Any reason not to buy a leftover 2020?

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
I'm seeing some incredibly great deals on 2020 Overlands now. I had a JT built just 11 months ago. It was a simple build...Gladiator Sport in Sting Grey with Max Tow and a Hard Top. That was pretty much it. That being said, I'm already getting the itch to move up and I'm a complete sucker for a great deal. In the pretty short term, I'm going to add a mild lift (between 2"-3") and run 37's. I also plan to tow an approximate 5k trailer. First order of business will be to re-gear to 4.56 or 4.88's. Read some great posts on here (thanks Golvach!) about some that have just made the jump and it really sounds like that's the way to go. The question is now......get a killer deal on a 2020 Overland knowing what we know about the steering gear? Or spend a lot more on another upper model 2021? Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like you got new vehicle fever.

Unless you are in a base sport with no power anything, I say stay in it and build on that.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't quite figured out how FCA incentivizes. When I bought my JT in December, I couldn't get a deal on a 2020 that I got on my 2021, and I really tried. If you've got the itch and can afford the swap, why not?

OP
OP
JTpoor

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Thanks for the replies. I guess the big question is: Does anyone know of there any tangible difference between the model years 2020 and 2021 Overland?
Sponsored