Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
So I know there are SO many threads on lifts... hoping to maybe condense some info since I've already saved a bunch of posts but can't remember which post had what piece of info I wanted to save...

Anyway. Yesterday I went out with a few coworkers. With the new canopy (175 pounds) back loaded up with fishing gear (maybe 100 pounds?) and 4 people (maybe 660 pounds) the glad was probably at or near its max weight. It most certainly felt it. Going over bumps/dips on the highway around corners it really felt wobbly. Although I probably hit the bump stops a few times on the forest roads by accident, it didn't feel overly weighted other than on the highway. So... knowing I will be getting a RTT and kayak at some point hopefully soon, I certainly need a suspension setup. I will try hard this week, maybe today, to get measurements and post it here (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...out-rubi-suspension-height.59022/#post-969757) and hopefully compare with someone who can take measurements of a stock one.

As for the suspension upgrade I am not interested in running larger tires or a high vehicle - body issues so getting in/out easily is important. Originally I was interested in the MOPAR option as it would be factory covered, offer a tad more height, and generally be ok. But after reading more I am not sure that will work... It leaves adjustments to be desired and seems like some folks are not happy with the shocks. So, at the risk of voiding suspension warranties, I am considering options. I would hope folks could post some suggestions for components.

Icon - has a full 'kit' but is designed around factory unloaded weights - would require some type of airbag?

Clayton - does not include shocks for their 2.5, would need to outsource shocks. unsure what their spring rates are designed around

Icon - uses factory control arms (not adjustable???), HD spring rate, unsure what that translates to, would need to outsource shocks
Sponsored

Last edited: