Sponsored

Any input on either of these steps?

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I think I have the hoop steps narrowed down to the RC steps or nfab steps. The predator pros were my number one at first but am concerned with the sharp edges and durability of them. Here’s pics of the rc and nfabs I’m looking at. They’re both around the same price, so that’s not an issue.

600DA017-34C1-47FA-9EAB-FE7D3722A441.jpeg

7D05F1B5-5D55-4992-AC8B-7D6128FBE164.jpeg
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
On the Canyon/Colorado, I think they’re the same damn steps. I had the RCs on my Canyon and my father has the N-Fabs on his Colorado. We were both happy with them.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
On the Canyon/Colorado, I think they’re the same damn steps. I had the RCs on my Canyon and my father has the N-Fabs on his Colorado. We were both happy with them.
Thanks. Do you know which ones might have the lower step?

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Not sure which was lower but I would assume they are very close to each other

I had the nfabs on mine and wasn't happy with them. Ending up selling them.
I found the step to be in an awkward spot, both in height and distance from the body.

Getting in the step was too high, not from the ground but not far enough from the cab. I would have to lower my into the seat like a sports car.

Exiting the vehicle was bad too. If I tried to use the step I'd be up over the cab again. And if I tried to step past it I'd always whack my ankle on it because it so far out from the body.

Steps should make it an easy fluid motion to enter/exit a vehicle. I'm my opinion the only ones the do this for a JT are the powered ones but they come with a huge price tag

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I have the Nfab on my JTR. Steps are always a compromise on a vehicle designed to go off-road. If they hang down too far, they hang up on rocks and logs. If they are too high, they are unusable. This is why the high priced electric ones are the best. I’m happy with the Nfabs. I have a couple of small spots where the powder coating chipped, but they are also coated and they show up as small shiny spots And are easy to touch up..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Not sure which was lower but I would assume they are very close to each other

I had the nfabs on mine and wasn't happy with them. Ending up selling them.
I found the step to be in an awkward spot, both in height and distance from the body.

Getting in the step was too high, not from the ground but not far enough from the cab. I would have to lower my into the seat like a sports car.

Exiting the vehicle was bad too. If I tried to use the step I'd be up over the cab again. And if I tried to step past it I'd always whack my ankle on it because it so far out from the body.

Steps should make it an easy fluid motion to enter/exit a vehicle. I'm my opinion the only ones the do this for a JT are the powered ones but they come with a huge price tag
This is the exact reason I took the stock running boards off my overland. So I figured hoop steps should be lower and more natural to use

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I would try to find someone local that has them and try them before you spend the money

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the Rough Country Nerf Bar Hoop Steps. They are on a Gladiator Sport S with Rubicon Take off Wheels\Tires. The top of the step sits at 16" off the ground. I find it very easy to get in and out of the drivers seat. Installed easy and feel solid and well constructed.

Jeep Gladiator Any input on either of these steps? RC1

Jeep Gladiator Any input on either of these steps? RC2

Jeep Gladiator Any input on either of these steps? RC3

Jeep Gladiator Any input on either of these steps? RC4

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I have the Rough Country Nerf Bar Hoop Steps. They are on a Gladiator Sport S with Rubicon Take off Wheels\Tires. The top of the step sits at 16" off the ground. I find it very easy to get in and out of the drivers seat. Installed easy and feel solid and well constructed.

They definitely look lower than my overland running boards. I think the only way to get a consistent measurement for the step height, would be to measure from the top of the step to something above it. I’d bet most jeeps are different heights from the ground.

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It is 7" from the base of the door opening to the top of the step. 23" from that same location to the ground. So what ever your height to the same location minus 7 should get you the step height on yours. (Pic for reference)

RC5.jpg

Sponsored

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
I have the nFabs - I don't use the step but my short wife and neighbor have used them without complaint. The fit is good and nFab's customer service is without equal. A misweld on one side was addressed by sending me a complete new set and having the old one picked up.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It is 7" from the base of the door opening to the top of the step. 23" from that same location to the ground. So what ever your height to the same location minus 7 should get you the step height on yours. (Pic for reference)

RC5.jpg
Wow. Thanks. I’m gonna have to slap on one of my running boards in place to see the difference. Appreciate ya.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland

RC5.jpg
Couldn’t wait. Slapped it on and measured real quick. You win. I only have 5”. That 2” difference may do the trick. Wonder what the predator pros come in at.

Jeep Gladiator Any input on either of these steps? A6082309-54D6-425E-8962-98E4C3D25C0D

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I have the nFabs - I don't use the step but my short wife and neighbor have used them without complaint. The fit is good and nFab's customer service is without equal. A misweld on one side was addressed by sending me a complete new set and having the old one picked up.
Anyway could you measure the step from the base of the door to top of step, like the above pics? If yours are lower, I may go with those.
Sponsored