Sponsored

Any rumors about trims? Sahara? Rubicon? What is 'Premium'?

What model/trim would you buy, if it exists?

• Total voters

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
I know, there probably isn't anything out there or I would have found it in my searches but I figured I'd ask anyways. Do we have any rumors or guesses what trims we might see? I've seen some documentation that states "Standard" and "Premium" but I'm not sure what that actually means for a Jeep JT.

So, any thoughts, ideas, rumors or wild ass guesses?

Personally, if they put out a JT Gladiator Rubicon with a 3.0 Diesel (or better) I couldn't get to the dealership fast enough. First year model won't even phase me.

Just for fun, I added a survey. Not to be taken too seriously.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
If it’s going to be “intentionally expensive” I would say a Sahara and a Rubicon would definitely be there.... not so much the sport.

-Oso

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Rumor has it there's no true base model JT being released so my guess is a Sahara and Rubicon influenced trim levels. All we have seen so far are the two trim levels that are yet to be named so that is probably all were getting. I was thinking for sometime they would do a Trailhawk version to give the JT the off-road version while keeping the true Rubicon on a Wrangler. But then again they're both Wrangler based so maybe they'll carry it over to the JT. Essentially, nobody knows and were all speculating at this point but we can certainly daydream.

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
#daydreamallday #iwantmyjt

OP
OP

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
Rumor has it there's no true base model JT being released so my guess is a Sahara and Rubicon influenced trim levels. All we have seen so far are the two trim levels that are yet to be named so that is probably all were getting. I was thinking for sometime they would do a Trailhawk version to give the JT the off-road version while keeping the true Rubicon on a Wrangler. But then again they're both Wrangler based so maybe they'll carry it over to the JT. Essentially, nobody knows and were all speculating at this point but we can certainly daydream.
I had not realized there was a rumor that "no true base model" was being released. Rumor or not, that is interesting news to me. Thanks for the insight.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
If there was no base model, it wouldn't make much sense to refer to the Sahara and Rubicon model as 'Standard' and 'Premium' as the towing and capacity leak document did. The Rubi and Sahara are both 'premium' trim lines, which are geared to different uses.

Which one would you call 'standard'? Not the Rubi with it's RockTrack 4wd system, beefed up suspension, and 33" KO2s. Also probably not the Sahara with it's body colored trim, nice rims, and fancy-pants SelectTrac AWD-ish drive system.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
If there was no base model, it wouldn't make much sense to refer to the Sahara and Rubicon model as 'Standard' and 'Premium' as the towing and capacity leak document did. The Rubi and Sahara are both 'premium' trim lines, which are geared to different uses.

Which one would you call 'standard'? Not the Rubi with it's RockTrack 4wd system, beefed up suspension, and 33" KO2s. Also probably not the Sahara with it's body colored trim, nice rims, and fancy-pants SelectTrac AWD-ish drive system.
Well, by the powers of deduction and not adding any new models to the lineup, if they truly aren't going to be offering a low tier base model they'll either make the Sport S or Sahara as the Standard and the Rubicon the Premium offering. By others speculating "no true base model" doesnt mean they wont offer a Sport trim per-se, but instead probably not a JT with crank windows, a rubberized steering wheel, base uconnect stereo, and downgraded interior trim like the base JL Sport. They might bake the Sport S features into the Standard at a cost to all us and not allow for the option to pick and choose models and features like the Sport and Sport S offer. The same goes for those of us that can't afford the Premium variant and can't cut more off the price with getting a true base model like the JL Sport and removing the power convenience group. And by FCA stating they will be expensive, intentionally so, that would also lend to the notion they're only offering upscale models for the JT and if you want a true base model the JL/JLU is the only option. Again, this is all speculation from everyone tossing ideas around from the limited information we've received. Hope that helps.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Well, by the powers of deduction and not adding any new models to the lineup, if they truly aren't going to be offering a low tier base model they'll either make the Sport S or Sahara as the Standard and the Rubicon the Premium offering. By others speculating "no true base model" doesnt mean they wont offer a Sport trim per-se, but instead probably not a JT with crank windows, a rubberized steering wheel, base uconnect stereo, and downgraded interior trim like the base JL Sport. They might bake the Sport S features into the Standard at a cost to all us and not allow for the option to pick and choose models and features like the Sport and Sport S offer. The same goes for those of us that can't afford the Premium variant and can't cut more off the price with getting a true base model like the JL Sport and removing the power convenience group. And by FCA stating they will be expensive, intentionally so, that would also lend to the notion they're only offering upscale models for the JT and if you want a true base model the JL/JLU is the only option. Again, this is all speculation from everyone tossing ideas around from the limited information we've received. Hope that helps.
My point is that if there’s still going to be a ‘standard’ it won’t be called a Sahara. My guess is we get a ‘sport s’ equivalent with the base uconnect, cloth, and the standard 4WD system, with the ability to option in everything the Sahara has. Then we get a rubicon with 7”+ uconnect, better base options, and RockTrack.

The differing drivetrains and axles are the only thing that really explains the payload and towing differences between the two models.

OP
OP

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
The differing drivetrains and axles are the only thing that really explains the payload and towing differences between the two models.
Yeah, these numbers (if real) are very interesting. Since engines will be the same the only difference is suspension and drive. I do very much hope that "Premium" is the Rubicon, or at least some offroad specialized version. Call it whatever they want, I just want a "Rubicon" JT...

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yeah, these numbers (if real) are very interesting. Since engines will be the same the only difference is suspension and drive. I do very much hope that "Premium" is the Rubicon, or at least some offroad specialized version. Call it whatever they want, I just want a "Rubicon" JT...
Ditto, except I hope they do call it a Rubicon. Trailhawk just makes me think of cute-utes.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
My point is that if there’s still going to be a ‘standard’ it won’t be called a Sahara. My guess is we get a ‘sport s’ equivalent with the base uconnect, cloth, and the standard 4WD system, with the ability to option in everything the Sahara has. Then we get a rubicon with 7”+ uconnect, better base options, and RockTrack.

I don't think they'll be calling it a Sahara either, but as I mentioned it might be inspired by the Wrangler trim levels and take portions of the Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicon to make up the Standard and Premium trim levels. We can speculate forever but truth be told, nobody really knows anything for definite. It wouldn't be far fetched to reason that FCA added those two as mere placeholders and will have several designations within those two trim tiers to further align with the JL offerings. But I agree with everyone else, all I want is a Rubicon inspired JT and I'll be happy.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
JTR CRD

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
JTURDS
Jeep Truck Unlimited Rubicon Diesel Gladiator.
Regardless of the name, if it doesn't have the underpinnings of a Rubicon, I wouldn't be interested.
Well it wont have a exact Rubicon underpinning due to the Ram inspired rear suspension, but hopefully it follows that of the 2500 Powerwagon.

Last edited by a moderator:

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Well it wont have a exact Rubicon underpinning due to the Ram inspired rear suspension, but hopefully it follows that of the 2500 Powerwagon.
I want Rock-Trac in any Rubi-equivalent, not just any old 4WD system from a much larger truck.
Sponsored