• Total voters

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
It might be tough for the OP to dispute with Amex after more than 90 days. Hopefully it will all works out.
Naw….

American Express cardholders generally have 120 days from the transaction date to dispute a charge, but this time-frame can be extended for certain disputecategories, such as “goods not received.”
Sponsored

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Refund for sure. Any business owner with a lick of integrity would do what’s right for their customers. I’d make sure you get your money back and make sure you let others know your experience.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
What would you do in this situation.
On Feb 12, I ordered a bedrack and some extra parts from a small shop that is not local to me. The rack fit every need I had. One of the reasons I picked this place was the owner answered his personal cellphone on a sunday to answer my questions.

After I ordered I didnt get a lead time but I figured it would be 6-10 weeks like every one else in the industry so on Feb 26th, I reached out just to get an expected date, not solid, just what are we looking at and was told "youre already at powder coating, shouldnt be long". Awesome, I'm thinking these guys are rockstars, rack is almost done.

Talked to him again on March 22nd and the "powder coater lost some of your pieces", which I guess means they need to refab them and send them again. No big deal, they had the first pieces to powder coat in 2 weeks.

Talked to him again on April 12th and he said he was picking up my pieces at the end of the week. SInce that was the case, I needed an RTT and since I like buying from small business, I bought an RTT and an Annex, so another 2 grand. RTT and Annex has arrived, it was shipped from the manufacturer.

However, April 12th was the last time he would answer a call, email or text. I wasn't calling every day, I'd check in with him every couple of weeks. I've tried all methods of contact since that time with 1 text returned that said I'll call you later.

I found his partner through Instagram, asked him to check on MAy 24th. On the 25th, the partner told me my stuff "Should be shipping out next week". Awesome.

Now June 9th, and neither one will return a call or a text.

I'm thinking, screw it, its perfect for what I need but I'm not even sure I'm going to get it. I needed it for a Colorado trip in July, but now I just need to get some molle panels or something to hold me over until i can find another appropriate rack.

Should I call AMEX and dispute the charges and get my $ back? What would you do?

I wont put the business on blast, I'm not that guy. yet.

TLDR: Ordered a bed rack on Feb 12th, been told multiple times its shipping next week, never has, company wont return calls texts or emails. Should I get my money back?
You have already gone the extra mile. nuclear option is next.

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would not hesitate in getting my money back. You have done nothing wrong and they have a duty to supply the product you paid for. I would move on and never look back.

Hank
Best response above

Who knows what's going on their end? Medical issue, family death, ran away to the caymans with a mistress. regardless of that, I'd find an alternate solution.

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Best response above

Who knows what's going on their end? Medical issue, family death, ran away to the caymans with a mistress. regardless of that, I'd find an alternate solution.
Exactly, their issues are not the OPs issues. The business should have i) delivered the goods in the agreed timeframe, or ii) refunded the funds. Now they have set themselves up for a fraud investigation by AMEX...

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Exactly, their issues are not the OPs issues. The business should have i) delivered the goods in the agreed timeframe, or ii) refunded the funds. Now they have set themselves up for a fraud investigation by AMEX...
Twice in recent memory, I've ordered things from small companies and had them tell me that some family emergency caused a delay. They communicated, I expressed my concern and patience, it worked out in the end. Lies never work. "It's in powdercoating and will ship this week" is an outright lie obviously.

I'm a small business owner. I had to delay a few things last month because my mom had emergency surgery. I was transparent, and my customers were supportive. Few humans on the planet would not be supportive, given the reality of a situation.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
SO what's the verdict? Is the OP an arse? Cause, if you have to ask if you're an arse, odds are pretty good that you're an arse 🤪

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Twice in recent memory, I've ordered things from small companies and had them tell me that some family emergency caused a delay. They communicated, I expressed my concern and patience, it worked out in the end. Lies never work. "It's in powdercoating and will ship this week" is an outright lie obviously.

I'm a small business owner. I had to delay a few things last month because my mom had emergency surgery. I was transparent, and my customers were supportive. Few humans on the planet would not be supportive, given the reality of a situation.
Agreed completely, all they had to do was communicate honestly and all would have been, in all likelihood, fine...

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
Not so hasty, while the latter may be true, it could be that OP is still ALSO an asshole. Let's not rule that out yet.
Interesting. Would like to hear your thought as to why that would be true.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It was a joke. Just because one entity failed (seller) doesn't mean the the buyer isn't ALSO an asshole.
Sponsored