Sponsored

Anybody have Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac RT’s

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
I just got a set of these for my work truck, haven’t been installed yet.

They have the same old tread pattern but with a new sidewall and reinforced with Kevlar.

I couldn’t find many reviews on them on the internet, but they look stout. Depending how they ride I might grab a set for the Jeep.

Has anybody had any experience with them?
Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
My buddies duratracs are getting loud at 25k.

OP
OP
Gmac03

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
I currently have Duratracs on the work truck, 45k miles, overall it’s been a great tire. Yes a touch loud but nothing compared to the M/Ts that came stock on the Willy.

Was hoping these might ride better with the stiffer Kevlar sidewall and if they last 40k that’ll likely put me to my third HPFP.??

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
I currently have Duratracs on the work truck, 45k miles, overall it’s been a great tire. Yes a touch loud but nothing compared to the M/Ts that came stock on the Willy.

Was hoping these might ride better with the stiffer Kevlar sidewall and if they last 40k that’ll likely put me to my third HPFP.??
Yea the Firestones are much louder. Same with km3.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I just ordered a set of of these in 285/75/17s. I get them installed on Friday so i'll update over next weekend. I mainly got these because of the size and USAA members get 30% off right now with some good rebates. Some may say just go with 35s but this is my daily driver and I really didn't want to look into re-gearing...right now anyway.

More to follow...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gmac03

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
I’ve have them for a week or two on my work truck and they’re fantastic. The tread is the same but the 10 ply and stiffer sidewall is immediately noticeable.

I’m in the same boat with USAA so I’ll be snagging a pair.

OP
OP
Gmac03

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Snagged a set, 285/70/17, great looking tire, ride fantastic (37psi) but I’m coming from the stock mudders. Also fantastic price, 1100 with discount and $100 rebate. ?

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
The Duratrac RTs have a slightly different tread design. The voids are a little smaller. Probably will make them stay a little quiter as they wear compared to the original Duratracs.

Duratrac vs Duratrac RT.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gmac03

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
@Gmac03 they are a fantastic looking tire. Very rugged looking sidewall and they just fit the Gladiator. What's your opinion on them so far?
Extremely happy, moderate to low road noise, great handling, don’t ride like a ten ply. If they handle snow anything like past Duratracs did then they’re perfect for my weekly rips to the ski mountains. Can’t speak in durability but I’m certain they’ll outlast the stock mudders.