Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's true as to reasons why it was traded in, and it does seem overall better to wait and order. Just trying to find a dealer seems to be the issue for that route.

I wish I had another vehicle to trade as that would certainly push me to do it. I do not plan on paying over sticker either, so I don't mind waiting.

I did find another new 2021 JTR at a local dealer with everything I want minus LEDs and trail camera for $55k. That could be pretty temping, at that price, right?
It depends a lot on your geographical area. I paid 52 for a JTR with led, 7ā€ radio, advanced safety package, cold weather package, leather etc. mine is unpainted hard top. The major things mine doesnā€™t have are 8.4 radio, trail cam, bed power outlet, and paint matched top/fenders. Other than that itā€™s a loaded rubicon.
Sponsored

vrael

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing & Content Creation
Local dealers vary like crazy. After wading through the whole, "we need you in person to get solid numbers" spiel, mine ended up quoting me about 7k more than Gupton. I asked if they could compete and after they tried telling me Gupton would have to have $2,000+ worth of admin fees and all other nonsense to make this deal possible for them, I got this response.

Good Morning Sir!​
Unfortunately we are not able to match those numbers on your Gladiator. In our region there are no rebates on the Gladiators so that is the lowest price we can offer you. If you do decide to still give us your business, I will say you will get 5 free oil changes for your Gladiator as well as preferred service through our service department for being a customer.​
Thanks and Drive Safe!​
I'll also say that communication with Gupton has been so much better and more transparent. Even if a local dealer agreed to match, I don't think I would have trusted their numbers after how hard it was to just get a quote. I think most of the common forum dealers will give you a similar experience. If you do pursue local, best of luck. There are some good ones out there, but they do seem rare.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
It would seem that dealers offering this are few and far between. There is Gupton in TN, then I believe there is one in PA, one in MD, and one in GA that are offering the below invoice pricing. I got 1% off for financing through them and 1% off for joining Tread Lightly which costs $100 and you have to do it in advance because there is a waiting period on it. Each percentage amounts to around $5-600 so if you don't want to join TL or go with their financing, it isn't a huge difference.
Another is TriCity in NC. Similar to Gupton, for orders Travis started at 5% below and then does 1% off for Tread Lightly and 1% for financing. Might be a bit closer if you're on the coast.

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Local dealers vary like crazy. After wading through the whole, "we need you in person to get solid numbers" spiel, mine ended up quoting me about 7k more than Gupton. I asked if they could compete and after they tried telling me Gupton would have to have $2,000+ worth of admin fees and all other nonsense to make this deal possible for them, I got this response.

Good Morning Sir!​
Unfortunately we are not able to match those numbers on your Gladiator. In our region there are no rebates on the Gladiators so that is the lowest price we can offer you. If you do decide to still give us your business, I will say you will get 5 free oil changes for your Gladiator as well as preferred service through our service department for being a customer.​
Thanks and Drive Safe!​
I'll also say that communication with Gupton has been so much better and more transparent. Even if a local dealer agreed to match, I don't think I would have trusted their numbers after how hard it was to just get a quote. I think most of the common forum dealers will give you a similar experience. If you do pursue local, best of luck. There are some good ones out there, but they do seem rare.
Do you have a good contact for someone there? I reached out to the MD dealer that could go as much as 6%, but it's never bad having multiple options and there both about equally as far away lol.

vrael

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing & Content Creation
Do you have a good contact for someone there? I reached out to the MD dealer that could go as much as 6%, but it's never bad having multiple options and there both about equally as far away lol.
[email protected] is who I emailed to start the process.

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Heading to Albany? There has been a number of buyers here that went with the Mall of Georgia and were really happy. I'm in MO but went with Travis at Tri-City in Eden NC.

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Another is TriCity in NC. Similar to Gupton, for orders Travis starts at 5% below and then does 1% off for Tread Lightly and 1% for financing. Might be a bit closer if you're on the coast.
My in-laws are on the coast of NC near Jacksonville. That would be great. Do you have a contact there?

I'm getting pumped to order one now lol. Y'all are awesome!

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Thanks for all the help, everyone. Got a quote and should be ordering in the next few days.

Only 1 last question...

Diesel or gas? (I know, I know)

This will be my daily. I doubt I'll go more than 35's for the foreseeable future, but I feel it's a better everyday feeling.

I will not be doing as much wheeling in coastal GA when I initially get there, but I'm sure I will as much as I can. Might tow a 4k pound travel trailer a dozen times a year.

Would the diesel be worth it?

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for all the help, everyone. Got a quote and should be ordering in the next few days.

Only 1 last question...

Diesel or gas? (I know, I know)

This will be my daily. I doubt I'll go more than 35's for the foreseeable future, but I feel it's a better everyday feeling.

I will not be doing as much wheeling in coastal GA when I initially get there, but I'm sure I will as much as I can. Might tow a 4k pound travel trailer a dozen times a year.

Would the diesel be worth it?
Did you read the other threads debating gas versus diesel?
Do a simple search here. Tons of lengthy threads with great feedback on the subject.

To give you my personal opinion, gas. I don't like the VM diesels, especially with all of the emissions complexity.

The engine is too heavy for this platform. It belongs in a Ram 1500.

People report reliability woes, overheating/ de-rating, and suspension bottoming out.

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
I have looked at a few threads but it's all over the place.

Negatives are "37+ go diesel otherwise stick with a gasser, DEF is a pain, it has overheating problems, bottoms out, etc."

Positives seem to say that it feels the best to drive because the JT is too heavy for the 3.6, hauls better (not more, but easier), MPG's are higher, torque, and so on.

While I understand those facts and opinions, it still leaves me on the fence. I know I don't need the diesel, but if the powerplant makes the JT feel more comfortable and compliment with daily driving over the 3.6, then perhaps it would be worth it.

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
I have looked at a few threads but it's all over the place.

Negatives are "37+ go diesel otherwise stick with a gasser, DEF is a pain, it has overheating problems, bottoms out, etc."

Positives seem to say that it feels the best to drive because the JT is too heavy for the 3.6, hauls better (not more, but easier), MPG's are higher, torque, and so on.

While I understand those facts and opinions, it still leaves me on the fence. I know I don't need the diesel, but if the powerplant makes the JT feel more comfortable and compliment with daily driving over the 3.6, then perhaps it would be worth it.
Sounds like you really need to drive them back to back. For me, the choice was a no-brainer, I got the diesel. But I like torque, driveability, and the sound of the engine. I bought the extended warranty and plan to keep this thing forever. Here in Canada, the diesel is a $9190 option (combined with the auto). It's a ridiculous price, but I love the 442ftlb of torque this thing has.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I don't think you will find too many who (at least openly admit) regret buying a diesel despite its odd flaws. That said, for what the option costs, you better be happy with it and the quirks that come with it.
Sponsored