Sponsored

Anybody had the horrible roll up bed cover replaced?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I have one of the generic clamp on ones, not a perfect fit but works well for $120

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
This is the loosest cover i have ever owned. Sags.....water pools.....leaks into bed.......flaps on the highway like crazy.
mine doesn’t leak or flap but it sure sags...wish it fit better/tighter.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
This is the loosest cover i have ever owned. Sags.....water pools.....leaks into bed.......flaps on the highway like crazy.
Are you sure you're getting it properly locked down? I find that I have to push pretty hard down on the fabric over the two latches to get it to lock into place. Mine does sag a small amount, but only when it's been rained on. And leaking is very minor--just at the tailgate--perhaps a cup of water after two days of almost continual drizzle. There was no flapping during my recent trip from OKC to Houston.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Mine sags with puddles when it rains and it sits, but, it does not leak, nor flap. I drove it in a down pour for 2 days with my luggage in the back and there were no leaks. You can also make an easy modification to lock down the last fold for better security. It involves a gate latch and eyelet screw - as articulated on this forum. I use it when I have to leave the truck with stuff in the back.

Sponsored

First Name
Spin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1947 CJ-2A, 2020 JTR MT, 1934 Huppmobile 421J,
Occupation
Welder
A cross wind ripped mine off, broke one of the latches and bent both bed rails in the process... definitely going to need something better.

Bipolarbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE on order
Mine flaps violently at highway speeds and water pools between each support. I like the fabric quality but that is its only redeeming quality.

MRW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 JK8, 2015 JKUR, 1986 CJ7...........
Mine does not leak , or flap but it does sag in the rain. I am pleased with it overall.

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, BMW M2 Competition, MBZ 560 SL, Ducati 851, Ducati 900 SS
No leaking, sagging or flapping with mine. Locks down well when closed and Jeep is locked.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No leaking, sagging or flapping with mine. Locks down well when closed and Jeep is locked.
Agreed - this is the first one I've owned that I've been able to actually WASH the truck and come out with a dry bed.
It sags a bit and does pool a bit of water but overall I'm ok with it.
No flapping, had trouble with left side sticking up or actually straight out when I got it - I rolled it up and then back a couple of times and worked it by pressing the left side down as I rolled it back to the tail gate and now it lays pretty nice. It does seal - drove through wind-driven rain all of Saturday and the bed is dry in there.
Especially for the cost I'm good with it.
The best part - I can actually haul some longer pieces of lumber and have it stick up and out the back over the tailgate with the cover still back! With the more expensive one on my Chevy it was either all the way back and down and secured, or it was rolled up to the cab and secured. Haul an 8' or longer 2x4 and I had to roll the cover forward and secure it. Not with this one. I can merely flip up the back and let the stuff stick out.

Have to edit this as now I've found it DOES flop - the rear-most section was jumping like a kid on a pogo-stick the other day. Sagging is more than a bit now - almost as if it's gotten worse.
My wife said the cover was flopping or flapping pretty good and for the first time I could actually see the rear section jumping up and down. Bummer -

Last edited:

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Where the cover latches in the bed can be adjusted a bit, i had to loosen and raise them up so the cover could fully latch. Now it`s perfect and after two days of rain it`s nice and tight, the bed is dry and no water build up on the cover.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Where the cover latches in the bed can be adjusted a bit, i had to loosen and raise them up so the cover could fully latch. Now it`s perfect and after two days of rain it`s nice and tight, the bed is dry and no water build up on the cover.
I may have to look at that. Mine does "sag" a bit and some water does collect. Not bad but it could be more snug.

DavePaules129

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2014 Jeep Cherokee,
Occupation
Purchasing Coordinator
I found a Tyger Tri Fold on Amazon $209 and if you apply for their Credit Card they gave me $100 off so I got it for $109, Fits great, looks great, nice and tight.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
Are you sure you're getting it properly locked down? I find that I have to push pretty hard down on the fabric over the two latches to get it to lock into place. Mine does sag a small amount, but only when it's been rained on. And leaking is very minor--just at the tailgate--perhaps a cup of water after two days of almost continual drizzle. There was no flapping during my recent trip from OKC to Houston.
Mark, positive that it is locked down. I think it looks great just wish it was a little tighter. All in all...just nit picking and think that they could have done a slightly better job.
Sponsored