OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
Call your bank and declare it fraud. Get the money back and then you don't answer THEIR calls. You gave him every chance in the world to update you and provide what you paid for.

Oh, and tell us who the vendor is, so that nobody else here gets snookered and has their time wasted in such a big way.
I filed the dispute. His response will dictate my response.
Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
A friend of mine said, "there is no problem you have that can't be made infinitely worse by a lawyer". I'd tend to agree. Besides, you don't need one with something like this, bank cards and AmEx are set up for this kind of thing.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Supporting small businesses is one thing, but at the end of the day small businesses need to act like, well, a business.

I’d call the credit card company and ask for a refund. Hopefully you have everything documented; they will be asking for the details.

Good luck.

PS: Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the definition of madness.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
No really I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe email one more time with your intentions to dispute the charges and see how they respond?
Right there.... tell them what your plan is. Maybe then.... they get their sh!t together and get you your merch.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
A friend of mine said, "there is no problem you have that can't be made infinitely worse by a lawyer". I'd tend to agree. Besides, you don't need one with something like this, bank cards and AmEx are set up for this kind of thing.
this. The “my lawyer is going to sue” on car forums thats been around for decades is an utterly exhausting fallacy. Does anyone think people are actually intimidated by the phrase? They arent.

it means nothing, they will accomplish nothing, and will probably tell you that there is no case. Maybe a shady one will take your money and get you no result. But thats the extent of it 90%+ of the time.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Normally, I'd say give them more time.

However, communication is key for any business... if they're refusing to communicate, then all bets are off.

Start with your Credit Card Company... a few people, here, said Amex is good for this.. but honestly, any major CC will have your back on this. Amex, Mastercard, Visa, Discover.. at the most, they may ask for proof that you tried to contact the vendor. (emails, messages, and the like)

They may CHOOSE to attempt to contact the vendor before issuing you a refund. If they are being generous, they will just issue a standard return claim against them.. if they're feeling especially hateful (usually the case with a vendor who has multiple claims) they will issue a chargeback, AND then submit an interest claim against them as well.

Either way, once you get your money, I'd just let it drop and move on. If you start slamming them online, they have a better chance of making your life hell.

Source: I was a PCI Compliancy Officer, in my last job. Spent a good amount of time dealing with this stuff ;)

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right there.... tell them what your plan is. Maybe then.... they get their sh!t together and get you your merch.
I don’t want their shit on my vehicle now. Lol

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Normally, I'd say give them more time.

However, communication is key for any business... if they're refusing to communicate, then all bets are off.

Start with your Credit Card Company... a few people, here, said Amex is good for this.. but honestly, any major CC will have your back on this. Amex, Mastercard, Visa, Discover.. at the most, they may ask for proof that you tried to contact the vendor. (emails, messages, and the like)

They may CHOOSE to attempt to contact the vendor before issuing you a refund. If they are being generous, they will just issue a standard return claim against them.. if they're feeling especially hateful (usually the case with a vendor who has multiple claims) they will issue a chargeback, AND then submit an interest claim against them as well.

Either way, once you get your money, I'd just let it drop and move on. If you start slamming them online, they have a better chance of making your life hell.

Source: I was a PCI Compliancy Officer, in my last job. Spent a good amount of time dealing with this stuff ;)
I have no intent of slamming them. Again, how they handle it is how I will handle it. I was a marketing director for a marketing juggernaut in my past life. One thing I understand is word of mouth and digital marketing. I have mastered the art of telling people to go to hell and have them expect to enjoy the ride.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I don’t want their shit on my vehicle now. Lol
You made the right decision in filing the dispute with American Express. Certainly being frustrated is warranted. And I admire not trashing the company.

Why the poll then? If you make the comment you don't want the product on the rig, then why spin up a thread looking for advice?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You made the right decision in filing the dispute with American Express. Certainly being frustrated is warranted. And I admire not trashing the company.

Why the poll then? If you make the comment you don't want the product on the rig, then why spin up a thread looking for advice?
I disputed shortly after I started the thread. Just decided I was done. I certainly don’t feel I’m being unreasonable. I could be wrong, sometimes I can be an asshole.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yeah, I don't understand the lengths that people go to, to protect bad businesses at the expense of consumers. Imagine what it would be like if they actually shipped the product and there were issues. Goodluck with any type of warranty or service. If it was me,, I'd definitely be warning my buddies about this company.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
well now im intersted.

Glad you ended up disputing the charge. Im all for supporting smaller shops, but they need to back up their word with results. The shop your dealing with certainly fell short of that.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
All this waiting crap is getting ridiculous already. I've got 4 things for the Gladiator on order and maybe something will be here on the 18th. It's almost as if the sellers don't want to stock anything and just order when they have a bunch of cash for the same part. OPMs
Sponsored