Sponsored

Americans' Thirst for Wrangler Quenched? - Article

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
https://www.insidercarnews.com/americans-thirst-for-jeep-wranglers-may-be-quenched/

"There are a few theories. One is the price increase of the Wrangler JL is keeping buyers at bay. The $3,000-$4,000 jump surely pushes some shoppers away, who might go for the Compass, Cherokee, or even a non-Jeep SUV.

Another believable reason is the fact FCA has been pumping out more Jeep Wranglers than ever before. Sales of Wranglers are still strong, so perhaps the price increase isn’t really scaring shoppers away."

More speculation. Perhaps Jeep will be afraid of the 85,000 wranglers sitting on Dealer lots and be reasonable with the Gladiator pricing? lol

WHEN IS PRICING COMING!
Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
i think they will sit in dealers yards over here to ,they are $10,000 dearer than the jk's they are trying to sell & with the 1 star safety rating many buyers will be going elsewhere

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
https://www.insidercarnews.com/americans-thirst-for-jeep-wranglers-may-be-quenched/

"There are a few theories. One is the price increase of the Wrangler JL is keeping buyers at bay. The $3,000-$4,000 jump surely pushes some shoppers away, who might go for the Compass, Cherokee, or even a non-Jeep SUV.

Another believable reason is the fact FCA has been pumping out more Jeep Wranglers than ever before. Sales of Wranglers are still strong, so perhaps the price increase isn’t really scaring shoppers away."

More speculation. Perhaps Jeep will be afraid of the 85,000 wranglers sitting on Dealer lots and be reasonable with the Gladiator pricing? lol

WHEN IS PRICING COMING!
AGAIN ? Apparently it's been leaked, here, Look for an APRIL Dump !

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i think they will sit in dealers yards over here to ,they are $10,000 dearer than the jk's they are trying to sell & with the 1 star safety rating many buyers will be going elsewhere
the jk or jl has a 1 star rating?

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the Europe safety rating according to the video. Here is a YouTube rant video by an Australian dude crying about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ahh, did some research, it got 1 star by euro test standards because of non standard equipment.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I don’t think many US buyers are concerned with, or even aware of a European safety test...

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
I don’t think many US buyers are concerned with, or even aware of a European safety test...
yeah i figured that but im sure it will effect international sales lucky for jeep there domestic market is there biggest

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn

WHEN IS PRICING COMING!
Jeep will simply cut back on production of the JL if dealer stock becomes too saturated. The fact is that Jeep sold nearly a quarter of a million JLs last year and broke Wrangler sales records every month, a trend that has continued into January of this year. Modern economics says you don't lower the profit margin on a high ticket "hard" item that sells well, you lower supply to match (or drive) demand. Individual dealers may offer better deals on stale inventory (as many have been matching "factory ordered pricing" there), but FCA has no incentive to lower their margins simply because dealers over-ordered their allotments.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep will simply cut back on production of the JL if dealer stock becomes too saturated. The fact is that Jeep sold nearly a quarter of a million JLs last year and broke Wrangler sales records every month, a trend that has continued into January of this year. Modern economics says you don't lower the profit margin on a high ticket "hard" item that sells well, you lower supply to match (or drive) demand. Individual dealers may offer better deals on stale inventory (as many have been matching "factory ordered pricing" there), but FCA has no incentive to lower their margins simply because dealers over-ordered their allotments.
Thanks for stomping on my hope the JT will be reasonable.

Sponsored

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 3.0 Prestige, 2016 Mercedes-Benz SL400,
I just saw the European crash test of the JLU on Youtube. As a father of small children in car seats, that shit was unnerving as hell to watch.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just saw the European crash test of the JLU on Youtube. As a father of small children in car seats, that shit was unnerving as hell to watch.
For rear occupant, yes it was pretty brutal. Get some roll bar padding?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

this starts at 1:20