Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7

What would you do?

• Total voters

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
SO what's the verdict? Is the OP an arse? Cause, if you have to ask if you're an arse, odds are pretty good that you're an arse 🤪
Def an arse for not sharing the name of the company so others dont have to deal with the same.
Just provide the name. Its not blasting, but helping out fellow consumers. They can either make it right or not.
Sponsored

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Get your $$$ back, Johnny. Then go get some pie.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Do you have any idea if they may have seen this thread?

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
What would you do in this situation.
On Feb 12, I ordered a bedrack and some extra parts from a small shop that is not local to me. The rack fit every need I had. One of the reasons I picked this place was the owner answered his personal cellphone on a sunday to answer my questions.

After I ordered I didnt get a lead time but I figured it would be 6-10 weeks like every one else in the industry so on Feb 26th, I reached out just to get an expected date, not solid, just what are we looking at and was told "youre already at powder coating, shouldnt be long". Awesome, I'm thinking these guys are rockstars, rack is almost done.

Talked to him again on March 22nd and the "powder coater lost some of your pieces", which I guess means they need to refab them and send them again. No big deal, they had the first pieces to powder coat in 2 weeks.

Talked to him again on April 12th and he said he was picking up my pieces at the end of the week. SInce that was the case, I needed an RTT and since I like buying from small business, I bought an RTT and an Annex, so another 2 grand. RTT and Annex has arrived, it was shipped from the manufacturer.

However, April 12th was the last time he would answer a call, email or text. I wasn't calling every day, I'd check in with him every couple of weeks. I've tried all methods of contact since that time with 1 text returned that said I'll call you later.

I found his partner through Instagram, asked him to check on MAy 24th. On the 25th, the partner told me my stuff "Should be shipping out next week". Awesome.

Now June 9th, and neither one will return a call or a text.

I'm thinking, screw it, its perfect for what I need but I'm not even sure I'm going to get it. I needed it for a Colorado trip in July, but now I just need to get some molle panels or something to hold me over until i can find another appropriate rack.

Should I call AMEX and dispute the charges and get my $ back? What would you do?

I wont put the business on blast, I'm not that guy. yet.

TLDR: Ordered a bed rack on Feb 12th, been told multiple times its shipping next week, never has, company wont return calls texts or emails. Should I get my money back?
Absolutely call the credit card company and get your money back they had plenty of chances I would’ve done that along time ago

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well gentlemen, guess what I just got a shipping notification on. I’m headed out of town for the week. Once it gets here, I’ll let you know if they shipped everything, the condition, and the install.

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
Ok Gentlemen. Here's the Update.

Got home this morning and there was a big ol brown box sitting outside the garage. Even after all the challenges, I was hopeful it would be everything I needed. I chose this rack for the following reasons.
1. I didn't want half rack that cut off my sliding window and my vision out of the back, but I also didn't want a full height rack that was an inch or so above the cab. I wanted 3/4.
2. I needed a rack that the manufacturer would let me order additional Side and top panels to keep my GSD in the bed instead of jumping out. (in combination with a tailgate cargo net over the open area in the rear)
3. I wanted something that would work with a tonneau cover. but not any tonneau cover, a hard rolling locking one. AND, I didn't want adapter brackets that would cut the weight load by 1/3rd. AND, I wanted to be able to roll the cover all the way to the cab without having to shift and shimmy it.

I know, I wasn't asking for much. Anyway. What I order was supposed to fit the bill for all 3.

It Did. and Its fantastic. I'll be calling Monday morning and making sure AMEX doesn't hold their money from my dispute.

There are a couple of things. There were ZERO instructions. The main part on the passenger side was bent. I had to use some clamps and some Appalachian engineering to get it straight. They didn't send enough channel nuts so a trip to Lowes was necessary. The plastic tops had to be removed from the bed in order for the hard rolling tonneau to fit like it should, so another trip to Lowes for some rubber weather stripping was necessary. There are a coupe of areas where the powder coating could be better and a couple of scuffed areas, but hell, its going in the woods and its gonna get scratched up.

The good, It did and does every thing I asked.
Jeep Gladiator Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7 jeep rack 2

Jeep Gladiator Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7 jeep rack 3

Jeep Gladiator Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7 jeep rack 4

Jeep Gladiator Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7 jeep rack 5

Jeep Gladiator Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7 Jeep rack 6

Jeep Gladiator Am I being an Ahole? Update Page 7 Jeep Rack 7

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Looks good! I can’t tell the make and I would like to know. I was thinking of getting a max modular with tonneau brackets. Can you share what make this is?

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
Ok Gentlemen. Here's the Update.

Got home this morning and there was a big ol brown box sitting outside the garage. Even after all the challenges, I was hopeful it would be everything I needed. I chose this rack for the following reasons.
1. I didn't want half rack that cut off my sliding window and my vision out of the back, but I also didn't want a full height rack that was an inch or so above the cab. I wanted 3/4.
2. I needed a rack that the manufacturer would let me order additional Side and top panels to keep my GSD in the bed instead of jumping out. (in combination with a tailgate cargo net over the open area in the rear)
3. I wanted something that would work with a tonneau cover. but not any tonneau cover, a hard rolling locking one. AND, I didn't want adapter brackets that would cut the weight load by 1/3rd. AND, I wanted to be able to roll the cover all the way to the cab without having to shift and shimmy it.

I know, I wasn't asking for much. Anyway. What I order was supposed to fit the bill for all 3.

It Did. and Its fantastic. I'll be calling Monday morning and making sure AMEX doesn't hold their money from my dispute.

There are a couple of things. There were ZERO instructions. The main part on the passenger side was bent. I had to use some clamps and some Appalachian engineering to get it straight. They didn't send enough channel nuts so a trip to Lowes was necessary. The plastic tops had to be removed from the bed in order for the hard rolling tonneau to fit like it should, so another trip to Lowes for some rubber weather stripping was necessary. There are a coupe of areas where the powder coating could be better and a couple of scuffed areas, but hell, its going in the woods and its gonna get scratched up.

The good, It did and does every thing I asked.

Looks great!
I have the same tonneau and similar requirements. Please share the name of the company so we can check them out.

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
Looks great!
I have the same tonneau and similar requirements. Please share the name of the company so we can check them out.
The name of the company is Madpax Off-road also DBA Muddy Road Fab. Based in Oklahoma.

Edit: if you skipped right to here, this isn’t the update to out the company. they delivered, look 2 posts up.
Sponsored