Sponsored

Am I the only one who thinks Jeep should’ve included an in dash CD player?

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
…sure maybe a fair percentage of people have moved on from holding media in their own hands, but I’m telling you that I like my cd’s on road trips and I‘d bet dollars to donuts that I’m not the only guy who bought one and then spent a second or few looking for the cd player to only realize it was GONE! I‘ll note that I am actually a somewhat techy guy and I’ve had music on my phones, but after past issues, I just like to keep it simple. Oh, and if it was a waterproof thing, then Jeep could have just put a slick little flip up and down rubber door on.
What say you?
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
…sure maybe a fair percentage of people have moved on from holding media in their own hands, but I’m telling you that I like my cd’s on road trips and I‘d bet dollars to donuts that I’m not the only guy who bought one and then spent a second or few looking for the cd player to only realize it was GONE! I‘ll note that I am actually a somewhat techy guy and I’ve had music on my phones, but after past issues, I just like to keep it simple. Oh, and if it was a waterproof thing, then Jeep could have just put a slick little flip up and down rubber door on.
What say you?
It's not a waterproof thing, as they had cd players until this generation. Our JK does. I wish mine had a CD player, but honestly, not many vehicles come with them anymore. My last 2 did not have CD players either. CDs have kind of gone the way of the cassette.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hah, I was just having a discussion with a buddy about how no (or few) new vehicles include these anymore. I will say, I can't think of the last time I used a CD. I mainly do SirusXM or Pandora.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pedal Metal

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
Hah, I was just having a discussion with a buddy about how no (or few) new vehicles include these anymore. I will say, I can't think of the last time I used a CD. I mainly do SirusXM or Pandora.
I loose my signal whenever driving downtown or by overpasses.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I still use and buy CDs. I prefer CD sound quality, and love holding a CD case with artwork and lyrics in my hand. I do miss playing a CD in my truck. I never carried more than 5 or 6 CDs at a time in my vehicles. Just whatever my mood was at the time. So I kinda wish it was an option. I'd probably use it once in a while for my most favorite albums. But it's not a huge issue.

*I'm an audiophile

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I loose my signal whenever driving downtown or by overpasses.
Yeah, I have the same issue with SirusXM. I like having it for road trips though. Never have to worry about losing the station. The family and some friends just went up to the Grand Canyon this last Sunday and we were able to listen to the home broadcasts of our respective football teams during the drive which was nice.

Sponsored

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
What say you?
I agree completely with you.
Vehicle manufacturers have gotten to where they just stay with the latest tech craze and ignore everything in the past.
Would love to have it in my Mojave............

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I'd have liked a CD. So I bought a new old stock (but relatively recent, and relatively compact) Alpine DVD changer, that can play CDs, that I am going to mount vertically behind the rear seat, with wiring running forward to connect into the AUX port. Just wish I could find the free time to dive in and do it (planning some moderate amplifier and speaker upgrades as part of the same effort, so it's not a one-afternoon task)

I've got a lot of technical interests and aptitudes but absolutely zero patience with apps and menus and user interfaces when it comes to music.

Sirius audio quality is meh at best, it skips out with trees and topography and buildings where I live and drive, their DJs are annoying, and their content is repetitive. I am not going to get rid of it, but I am not satisfied with it as my main option. FM music is sparse and dull where I live.

OP
OP
Pedal Metal

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
1. They would skip offroad (as they do in my TJ)
2. Put 10000 cds worth of songs on a thumb drive the size of a peanut
1.a. I have a Mojave which has to be the smoothest wheeler I’ve ever driven.
1.b. I did mention for on road trips.
2.a. Sure, I could change the form factor, but I don’t want to mess with moving music again
2.b. I only need 20 cds or less to occasionally pass the time on a road trip.

OP
OP
Pedal Metal

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
What are CDs?
Records played by a laser beam.

…since you’ll probably ask, a record looks like a flat dinner plate, but it makes musical sounds when played on a record player.
Sponsored