Sponsored

Analysis Paralysis

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I've read articles and posts until my eyes are crossed and am asking for any assistance. I have a Sport S Max Tow and plan for 37x13.50r20s. The issue I am having is choosing a lift. Will be a DD that sees beach days. No off-roading planned. Previously had a 09 JK2dr Sport 6spd with 3.21 gears that ran 35s on a TF 2.5" coil lift. for the Gladiator I am perfectly fine with a spacer lift, but the only one that is readily available that I can find is the Daystar and Iron Rock Offroad (IRO). The daystar seems to have mixed reviews (poly bushings on the LCA, seamed sleeves). The IRO doesn't come with swaybar end links, spacers only. I can't fathom that being ok or advisable. The other kits I have looked at but would be waiting weeks to months for are Rubicon Express, AEV, Ready Lift and Rough Country.
Sponsored

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
I called the dealer yesterday and requested pricing on the Mopar lift. He gave me an option for the Mopar spacer lift and even had it in stock. I don't know anything about it. Maybe an option for you.

OP
OP

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the dealer yesterday and requested pricing on the Mopar lift. He gave me an option for the Mopar spacer lift and even had it in stock. I don't know anything about it. Maybe an option for you.
Didn't know they had a spacer lift. Will look into it!! Thanks.

Additionally, if I end up waiting on one of the backordered kits, I'm hoping to wait for a Black Friday deal.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
IMO if you don't plan on taking it off road, it's hard to beat a Mopar lift that maintains the warranty. I don't think the spacer lift is going to give you enough to clear 37s without Rubicon fenders.

OP
OP

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO if you don't plan on taking it off road, it's hard to beat a Mopar lift that maintains the warranty. I don't think the spacer lift is going to give you enough to clear 37s without Rubicon fenders.
The Mopar lift is 2” and the spacer lifts are 2.5”. How would the Mopar lift clear and spacer lift not?

Sponsored

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on what height you want as well. I know you said beach days, and if you are okay with low center of gravity look/feel, then I would do a 2.5" lift up front and 1" in the rear. I run a Skyjacker 2.5/1.5 long travel kit and have plenty of room for 37s in articulation. If you don't need articulation, you might even be able to go a little smaller lift.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Oh when I read spacer lift, I typically think of what is typically an inch or two in front and a negative split in the rear to just level the truck... I don't know if those will give enough clearance for 37s in the rear so I would be sure to check.

Either way at 2.5" I'd make sure you're getting LCAs.

OP
OP

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all depends on what height you want as well. I know you said beach days, and if you are okay with low center of gravity look/feel, then I would do a 2.5" lift up front and 1" in the rear. I run a Skyjacker 2.5/1.5 long travel kit and have plenty of room for 37s in articulation. If you don't need articulation, you might even be able to go a little smaller lift.
Don’t want the stuffed look but not a fan of the gapped look you get with 6” lift on 35s. The 2-4” range is optimal, aesthetically, for 37s, IMHO. If the RC 3.5” kit wasn’t back ordered everywhere, I wouldn’t be in this predicament. Should probably just do the mature, adult thing and wait. But even that kit doesn’t come with LCAs

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
The Mopar lift is 2” and the spacer lifts are 2.5”. How would the Mopar lift clear and spacer lift not?
the mopar lift turns into a lot more than 2” on sports

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I suggest you buy the bushwhacker flat fender flares and drive it on the stock suspension with 37s itll be fine

Sponsored

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
You should be able to find an AEV spacer lift in stock but it’s advertised at 35s for Sports and 37s for Rubicons.

I went with the Rancho leveling kit with springs and shocks but I’m only planning for 35s. I do like the lift and ride though!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
IMO... spacers are not good when you go over 2” On the JL/jt platform. It throws your geometry out of wack and your daily driving suffers.
Good luck

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Don’t want the stuffed look but not a fan of the gapped look you get with 6” lift on 35s. The 2-4” range is optimal, aesthetically, for 37s, IMHO. If the RC 3.5” kit wasn’t back ordered everywhere, I wouldn’t be in this predicament. Should probably just do the mature, adult thing and wait. But even that kit doesn’t come with LCAs
Clayton 3.5 is perfect for 37s

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Go for the daystar. with 12.5, 37" S your only lifting it for looks anyway . ( warning, put a coat of beadliner spray paint on their control arms ) they dont like salt .
Sponsored