Sponsored

Any experience with Oracle Sidetrak lights?

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
These lights are held in place with body tape. Does this last? Any experience with Oracle products would be appreciated.
Sponsored

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
i've had them on for 6 months and they work great. install was annoying b/c it was too hard for me to get the wiring through the firewall on the passenger side. I ended up extending the passenger side sidetrak wires to the driver's side and spliced them into the sidetrack wiring on the drivers side. getting the wires through the firewall on the driver's side is easy since there's a grommet you can go though.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
i've had them on for 6 months and they work great. install was annoying b/c it was too hard for me to get the wiring through the firewall on the passenger side. I ended up extending the passenger side sidetrak wires to the driver's side and spliced them into the sidetrack wiring on the drivers side. getting the wires through the firewall on the driver's side is easy since there's a grommet you can go though.
Thanks Brother.... At my age my installing is limited to writing a check, so I believe Santa will be bringing me these real soon.......

Saltine713

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon JT
Occupation
Legal
If you clean the surface properly, you should be fine. I am about to install mine and I am dreading the passenger firewall.

Sponsored

RockDoc

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT LE
These lights are held in place with body tape. Does this last? Any experience with Oracle products would be appreciated.
Installed mine 2 weeks ago. Still in place so far! I really like the lights, but that passenger side firewall was really rough to route through.
I have noticed a bit of a plastic vibration/ hum sound at highway speeds. Its either from the lights themselves and how they sit around the vent or it’s from the several missing plastic body panel pins that hold the inner fender liner in place. Those pins break so easily, even with the correct removal tools. Have yet to order replacements.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
They use VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive for durability! That thread linked above has many more user experiences with this product for you :like: Happy answer any other questions

Saltine713

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon JT
Occupation
Legal
Installed mine 2 weeks ago. Still in place so far! I really like the lights, but that passenger side firewall was really rough to route through.
I have noticed a bit of a plastic vibration/ hum sound at highway speeds. Its either from the lights themselves and how they sit around the vent or it’s from the several missing plastic body panel pins that hold the inner fender liner in place. Those pins break so easily, even with the correct removal tools. Have yet to order replacements.
How exactly did you route thru the passenger firewall? I cannot figure it out.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
How exactly did you route thru the passenger firewall? I cannot figure it out.
I know there is a firewall grommet on the passenger side you can go through. That's what I used per the Mopar instructions when I installed my AUX switches. Also said to grease the wires which I did and the harness slipped right through after making a small cut.
Sponsored