First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow, 2002 Honda S2000
Occupation
AirForce
Hey everyone I’m planning on buying a Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Package here soon! Just wanting some second opinions on it before I pull the trigger. It’s a Hydro Blue one which I have came to absolutely fall in love with.
Vehicle Price- $44,610.00
AutoNation Savings-$3,674.01
Customer Rebate-$2,500
AutoNation Price-$38,934.99
Window Tint-$499.00
Vehicle Selling Price-$38,934.99
Transit tax under 10k-$32.90
Sales Tax estimate-$3,231.60
Documentation fee-$499.00
License fee-$8.25
Title fee-$4.00
Postage-$3.00
Public safety fee-$32.00
Air quality-$1.50
Tire fee-$5.00
BALANCE DUE-$42,752.24

The truck is a Sport S Hydro blue
Max tow package
Convenience package
3 piece hardtop
Technology group
Auxiliary switch group
8 Speed Auto Transmission
Upgraded audio system
Sponsored

Last edited:

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Looks like they're starting off around 4.5% under invoice and then tacking on the $2000 incentive from FCA. Their math shows $2000, not $2500 customer rebate. However, they aren't charging you the destination fee so that helps offset the tint upcharge and the high doc fee. If they don't jump the price by the destination fee I'll be surprised and yes, you're getting a good deal. If they add the destination charge back, I'd say it's luke warm.

OP
OP
HydroLifeAZ

HydroLifeAZ

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AirForce
Looks like they're starting off around 4.5% under invoice and then tacking on the $2000 incentive from FCA. Their math shows $2000, not $2500 customer rebate. However, they aren't charging you the destination fee so that helps offset the tint upcharge and the high doc fee. If they don't jump the price by the destination fee I'll be surprised and yes, you're getting a good deal. If they add the destination charge back, I'd say it's luke warm.
The extra $500 you’re seeing there is because I’m military so I’m approved for the $500 military rebate they offer as well! I’m wanting to pull the trigger I’m just scared on re sale values of the Gladiator. Since they apparently haven’t been selling all that well.

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I wouldn’t pay 500 for tinting two windows. Geez.

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Destination is probably included
in vehicle price. 44,600 sounds like a sticker price for that build.

Sponsored

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Destination is probably included

in vehicle price. 44,600 sounds like a sticker price for that build.
MSRP including destination on the listed options/build is 46105 unless the destination charge has increased from the $1495 my version of the pricing worksheet contains. MSRP excluding the destination charge is 44610.

OP
OP
HydroLifeAZ

HydroLifeAZ

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AirForce
I wouldn’t pay 500 for tinting two windows. Geez.
I don’t want to however it is lifetime warranty. And since it’s already on the vehicle I can’t negotiate that price at all.

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
MSRP including destination on the listed options/build is 46105 unless the destination charge has increased from the $1495 my version of the pricing worksheet contains. MSRP excluding the destination charge is 44610.
Destination charge changes from region to region. Yours probably from the Dallas Fort Worth area via rail then shipped. Either way, it should say on the sticker.

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I don’t want to however it is lifetime warranty. And since it’s already on the vehicle I can’t negotiate that price at all.
That tint is just a dealer addon. They get it installed at a fraction of the cost you're paying.

Ok so MSRP is $44,610.00..
Invoice is probably right around $39,000~ excluding destination

So with the AutoNation Savings-$3,674.01. They're probably $500 shy of invoice give or take.

Customer rebates you're doing well with.

Here's what I would do.
Ask them to show you the invoice. They should be completely transparent with you. You should be getting (Invoice price + destination) - Customer rebates $2500. Even with that, the dealer is still making 3% on MSRP from a hidden item called holdback, which can be negotiated.

So do the invoice transparency thing, try to negotiate on the tint, and or the documentation fee. $499 is above the average in your state.

I'm not crapping all over you or anything btw. You could get another $500-$1500 from this. Maybe its not worth it. A few hundred bucks in the grand scheme of things isn't much.

I have never paid for that tint cost

OP
OP
HydroLifeAZ

HydroLifeAZ

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AirForce
That tint is just a dealer addon. They get it installed at a fraction of the cost you're paying.

Ok so MSRP is $44,610.00..
Invoice is probably right around $39,000~ excluding destination

So with the AutoNation Savings-$3,674.01. They're probably $500 shy of invoice give or take.

Customer rebates you're doing well with.

Here's what I would do.
Ask them to show you the invoice. They should be completely transparent with you. You should be getting (Invoice price + destination) - Customer rebates $2500. Even with that, the dealer is still making 3% on MSRP from a hidden item called holdback, which can be negotiated.

So do the invoice transparency thing, try to negotiate on the tint, and or the documentation fee. $499 is above the average in your state.

I'm not crapping all over you or anything btw. You could get another $500-$1500 from this. Maybe its not worth it. A few hundred bucks in the grand scheme of things isn't much.

I have never paid for that tint cost
I ended up buying the Truck! 42.5K Out The door negotiated the price of tint a bit and they gave me 2 free fill ups on gas!

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Destination charge changes from region to region. Yours probably from the Dallas Fort Worth area via rail then shipped. Either way, it should say on the sticker.
Destination charge is levelized the same price regardless of location in the lower 48 states. So if your dealer is 5 miles down the road from the plant or all the way across the country on either cost, the destination charge is the same.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
Looks like you wound up getting a deal you are happy with. Honestly, that is all that really matters. Congrats!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Congrats on the new rig! Dealer tint has a value in the desert. Lots of different opinions, surely, but I'll pay for the deep tint off the lot.:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:
Sponsored