Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Many of us have seen the video on the new protocols FCA put in place to protect workers in the Coronavirus pandemic. We know that most workers returned on May 18. It was reported that Jeep expected production would be about half the rate prior to shutdown.

I have not seen anything on how things are going. I'm sure many of us would like to know how production is proceeding. Especially those of us who still have Gladiators on order.

Updated with info from @RatZer0

We're at maybe 70% potential after the first full week of three shifts at my plant. I can't imagine the Toledo Jeep plant being any better. There's more downtime at breaks and between shifts, like an hour of lost production just to facilitate distancing.
70% of full production before Covid. Can't provide actual numbers but just checked and the Jeep plant is at a similiar production situation, ie. roughly 70% with maybe +/- 10% variance daily.

Parts suppliers are also going through a ramp up as well, which could affect what each plant is capable of producing. Alot of moving parts getting a vehicle built, manpower, parts, weather & shipping, etc.
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Many of us have seen the video on the new protocols FCA put in place to protect workers in the Coronavirus pandemic. We know that most workers returned on May 18. It was reported that Jeep expected production would be about half the rate prior to shutdown.

I have not seen anything on how things are going. I'm sure many of us would like to know how production is proceeding. Especially those of us who still have Gladiators on order.
Good question, glad you asked that! @JeepCares can you chime in?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @tampahoosier and @DreamedofaJeepSomeday,

If you would like to check the build status of your Jeep Gladiator, we are happy to assist! Please send our team a private message with your VIN or VON to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
We're at maybe 70% potential after the first full week of three shifts at my plant. I can't imagine the Toledo Jeep plant being any better. There's more downtime at breaks and between shifts, like an hour of lost production just to facilitate distancing.

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thanks for chiming in. So do you mean 70% of the projected 50%?

Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Thanks for chiming in. So do you mean 70% of the projected 50%?
70% of full production before Covid. Can't provide actual numbers but just checked and the Jeep plant is at a similiar production situation, ie. roughly 70% with maybe +/- 10% variance daily.

Parts suppliers are also going through a ramp up as well, which could affect what each plant is capable of producing. Alot of moving parts getting a vehicle built, manpower, parts, weather & shipping, etc.

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
That is great news! 70 a lot better than 50.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I wonder if covid is going to affect factory bedliner wait times :)
There's a wait time with the factory installed bed liner?

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
There was when the gladiator first came out last year. I was just making a callback to that.
Mine took 10 days from frame May 22 to ship Monday with the bedliner and hard tonneau. Part of that delay was the holiday weekend and still in the ramp up of production. The other part was the bedliner.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to chime in on the bed liner and use @ciarraikerry build as an example. He followed his build pretty closely and was able to pretty much determine the delay times for the bed liner. I would hope thatā€™s not the case anymore as things have picked up and had a few weeks to normalize, but Iā€™m not going to hold my breath. Maybe someone on here with inside knowledge can shed some light on that part of the process.

Hey @RatZer0 thanks for chiming in with some good info man. Lots of us are waiting for builds, but we sure DO appreciate the work you guys are putting in. I imagine the job has become a bit more complicated because of the new protocols and doesnā€™t make things easier on any of you.