Sponsored

Android Auto screen mirroring functionality any good?

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I have a JTRD coming in with the 8.4" 4C Uconnect. I am debating whether to get a radar detector like the Valentine One Gen 2 and use JVB1 like shown here:

My question is how well does Android Auto work on the Uconnect for displaying stuff like JVB1 on the screen?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Android Auto features work well. The phone app has to be Android Auto compatible to get it to display on the Uconnect screen.

OP
OP
Zybane

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
The Android Auto features work well. The phone app has to be Android Auto compatible to get it to display on the Uconnect screen.
Ah thank you, I was wondering why some apps appear on the 8.4" using Android Auto but not others.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Is there a a way to slave the 8.4 to the Android phone screen regardless of which app is being used?

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I usually don't have problems keeping up with traffic, but speeding in the JT seems to be pretty scary to me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty easy to find which apps currently work - just ask Google!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3001303_android_auto_all?clp=CioKKAoicHJvbW90aW9uXzMwMDEzMDNfYW5kcm9pZF9hdXRvX2FsbBBKGAM=:S:ANO1ljJlMQY&gsr=CiwKKgooCiJwcm9tb3Rpb25fMzAwMTMwM19hbmRyb2lkX2F1dG9fYWxsEEoYAw==:S:ANO1ljI365M&hl=en_US&gl=US

https://oneandroid.net/all-the-apps-you-can-use-in-android-auto-complete-guide/44

Almost all are entertainment, mapping, music, and social mediocre apps. (like I need or want MORE stations or social mediocre apps. Yeah, REALLY critical to keep up with fakebook, twitterdumb and instacrap while I'm driving. The world will end if I miss a lame social mediocre post)
Sponsored