Another softtopper !!!

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
I'm really curious to see if anyone has this - I've been on the fence re. a hard tonneau (rolling or tri-fold) vs. some sort of topper. I don't really want a hard cap. The Soft Topper is nice when you need it, but I'd probably run a tonneau 90% of the time. This is sort of best of both worlds if executed well.

OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
There are only few reviews, looks like topper is not the best, but tonneau cover is ok. In many cases I gonna use cover, topper only for camping. Concept is nice though, donā€™t know if it worth other brand money.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Solo, so topper only. Very happy with it. Holds up well. No wind noise. Founds these guys when bestop and softtopper were back ordered forever. Glad I did. Nice family business. Good product. I wasnā€™t interested in the combo. I either have the full topper up or an open bed for hauling tall stuff. Works great for the dog.
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 726D38DD-A14C-41D5-9ED1-F12B9361629F

azer

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Really like the 2 in 1 approach - years back I saw a hardtop tonneau that would pop up that would convert into shell - of course I cant find anything like it now that I actually want one.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I have the Solo, so topper only. Very happy with it. Holds up well. No wind noise. Founds these guys when bestop and softtopper were back ordered forever. Glad I did. Nice family business. Good product. I wasnā€™t interested in the combo. I either have the full topper up or an open bed for hauling tall stuff. Works great for the dog.
I didn't see an option for that. Did you need to call to get that setup? If so, what was the cost?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see an option for that. Did you need to call to get that setup? If so, what was the cost?
I think I was out the door around $800. They really push their combo product, but i didnā€™t think Iā€™d use the tonneau. I added a couple add-ons like mesh rear window for the dog in summer. But it was in that ballpark. Cheaper than the competition. I just dug up the Solo link.

https://www.fas-top.com/Fas-Top-Travel-Package-p/ftt05.htm

looks like price a bit higher, but on sale for $799. Iā€™m sure the travel package is great if you want the transformer, but I didnā€™t need it.

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
How sturdy is the velcro? It's the only reason I'm hesitating vs. the softopper that uses buttons for the sides.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How sturdy is the velcro? It's the only reason I'm hesitating vs. the softopper that uses buttons for the sides.
Itā€™s good Velcro. It hasnā€™t moved. The only complaint I have is that in extremely cold weather the zippers get a bit difficult. I havenā€™t seen the bestop version up close, but have not had complaints about quality with fas-top at all.

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Itā€™s good Velcro. It hasnā€™t moved. The only complaint I have is that in extremely cold weather the zippers get a bit difficult. I havenā€™t seen the bestop version up close, but have not had complaints about quality with fas-top at all.
How was turn around time with ordering? Seems like the softtoppers are very backordered/delayed.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How was turn around time with ordering? Seems like the softtoppers are very backordered/delayed.
They were fast. It was July, but I think a week or two tops. I would have blindly ordered bestop at the time, as Iā€™ve had good luck with other products on multiple Jeeps, but they were back ordered without eta. Softopper was the same. Endless back order. So I searched for an alternative and found these guys. All in all, no complaints. We needed something quickly for our dog, as we had traded our Cherokee, so didnā€™t want to wait. Nice family business where you recognize the people that answer the phone. They are working on a new mounting option that uses the mopar trail rails. I have them but the default install clamps interfere. I have the front rail on until they get me the new brackets.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
I just ordered the entire 2 in 1 Fas-top package. Excited to see if itā€™s going to fit my needs like I think it will. Will report back after install some initial use.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the entire 2 in 1 Fas-top package. Excited to see if itā€™s going to fit my needs like I think it will. Will report back after install some initial use.
Should be cool. Nice company to work with.

troopertrek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR; 20 VW Tiguan SEL R-Line; 06 Mustang GT
Question for anyone that owns oneā€¦ are these things roughly the same height from front to rear? They appear slightly shorter than the hard top at the frontā€¦ some pictures make it look like they slowly grow taller towards the rear of the truck.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Finally got my Fas-Top. Took about a month & a half from back order. I paid about $950 through Radco with a veteran discount. Installation was pretty simple although the instructions could have been better. Took me about 3 hours to install but Iā€™m slow and particular. Had to call tech support twice during install but they were very knowledgeable and friendly and answered my questions. Here are some pictures. I tried to catch all the possible options that this set-up is capable of. I ordered the mesh rear window, the zipper storage bag and a pack of 4 J-hooks. You will need these extra J-hooks if you plan to roll the sides up. Due to spacing issues in the bed rail mounts, I wasnā€™t able to fit the zipper storage bag in to my satisfaction so I removed it. Otherwise, I think Iā€™ll be happy with this set-up (for my needs). It takes a little practice to learn how to efficiently go back and forth with the multiple options this topper/tonneau is capable of but itā€™s not hard. Just spend an afternoon going back and forth through them all. Iā€™m impressed with the thought and detail of engineering put into this. Fit and finish is pretty good for the price point.
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 535DCDCE-C967-437A-9C88-EC429B33E1DA
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 6CE874DD-AD7A-40BD-A70C-4E7ACCB43374
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 3E7DAC94-8C81-4EA4-A155-0BDA23986A32
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 7C3B6E3C-0F13-45E3-91B3-480CC7005D24
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! C80DD42B-CA00-474D-BBCB-687D337B0731
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 8022CEB0-7617-4CB7-B1DE-06E834A71333
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 87791CEB-4D4A-458E-838F-4F3A2FE7A2E8
Jeep Gladiator Another softtopper !!! 1E57AD00-E8C5-4A0B-A10C-BB73D6908463
Sponsored

Last edited: