First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Occupation
Retired
I will shortly take possession of a new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel.

To make it easier to enter I was looking at the AMP Research Power Step XL.

AMP informed me, that there electric running board is not compatible with the Gladiator Diesel and have no intention to come out with a Diesel compatible version in the future. No reason was given to me. Any one knows what the difference in the frame between the Gasoline and the Diesel model is.

Will I be facing the same issues with the Rock Slide steps? Thanks
Sponsored

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Look at Aries Action Track steps. Can't see where they would be an issue.

Michaelashan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
Yes, I just took delivery of mine. When I called asking, AMP was pretty nonchalant. Maybe they have been getting the request ALOT.

what about RPG steps?

UTRZRDOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Self Employed
Rock Slide Engineering steps work on the Eco without any problems. Easy install and they look great.

Michaelashan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
Rock Slide Engineering steps work on the Eco without any problems. Easy install and they look great.
Thanks for the update. To confirm, the 2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel?

Doesn’t say on their website....

Sponsored

OP
OP

Marcello

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the update. To confirm, the 2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel?

Doesn’t say on their website....
I have an email from Rock Slide Engineering confirming there product to work on Gladiator Eco Diesel

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Thanks - I ordered mine today. Thanks for the info!
Did you find a Black Friday deal by chance? My JTSSD is on order and after 5 years of hopping in my JKU I'm ready for these!

Michaelashan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
Did you find a Black Friday deal by chance? My JTSSD is on order and after 5 years of hopping in my JKU I'm ready for these!
Not really - But, RubiTrux is giving an online $150 gift card to use on future purchases from them if you purchase by 11/30/20.

https://www.rubitrux.com/

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
To add to this conversation...…. I just got off the phone with AMP. I was looking to do the same steps for my Diesel, they said the same thing to me but elaborated that the diesel and turbo get very hot underneath and melt the harness and components. They said there have been two people that installed these on their 2021 Gladiator Diesels and they both caught on fire and burned to the ground. They also said they have 0 plans on making any to work with the Diesels in the future.

Sponsored

UTRZRDOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Self Employed
Purchase the Rock Slide steps and be done with it. They work great and the customer service is fantastic. Easy install and no tapping into the stock harness. You will not be sorry!

Michaelashan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
To add to this conversation...…. I just got off the phone with AMP. I was looking to do the same steps for my Diesel, they said the same thing to me but elaborated that the diesel and turbo get very hot underneath and melt the harness and components. They said there have been two people that installed these on their 2021 Gladiator Diesels and they both caught on fire and burned to the ground. They also said they have 0 plans on making any to work with the Diesels in the future.
Thanks for your update. I went with Rockslide Engineering - will have them installed thia Friday. RSE had way better customer service anyway.

AMP basically understands that diesels will only make up 10-15% of Gladiators - so, probably not worth their investment.

Will let everyone know how the RSE’s work out.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I will shortly take possession of a new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel.

To make it easier to enter I was looking at the AMP Research Power Step XL.

AMP informed me, that there electric running board is not compatible with the Gladiator Diesel and have no intention to come out with a Diesel compatible version in the future. No reason was given to me. Any one knows what the difference in the frame between the Gasoline and the Diesel model is.

Will I be facing the same issues with the Rock Slide steps? Thanks
I called amp yesterday asking about wiring. THey did cut me off real short when they asked if I have a diesel truck.. The guy did state that a couple ppl have had fires due to the extreme temps from engine compartment.
I stated that I have added addition thermal wrap to the harness and that I am a electrical contractor, dealing with cabling of all sorts residential and industrial.. still cut me off, stated its a liability for them... I get it, lawsuits must be in the works!
I dont plan on removing them from my truck. I wrapped my cabling with heat shield and routed my cabling on the outside of the factory harness(which in theory would protect the cabling for the extreme temp) near the turbo, engine compartment and exhaust system..
Sponsored

Last edited: