. I had a couple of specific questions that they answered in a day. Product was shipped within 3 days and arrived in perfect condition.
Looking back on it, I bet that using their 'factory Mopar tonneau brackets' would allow use of their 58" long rack.
Their top bars fall too narrow for my RTT so I flipped them upside down to make it easier to mount crap to the top on the inside. The 60lb rack, 160lb tent and tonneau dropped the rear end 1.25" stock suspension, 35's.
Jeep Gladiator aluminum full height rack, RTT and tonneau, done. IMG_0168.JPG
Jeep Gladiator aluminum full height rack, RTT and tonneau, done. IMG_0169 (1).JPG
Sponsored

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
Looks great! I'm considering the same rack to carry two 14ft kayaks partially over the cab and a little past the tailgate. I would use it part time with the Tonneau cover and sometimes not without the Tonneau brackets. Can you verify the rack will still sit above the cab without the Tonneau brackets?

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Looks great! I'm considering the same rack to carry two 14ft kayaks partially over the cab and a little past the tailgate. I would use it part time with the Tonneau cover and sometimes not without the Tonneau brackets. Can you verify the rack will still sit above the cab without the Tonneau brackets?
The tonneau brackets add 2.5" to the height.

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hey Radio,
I didn’t want a full-time tall rack, so purchased the 10” and attached an easy built uni-strut assembly to carry a SUP/kayak above the cab. See photo.

D43372C6-B063-4035-BAD5-61A544F8AE76.jpeg

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
The reason I'm looking at a rack is to occasionally carry two 14ft kayaks that weigh about 90lbs combined. I might use it to carry other long items that don't fit the bed and it would be removed most of the time.

Hey Radio,
I didn’t want a full-time tall rack, so purchased the 10” and attached an easy built uni-strut assembly to carry a SUP/kayak above the cab. See photo.

Jeep Gladiator aluminum full height rack, RTT and tonneau, done. D43372C6-B063-4035-BAD5-61A544F8AE76
Sponsored