• Total voters

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
If I were you, I'd put that business on blast! Everyone here should know this business that way we don't experience the same nonsense you experienced. 4 months is far too long, especially when communication has been ignored. That is a HUGE red flag. Blast away my friend!!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I did the same thing before to a small business who had a good reputation. Ordered shit, didn’t receive it, and two months later the owner stopped contact. I filed a claim with the credit card company who canceled the transaction. One week later I had my shit and a phone call from the owner apologizing lol People stop fucking around when you take your money back. I’ll support them until they try to fuck me.

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
First of all, tldr should always be at the top of the post ;)
Calling the credit card company is the best option. They will reach out to the company, and then the company will really start answering your calls. I've had to do something similar on a metal building I had put up. They messed up the concrete, but not where it would hold up the metal building, so they said they would fix it after. Then after they stopped answering, but thankfully I put a deposit down with credit card. Once I contacted them, the metal building company called and said they would get it fixed right away. Their guy got hurt, so it wasn't right away, but at least they were keeping me in the loop and constantly updating me.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I'd hold off on letting their name out until you get your money back. Once they hear from your credit card company, maybe you'll hear from them and get a reason for the delay. Then you can decide if you want to let their name out. At least then you can have the full story to let everyone know the reason for the delay, if you believe them, and people can decide for themselves if they want to do work with them.

I find small businesses are bad at communication. They seem to be afraid to tell people bad news/delays not realizing that poor communication is worse than bad news.

I'm sure if they had called you maybe 2 months in and said... Hey we had a delay, our powder coater lost some pieces so now we have to re-fab & re-powedcoat. Having trouble getting steel, it's going to delay us X weeks. You most likely would have been pissed but understanding and would have waited.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I'd hold off on letting their name out until you get your money back. Once they hear from your credit card company, maybe you'll hear from them and get a reason for the delay. Then you can decide if you want to let their name out. At least then you can have the full story to let everyone know the reason for the delay, if you believe them, and people can decide for themselves if they want to do work with them.

I find small businesses are bad at communication. They seem to be afraid to tell people bad news/delays not realizing that poor communication is worse than bad news.

I'm sure if they had called you maybe 2 months in and said... Hey we had a delay, our powder coater lost some pieces so now we have to re-fab & re-powedcoat. Having trouble getting steel, it's going to delay us X weeks. You most likely would have been pissed but understanding and would have waited.
This may be true to some, but I have mostly found the opposite. It's the big vendors who are tough to deal with because they don't even stock most of the items and rely on them shipping directly from the manufacturer. They can't accurately estimate shipping times or backorders. I've had good luck with small businesses that are stand alone companies who handle the product start to finish. I'll be watching this thread to find out about this company when the OP discloses it. I know they don't want to put them on blast in a review, but a forum is the place to give the information to others so they know what to expect when dealing with them.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Seems to me you're being quite reasonable and patient. The bottom line is you've paid for the work in good faith. They already have your money so although they want to get you the product, problems that arise (your lost pieces and their replacement) do not seem to be a priority. I'm all for giving people a chance as s%%t happens, but they need to act in good faith as you did which unfortunately for them includes fessing up when the ball is dropped and make it right.

I would have done what you did - good for you...

JS

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Geeee….I read through all of this to read who this company is. I’d post their name if they are in the business of taking your money and not following through. They carry the obligation to stay at the table if they’ve dressed it and invited you to dine as a customer. At the very least if you don’t want to post on open forum who they are, then write a 1 star review and those of us shopping around will do our due diligence and read the reviews before buying.

This reminds me of my purchase factory build order for a vehicle I placed with Toyota, end of October 2020 (before I crossed the floor to Jeep). Was told I’d have to wait 3 months but check in after 2 weeks to confirm order placement and get updates. I waited 2 weeks and the sales guy said “it’s on the assembly line”! So happy I was and I sent him a video of Toyota’s assembly line showing the whole process from start to finish and a vehicle is made and up on the delivery truck in 24 hours! So excited I was….until it was hard to reach him and then he had to tell me it was scheduled to be made in the 3rd month. So, he lied to me.
At the end of 3 months he told me to reach out to the regional Toyota rep and ask him about my order. I phoned and emailed. No response. Sales guy updated me a week later to say Toyota couldn’t make the truck due to lack of parts and of course COVID. Canceled the order and went to Jeep. Thank you Toyota for this experience. If it wasn’t for all the shit you handed me I wouldn’t have made my decision to upgrade to Jeep!

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I am a small business and completely understand supporting local......when it makes sense. This does not make sense.
My 'perfect' rack is never going to be manufactured (that shop is too busy with other things), so I went with a MaxModular and LOVE it!! Their customer service was great! I got the 22" tall model so my RTT goes over the cab with the tonneau cover brackets. The only thing that I might change would be to get the 58" long rack with their offset brackets. I did get the aluminum so it is about 60 lbs. Honestly, can't say enough good about them.

Best of luck!!

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
It's one of the worst parts about the niche hobby industry. No matter what it is, guitars, guns, automotive parts, knives, *insert your favorite hobby here*, there's always builders that come up with awesome/innovative products that people want. It never fails that they're for the most part awful business people and before long the customer complaints crop up.

The more exclusive and awesome the product is, the more chance there is for this situation to arise. We as customers tell ourselves just give them a little more time because we're already this invested and ultimately at the end of the day if it comes in WIN. In the back of our head we know the minute we dispute it the dream of having it in hand is dead so we rationalize why it's not quite time yet.

Sorry you're in the middle of it. I'm 6 months on an AK build that was supposed to take 2 months tops. Thankfully my guy is still responding, and it's just a waiting game. Good luck.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
TLDR: Ordered a bed rack on Feb 12th, been told multiple times its shipping next week, never has, company wont return calls texts or emails. Should I get my money back?
Yes.

I ordered my racks from JCR near the end of April and had them by the end of May. I ordered at just the right time in their production schedule as the bed rack was in my driveway less than 3 weeks after ordering.

I sent them an email because I got my 2 of 3 items so quick, I wanted to make sure my 3rd item didn't get missed on the production schedule. They responded timely and with positive info. My half roof rack was waiting for me when I got home from Memorial Day camping.

Non-automotively, I've been waiting since March 15th for an order from Brownell's that was originally quoted "30 business days." Still waiting. And in follow-up, found out that the "manufacturer" doesn't make the item either, they source it from somewhere else (I'm assuming 10 miles up Hwy 93).

So here I wait, patiently for 20" of steel.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Send them the same communication via all means and tell the exact same short story on each. Email, phone, instagram, Facebook; copy/read the same message. Tell them you are giving them 3 days to produce a tracking number that HAS shipped out. If they don't you will call AMEX to dispute the charge and you will let the JeepGladiatorForums and Gladiator Facebook pages you are a member of know about the problems you have had. That's reasonable.

You're not putting them on blast immediately, and you're not being a dick. You have been more than patient and haven't gotten a real reason so even with a real reason now they fix it and ship it or sorry for your luck the rest of the world will now know. And tell them I hope it's a lesson to be up front.
Sponsored