Am I thinking clearly?

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Hey guys! I am looking at buying a Jeep Gladiator and would appreciate any feedback on my ideas. I'm new to the off-road community and want to make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself.

I'm wanting a Jeep to take off road (mostly locally for now TX, OK, AK, NM) but will also be my daily driver ( I'm a Firefighter so driving isn't too much) I went to a local dealer and they showed me the Sport and Sport S. I liked the S but they all seem to have either too few features or too many.

With this in mind I think factory ordering would be the best? I have built on what i want online as follows:

2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S: Gator Green, Tan cloth seats, spray bed-liner, floor mats, Max Towing Pkg, popular equipment pkg, automatic transmission. Coming up to $41,540.

I would be looking to at least put a 2" lift and change wheels and tires right away (I hate the silver rims and would hate to take them home... is it common to do swaps or trades with the dealer?)

From what I have read I should be looking for a dealer that will do 5% below invoice. (hear that there is a dealer in Houston that commonly accommodates this.)

I guess my questions are is this build a good jumping point for a beginner to get off road and have fun but also available to be modified for more serious treks in the future?

Would it be beneficial to order now or wait to see if there are bigger incentives?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
You're in the right place. Do a little digging here for the best deal. Remember, you can always have the dealer you pick deliver your JT to your house. It is a nominal fee but when saving $$$ who cares. Your target is 8% below invoice + rebates and incentives.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I think you are on the right track OP. May want to request info on the JT from Jeep's website. Members here have been getting certificates anywhere from $500-$1500. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to whom they send them to.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
If you do not want the features of the Rubicon or Mojave, the "max tow" with the wider axles and 4:10 gears is a good platform to build on, and you get that nice sticker on your door that says you can tow 7K pounds.

OP
OP

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
I think you are on the right track OP. May want to request info on the JT from Jeep's website. Members here have been getting certificates anywhere from $500-$1500. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to whom they send them to.

Thanks for the info! I just sent in a request, and will let you know if I get anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
You're in the right place. Do a little digging here for the best deal. Remember, you can always have the dealer you pick deliver your JT to your house. It is a nominal fee but when saving $$$ who cares. Your target is 8% below invoice + rebates and incentives.

Wow! Okay. Do you normally just email a few dealerships with what you want and expected price point from the get go? I have never factory ordered a vehicle so it's all new here.

OP
OP

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
If you do not want the features of the Rubicon or Mojave, the "max tow" with the wider axles and 4:10 gears is a good platform to build on, and you get that nice sticker on your door that says you can tow 7K pounds.

Haha. Everyone loves stickers right?

I'd be all for a Rubicon, but it's just out of the budget for me.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Okay. Do you normally just email a few dealerships with what you want and expected price point from the get go? I have never factory ordered a vehicle so it's all new here.
Yes, as a matter of fact, you can email Kent --> [email protected] or call him ‭(208) 741-1289. Know that if you order from Kent you'll pay a $1,000 deposit and use their financing but you'll get a no-hassle, below invoice, price and he will apply all available discounts. Financing options depend on your credit too.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
i cant get anyone YET to go below 3% at the moment around me.

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Hey guys! I am looking at buying a Jeep Gladiator and would appreciate any feedback on my ideas. I'm new to the off-road community and want to make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself.

I'm wanting a Jeep to take off road (mostly locally for now TX, OK, AK, NM) but will also be my daily driver ( I'm a Firefighter so driving isn't too much) I went to a local dealer and they showed me the Sport and Sport S. I liked the S but they all seem to have either too few features or too many.

With this in mind I think factory ordering would be the best? I have built on what i want online as follows:

2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S: Gator Green, Tan cloth seats, spray bed-liner, floor mats, Max Towing Pkg, popular equipment pkg, automatic transmission. Coming up to $41,540.

I would be looking to at least put a 2" lift and change wheels and tires right away (I hate the silver rims and would hate to take them home... is it common to do swaps or trades with the dealer?)

From what I have read I should be looking for a dealer that will do 5% below invoice. (hear that there is a dealer in Houston that commonly accommodates this.)

I guess my questions are is this build a good jumping point for a beginner to get off road and have fun but also available to be modified for more serious treks in the future?

Would it be beneficial to order now or wait to see if there are bigger incentives?

I was also looking at getting a rubicon, but even with dealer discounts, I think the Sport S with max tow package will be better for me. Couple of things that are steering me away from the rubicon:

- $$ when I would be changing a lot of things (Lift, sliders, full belly skids from Artec). No need to pay for fox shocks, when they would be removed during a quality lift install.
- Front Swaybar Auto disconnect. After doing some research, the auto engage in 4wd past 18mph is a deal breaker for me. I am happy to use manual swaybar disconnects, or even add a curry Anti-rock swaybar one day.
- Lockers. I ready have an ARB dual compressor, so adding actual Air-lockers will only be an extra ~$3000 expense down the road, on my time. I would probably re-gear anyways at this point.

To me it seems like I could get more 'truck' for less money, (Max tow, Aux-switch group, bed liner, cold weather pkg). I hardly saw any rubicons in my area with the Aux-switch group.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Weston.cain

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Oklahoma has some excellent deals on on Gladiators. Being originally from Oklahoma I was looking the other day and was shocked at seeing some of the prices and deals down there, they were great.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
I live in north dallas. I ordered from K.C Gardner from Mac Haik in Georgetown, really good to deal with. Not sure of current incentives but they were straight forward and ordering offered similar deep discounts others were offering without hassle.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW