Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if any of you use The Club or a steering wheel lock device or any other gadget/device to protect your JT when you park in places where car theft might be high?
It wouldn't help, other than a visual deterrent, since it can't be driven without the FOB in the cab. If they really want it, they'll just snatch it with a tow truck.

OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Yeah, I figured it would be a visual deterrent. I am just worried that I have to visit one of our client offices next week and my friend's SUV was stolen from the Marriott parking lot there when we visited last time LOL. I might just rent a car.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Perhaps borrow one with the steering issue?!

I hate thieves!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If they want something, they will take it. If they want anything out of it, they will get in and take it.
Like already said - what can they do? Can't even START it, let alone drive it away.
Almost any modern vehicle can't be started and driven away without something special. Even my Chevy had a special key so picking locks and trying simply resulted in alarms going off.
If you want a visual, then use something on the wheel. No one will ever be able to tell you if they work or not - unless they used one and their vehicle was stolen anyway.
Sort of like the vampire repellent - obviously it works. Haven't seen a vampire around here in years.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Best theft deterrent the is a manual transmission lol There are many stories of thieves being thwarted by the third pedal.:giggle:

aaxxel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla model 3
I was wondering if any of you use The Club or a steering wheel lock device or any other gadget/device to protect your JT when you park in places where car theft might be high?
My car has a perfect anti-theft system, and I hardly have to worry about theft. First of all, the car itself is equipped with an alarm system, which allows me in the immediate vicinity of the car to be aware that someone is trying to steal my car. Secondly, I hide a real-time GPS in the car. When I have to stay away from the car, I use it to monitor the location of the car.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Starting to feel like I'm being left behind by technology...but maybe this is how my wife always seems to know what I'm up to...so what'd you buy at _____ today???
She's just taking advantage of technology. ;)

I get real time push notifications on my phone when the credit cards are used. It gives the name of the business and the amount. I usually have the alert before I get the receipt.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I used to use the CLUB (bought in the 80s - still have it) when towing my Harley Trailer and Street Glide, it made me feel better...
Sponsored