What would you do?

• Total voters

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
What would you do in this situation.
On Feb 12, I ordered a bedrack and some extra parts from a small shop that is not local to me. The rack fit every need I had. One of the reasons I picked this place was the owner answered his personal cellphone on a sunday to answer my questions.

After I ordered I didnt get a lead time but I figured it would be 6-10 weeks like every one else in the industry so on Feb 26th, I reached out just to get an expected date, not solid, just what are we looking at and was told "youre already at powder coating, shouldnt be long". Awesome, I'm thinking these guys are rockstars, rack is almost done.

Talked to him again on March 22nd and the "powder coater lost some of your pieces", which I guess means they need to refab them and send them again. No big deal, they had the first pieces to powder coat in 2 weeks.

Talked to him again on April 12th and he said he was picking up my pieces at the end of the week. SInce that was the case, I needed an RTT and since I like buying from small business, I bought an RTT and an Annex, so another 2 grand. RTT and Annex has arrived, it was shipped from the manufacturer.

However, April 12th was the last time he would answer a call, email or text. I wasn't calling every day, I'd check in with him every couple of weeks. I've tried all methods of contact since that time with 1 text returned that said I'll call you later.

I found his partner through Instagram, asked him to check on MAy 24th. On the 25th, the partner told me my stuff "Should be shipping out next week". Awesome.

Now June 9th, and neither one will return a call or a text.

I'm thinking, screw it, its perfect for what I need but I'm not even sure I'm going to get it. I needed it for a Colorado trip in July, but now I just need to get some molle panels or something to hold me over until i can find another appropriate rack.

Should I call AMEX and dispute the charges and get my $ back? What would you do?

I wont put the business on blast, I'm not that guy. yet.

TLDR: Ordered a bed rack on Feb 12th, been told multiple times its shipping next week, never has, company wont return calls texts or emails. Should I get my money back?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Call the Credit Card company. Tell them the story and ask what they recommend to do. At least, you'll know if you have their support in getting a refund. They may contact the merchant for you and find out what's going on.

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I ordered a bed rack and got it in 1.5 weeks. It was the datin fabrication canopy cage. I just installed it a few days ago. If you want a pic i can load one. Its a big rack, well buit and sturdy. Hindsight i might of went with a smaller rack but i wanted the option of getting a softopper if i eventually wanted a full enclosure. A tonneau cover will also work but it has to be a roll up unless you want to slide it out to use a tri fold.

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
I would not hesitate in getting my money back. You have done nothing wrong and they have a duty to supply the product you paid for. I would move on and never look back.

Hank

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I would want to get my money back but what if his house burnt down? Or his daughter died? Also why are you buggin a small business on a Sunday! lol

No really I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe email one more time with your intentions to dispute the charges and see how they respond?

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
I would want to get my money back but what if his house burnt down? Or his daughter died? Also why are you buggin a small business on a Sunday! lol

No really I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe email one more time with your intentions to dispute the charges and see how they respond?
His partner is checking Instagram daily and ignoring my message

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I like pie. But seriously, I would give them a warning that you are about to file a fraud claim if they don’t respond immediately, and either refund your purchase or provide the product. If they fail to respond or provide the product, file the fraud claim. If they are reputable, the should understand and apologize for your delay. If there really is a product, they can sell it to the next guy with less delay.

Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Call your bank and declare it fraud. Get the money back and then you don't answer THEIR calls. You gave him every chance in the world to update you and provide what you paid for.

Oh, and tell us who the vendor is, so that nobody else here gets snookered and has their time wasted in such a big way.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Nerd
I am in a similar boat. Bought a bike rack in late March for a great price. Still waiting …. My options are to pay double or wait it out.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
What would you do in this situation.
On Feb 12, I ordered a bedrack and some extra parts from a small shop that is not local to me. The rack fit every need I had. One of the reasons I picked this place was the owner answered his personal cellphone on a sunday to answer my questions.

After I ordered I didnt get a lead time but I figured it would be 6-10 weeks like every one else in the industry so on Feb 26th, I reached out just to get an expected date, not solid, just what are we looking at and was told "youre already at powder coating, shouldnt be long". Awesome, I'm thinking these guys are rockstars, rack is almost done.

Talked to him again on March 22nd and the "powder coater lost some of your pieces", which I guess means they need to refab them and send them again. No big deal, they had the first pieces to powder coat in 2 weeks.

Talked to him again on April 12th and he said he was picking up my pieces at the end of the week. SInce that was the case, I needed an RTT and since I like buying from small business, I bought an RTT and an Annex, so another 2 grand. RTT and Annex has arrived, it was shipped from the manufacturer.

However, April 12th was the last time he would answer a call, email or text. I wasn't calling every day, I'd check in with him every couple of weeks. I've tried all methods of contact since that time with 1 text returned that said I'll call you later.

I found his partner through Instagram, asked him to check on MAy 24th. On the 25th, the partner told me my stuff "Should be shipping out next week". Awesome.

Now June 9th, and neither one will return a call or a text.

I'm thinking, screw it, its perfect for what I need but I'm not even sure I'm going to get it. I needed it for a Colorado trip in July, but now I just need to get some molle panels or something to hold me over until i can find another appropriate rack.

Should I call AMEX and dispute the charges and get my $ back? What would you do?

I wont put the business on blast, I'm not that guy. yet.

TLDR: Ordered a bed rack on Feb 12th, been told multiple times its shipping next week, never has, company wont return calls texts or emails. Should I get my money back?
fuck that asshole. Get your money back.

-send email outlining your concerns and ask for your money back.
-if you dont get a refund in 2 business days, build out your timeline and begin dispute claim with card company.

man these lazy ass business using covid as an excuse for everything is absolutely unacceptable. BBB him, google review him, cancel your order, and hope he goes out of business. Do your part to shut these companies down and put these people on the street.
Sponsored