Sponsored

Any SoCal Dealership recommendations?

lewma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2017 JK, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2018 FFR Cobra, 2019 C43 AMG
Hello everyone

Has anyone had a good deal recently from a SoCal dealership? I'm looking to build a 2021 Ecodiesel

Thanks!
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I donā€™t think Iā€™d go to bob baker in Carlsbad.
Our salesman was ok, wasnā€™t pushy and didnā€™t really seem overly loyal to the dealership.
Once we sat down to do paperwork they pulled every scummy old trick in the book. The manager or whoever it is comes and tries to hard sell you on a bunch of garbage. Ceramic seat spray for like $1000. He and original salesman keep switching and leaving, like they were taking turns wasting time. Classic wear you down so you just want to get out of there. We were there for hours.
Said the tread lightly discount didnā€™t count on rubicons, which to my knowledge is false (but donā€™t think dealers are required to honor it, so guess they donā€™t).
I missed the checklist and didnā€™t realize the Jeep toolkits were missing from both of the Jeeps we bought!:headbang:

to be fair, I think Jack Powell in Escondido was just as bad if not worse.
Neither the salesman nor the manager or whoever he got to help knew jack squat about the options or Jeeps in general. They seem to have a lot of inventory but didnā€™t have what we wanted to test drive (Sky One-touch roof on wrangler).

so instead they just tried to push what they had on the lot, which wasnā€™t even close.. and we left.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray Max Tow
I ordered my 2021 max tow from Rob Trachtman at Tuttle-Click Irvine based on recommendations here on the forum. So far so good.....just waiting for Jeep to build and ship already....

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@mx5red i had a different experience with Bob Baker in Carlsbad. They were upfront with me when I called because I went to 90% OC/IE Jeep dealerships, and only Bob Baker didnā€™t have any dealer installed items.

They did try to sell me added items but they told me that it was optional unlike other dealers. I had a great experience with my purchase from them.

Try Coastline if you want to special order.

Stay away from HBJeep and Hemet. OCauto also said they donā€™t have dealer installed items but I went to Carlsbad because they had the max tow i wanted in stock.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
@mx5red i had a different experience with Bob Baker in Carlsbad. They were upfront with me when I called because I went to 90% OC/IE Jeep dealerships, and only Bob Baker didnā€™t have any dealer installed items.

They did try to sell me added items but they told me that it was optional unlike other dealers. I had a great experience with my purchase from them.

Stay away from HBJeep and Hemet. OCauto also said they donā€™t have dealer installed items but I went to Carlsbad because they had the max tow i wanted in stock.
I could see that being true. I donā€™t remember all the line items but I donā€™t think there were any crazy charges.
I was there with my wife, who is like a total sucker. So having the manager hard sell us on ceramic seat coatings And alarms etc was not helpful to my final sales price!!

Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
The worst dealer was HBJeep. I purchased so many vehicles from them in the past. Dealer installed items are not optional to them anymore AND you cannot finance using your own finance company.

7.something is their starting apr without running a credit check...they can get it lower BUT youā€™ll have to purchase more dealer BS since ā€œthe bank prefers itā€.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
@RobTrachtman Rob Trachtman Rob Trachtman. Drive your ass up to, or over to, Irvine! He does 4% under invoice with a $85 FLAT doc fee. NOTHING ELSE. You do have to have an active tread lightly membership that is over 30 days old by the time you take delivery. Honestly, in California, he is the most HONEST car dealer I have ever worked with, out of 10 new car purchases over the last 12 years or so. The MOST honest. It sounds like he put me up to this, but he did not...thatā€™s how satisfied I was with the entire transaction.

Skip the BS..just order from him.

Also..chose to finance with them and qualified for 0 % for 36 months on a 2021 Mojave. The finance department did not try and pull anything over on me or push any extras.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link

Coastline is no longer the spot. The only reason Coastline was a deal was when Rob Trachtman was there. Now, Rob is at Tuttle-Click in Irvine and you can reach him in the Fleet department.

OP
OP

lewma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2017 JK, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2018 FFR Cobra, 2019 C43 AMG
thanks for the replies everyone.

I contacted Rob last night and started working with him.

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
thanks for the replies everyone.

I contacted Rob last night and started working with him.
I ordered through Rob as well on 10/22. Picked up on 12/03. Easy to work with and great price at 4% below invoice!

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Even though I'm in the OC, I bought mine from Browning CDJR in Norco and got a great deal. They were the only dealership in SoCal who could get me a Gator back in March.

I service my vehicle at Tuttle-Click Jeep in Tustin, but I haven't been impressed to be honest.

Sounds like things are working out with Rob, so that's good news...

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
@RobTrachtman Rob Trachtman Rob Trachtman. Drive your ass up to, or over to, Irvine! He does 4% under invoice with a $85 FLAT doc fee. NOTHING ELSE. You do have to have an active tread lightly membership that is over 30 days old by the time you take delivery. Honestly, in California, he is the most HONEST car dealer I have ever worked with, out of 10 new car purchases over the last 12 years or so. The MOST honest. It sounds like he put me up to this, but he did not...thatā€™s how satisfied I was with the entire transaction.

Skip the BS..just order from him.

Also..chose to finance with them and qualified for 0 % for 36 months on a 2021 Mojave. The finance department did not try and pull anything over on me or push any extras.
I bought my 2013 JKU from Rob Trachtman. It was a great deal. He was very easy to work with and I bought that jeep at the agreed upon over email pricing. No hidden charges.
I asked if he was there at HB when I was shopping for my Gladiator a few weeks back. They didn't know who he was and refused to give me a straightforward out the door price over email.
I ended up going with Dependable Jeep in Canoga. We agreed on a price and they got me the jeep I wanted the following day.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone

Has anyone had a good deal recently from a SoCal dealership? I'm looking to build a 2021 Ecodiesel

Thanks!
I purchased mine from san Diego Jeep, very easy transaction no hard sale on upsales just ordered my vehicle with the options and color I wanted with no delays or premiums

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Rob also.. I went to Cali to get mine from Rob.. flew into the airport Santa Ana and we finished the paperwork..

All by email up to the point of me walking in his trailer... never even took a deposit. Good peeps.. straight ahooter

2AC2EBE1-5DCB-49F7-86E4-2FA435053470.jpeg
Sponsored