First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
dispatcher
I'm finally taking the plunge and wanted advice from people who have no skin in the game. I would like opinions on what i plan to do and I also have some questions on what's possible if i want to go another route now or in the future. So here is what I currently plan to add to my current system (no alpine, 7'' screen). I'm going with a best buy install due to warranty, possible future upgrades, and interest free financing for a year.

fox acoustics ported box - https://www.foxacoustics.com/products/jeep-jt-gladiator-1-10-vented-sub-box?variant=38107298332821
Kicker CompR 10'' - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...2-ohm-subwoofer-black/6450661.p?skuId=6450661
Kicker 400W Mono Amp - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...-pass-crossover-black/6333354.p?skuId=6333354
SSV Works 6.5'' kit with 2 kicker ks 6.5s for soundbar - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...lene-cones-pair-black/6406591.p?skuId=6406591
Kicker KS 3.5'' for dash - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...r-speakers-pair-black/6416028.p?skuId=6416028
Audio Control LC2i (already own) - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioc...r-with-accubass-black/5873400.p?skuId=5873400

So questions: Are there any issues with my planned setup?
Is there something I could tweek?
If i plan on getting a 4-channel amp for speakers later, is there anything above that would cause an issue?
If i do add another amp, do i need another LC2i or another piece of equipment?

I know I have more questions, just can't think of them. I appreciate any help. I'm somewhat of a novice with this stuff.
Sponsored

Jramos44

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
The set up should work just fine but if you plan on adding amps for the rest of the speakers you will want to use the Pac ap4-ch41.

OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dispatcher
The set up should work just fine but if you plan on adding amps for the rest of the speakers you will want to use the Pac ap4-ch41.
Thanks for reply. Yes, I decided to just by the 5-channel kicker 1200w and upgrade all the speakers. Will just get the PAC instead of the lc7i, because I've been told it makes the install a ton easier. Get my box next week, then I'm taking it all up to best buy for install.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Waiting for the weather to warm, I'm looking for a way to drop a 12" behind the seat on one side and 2 Xtant amps on the other. This way I can keep the storage under the seats. That would be the only issue, to me, I see.

Defiantly replace the factory speakers.

OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dispatcher
Got an idea for a box for a 12 behind the seat? I haven't seen a prefabricated one that would fit. I know there's a guy on the forum right now trying to make it happen, but not sure if he was successful.

Sponsored

Jramos44

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Man I did a lot of research trying to find a box that would fit behind the rear seat but no luck, I took measurements and looked around for a box that would fit but everything was ether too wide or to deep at the top. I decided on the fox acoustics single 10" ported box, I get it on Friday and will install my 5 channel amp this weekend ill let you know how it sounds.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dispatcher
Man I did a lot of research trying to find a box that would fit behind the rear seat but no luck, I took measurements and looked around for a box that would fit but everything was ether too wide or to deep at the top. I decided on the fox acoustics single 10" ported box, I get it on Friday and will install my 5 channel amp this weekend ill let you know how it sounds.
Same here. Please let me know. I'm not going in until next friday to get mine installed.

I tried the Kicker speakers in the dash, as well as a pair of JBL GX328, and much preferred the JBLs. Also, changing these speakers is simple, especially with the Metra adapters. I'd consider changing the dash speakers myself, depending on what Best Buy is charging.

Kevin
Where they amplified? I went with Kicker because i heard them at the store and I liked how they sounded, but they didn't have the JBL's to sample. I got them from Best Buy so I could save a couple hundred on install charges.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where they amplified? I went with Kicker because i heard them at the store and I liked how they sounded, but they didn't have the JBL's to sample. I got them from Best Buy so I could save a couple hundred on install charges.
I put a pair of the JBLs in the dash, and really liked the sound. I tried to put the same JBLs in the soundbar, but they wouldn't both fit, due to the position of the terminals. The one that did (sorta) fit sounded as good as the dash speakers. I went with the Kickers in the soundbar instead, and they don't sound as good as the JBL did...
They both sound better than the 2" tweeters that were in there, though.

Kevin

sizmtrz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU, 2021 JL Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Got an idea for a box for a 12 behind the seat? I haven't seen a prefabricated one that would fit. I know there's a guy on the forum right now trying to make it happen, but not sure if he was successful.
I havent taken delivery of mine yet so I cant measure, but Kicker has the solobaric 12 in a truck box thats gotta be really close to fitting. Found a couple others too.

Kicker 46TL7T122 Sealed 2-ohm enclosure with single square L7T Series 12" shallow-mount subwoofer at Crutchfield

JL Audio CS112TG-TW3 Sealed PowerWedge™ truck-style enclosure with one 12" TW3 subwoofer at Crutchfield

Pioneer TS-A3000LB Sealed enclosure with 12" subwoofer at Crutchfield

JL Audio CS113TG-TW5v2 Sealed PowerWedge™ truck-style enclosure with one 13.5" subwoofer at Crutchfield

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dispatcher
I put a pair of the JBLs in the dash, and really liked the sound. I tried to put the same JBLs in the soundbar, but they wouldn't both fit, due to the position of the terminals. The one that did (sorta) fit sounded as good as the dash speakers. I went with the Kickers in the soundbar instead, and they don't sound as good as the JBL did...
They both sound better than the 2" tweeters that were in there, though.

Kevin
Was your full system amplified? I just got mine back from bestbuy and the kickers in the dash are handling way too much bass. going to try and install some bass blockers and see if that fixes it.

OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dispatcher
The installer also said he wasn't able to fully hookup my 2 ohm, DVC Sub. He said i'd need to get the 4-ohm version of the sub in order to use the full 300 watt RMS. These are the specs on the Amp:

Power (watts/ch) 4 Ohm Mono Sub Ch
150x1
Power (watts/ch) 2 Ohm Mono Sub Ch
300x1

Does this make sense?

Jramos, do you know how much you're able to manipulate the frequency ranges to each channel with the Pac AmpPro? I know it's not a DSP, but it should be able to limit lower frequencies to the dash speakers shouldn't it?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was your full system amplified? I just got mine back from bestbuy and the kickers in the dash are handling way too much bass. going to try and install some bass blockers and see if that fixes it.
I have the stock 7" headunit, without the premium sound, so no external amplification.
I did add some bass-blockers to the JBLs on top of the dash, as they had a tendency to bottom out on strong bass. The kickers in the soundbar are fine, as far as the bass goes.

The installer also said he wasn't able to fully hookup my 2 ohm, DVC Sub. He said i'd need to get the 4-ohm version of the sub in order to use the full 300 watt RMS. These are the specs on the Amp:

Power (watts/ch) 4 Ohm Mono Sub Ch
150x1
Power (watts/ch) 2 Ohm Mono Sub Ch
300x1

Does this make sense?
Personally, I'd say your installer doesn't know what he's talking about.

Kevin

OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dispatcher
I have the stock 7" headunit, without the premium sound, so no external amplification.
I did add some bass-blockers to the JBLs on top of the dash, as they had a tendency to bottom out on strong bass. The kickers in the soundbar are fine, as far as the bass goes.

Personally, I'd say your installer doesn't know what he's talking about.

Kevin
Yeah, i kinda think so too. Last sub i had in the JL was a 10'' JLw1, way in the back and in an enclosed box. That thing hit really hard. While mine is hitting nicely, it's not nearly as nice. Frustrating...tried to save 400 and will probably have to bring it somewhere else anyway. I didn't think it was wishful thinking that best buy might actually know what they were doing.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
If you have a DVC sub with 2ohm voice coils, he's right. That sub can be 1 ohm or 4 ohm. To get to a 2ohm load with a DVC sub, you'll need 4ohm voice coils.

Click here to RTFM
Sponsored