Anybody know a place in Florida where they hellcat swap the gladiator

Anthony.C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
I’m interested in hellcat swapping my gladiator and wanted to know if anyone had good information on it in Florida and if it’s a smart idea
Sponsored

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m interested in hellcat swapping my gladiator and wanted to know if anyone had good information on it in Florida and if it’s a smart idea
Don't know of any shops in your area, but my personal opinion, WHY WHY would you want to spend the 30K to 40K for what these swaps cost.

This is a Jeep off road vehicle, not a dragster... The great thing about a Jeep is you can do a lot of modifications, and the basically stock engine will do just find, and dependable.

And the irony is, there are a couple of Hellcat swaps out there and the Jeep isn't a heck of a lot faster..
It will burn your tires to the rims, but acceleration is not what you would think.. *13 second quarter mile.

You would NEVER recover a dime on resell for one of these swaps..

I'm cringing thinking about the guy with the Hellcat JT wanting to do a 6X6... LOL

I guess it's his money and everyone has a different idea of what's cool or exciting..

My 2 cents...

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Don't know of any shops in your area, but my personal opinion, WHY WHY would you want to spend the 30K to 40K for what these swaps cost.

This is a Jeep off road vehicle, not a dragster... The great thing about a Jeep is you can do a lot of modifications, and the basically stock engine will do just find, and dependable.

And the irony is, there are a couple of Hellcat swaps out there and the Jeep isn't a heck of a lot faster..
It will burn your tires to the rims, but acceleration is not what you would think.. *13 second quarter mile.

You would NEVER recover a dime on resell for one of these swaps..

I'm cringing thinking about the guy with the Hellcat JT wanting to do a 6X6... LOL

I guess it's his money and everyone has a different idea of what's cool or exciting..

My 2 cents...
And add insult to injury Jeep actually looked into a possible Hellcat motor option. It fits but the vehicle is not compliant to crash standards and not sellable by the manufacturer. So whoever does modify theirs will probably require a disclosure agreement by the company modifying your Jeep and at the end of the day most car dealers and others will pass on buying and selling this vehicle, And yeah theirs always some one with no brains who will but no thanks.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news...n-wrangler-and-gladiator-but-theres-a-problem

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Gonna ask....
WHY????
Gonna ask... why not?! "Smart idea"? Maybe maybe not, depends on what you are working with. May break the bank for most, but if you got the dough and love the platform. Dive in. Sell it? Why? Hellcat gladiator sounds like something you would hang on to.

Devil off shoulder....

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
5703FA44-C812-4DF4-8976-95806400E0CA.jpeg https://youtu.be/HY8QG8n1nEA
To each his own why why why why why would you do this it’s a Jeep LOL. Money better spent on an actual Hellcat, Supra, Mustang.....I mean why not have lots of fun cars instead of just one money pit:devil:
5FDAFDBB-92BC-41D6-BA95-6FFE726E44CA.jpeg
That’s quite an eclectic collection.
I do like it ....a lot!:rock:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Smart Idea? Hell no, but when has that stopped most people?

Seriously though, unless you are a Youtuber needing clicks destroying your drive axles, that kind of money can get you farther in more realistic mods before you run out of motor with the stock one.

Then again, seeing your from West Palm Beach, ridiculous is the norm down there for peoples rides.

OP
OP
Anthony.C

Anthony.C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Smart Idea? Hell no, but when has that stopped most people?

Seriously though, unless you are a Youtuber needing clicks destroying your drive axles, that kind of money can get you farther in more realistic mods before you run out of motor with the stock one.

Then again, seeing your from West Palm Beach, ridiculous is the norm down there for peoples rides.
Thanks that’s very true but I’m not considering it just wanted to know

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Definitely still would be slow...actually the hellcats in the challengers I see at the track get spanked all the time and the owners always look confused.....it's cause there heavy as hell....and the torque numbers aren't crazy like the hp number....torque is what you feel and what wins races....hp is what spins the motor at higher rpm and can get you to a higher top speed which is as useless in a gladiator as tits on a bull......just like racing what matters in the truck world when it comes to power is torque for towing and accelerating...and if your torque doesn't match the rest of your setup..have fun with that....want to improve performance chase torque not hp

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I understand a hemi swap if you’ve got a blown motor out of warranty but a hellcat or even worse a hellephant is just stupidity. If you just need more torque the diesel is right around the corner

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely still would be slow...actually the hellcats in the challengers I see at the track get spanked all the time and the owners always look confused.....it's cause there heavy as hell....and the torque numbers aren't crazy like the hp number....torque is what you feel and what wins races....hp is what spins the motor at higher rpm and can get you to a higher top speed which is as useless in a gladiator as tits on a bull......just like racing what matters in the truck world when it comes to power is torque for towing and accelerating...and if your torque doesn't match the rest of your setup..have fun with that....want to improve performance chase torque not hp
All relative... a hellcat jt would not be slow by any means! I don't think anyone is wanting to drag race one. The JT as it is indeed slow! It needs a little more pep for sure. I'm hoping someone can figure out a way to safely add more power to the stock engine though as there is no way that I would personally invest in a full engine swap.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand a hemi swap if you’ve got a blown motor out of warranty but a hellcat or even worse a hellephant is just stupidity. If you just need more torque the diesel is right around the corner
The youtube kid with the purple gladiator with a hellcat in it has a hellephant on order. I think someone said he is also making it into a 6x though. So just all the way over the top obviously. But I agree, hemi is plenty.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
All relative... a hellcat jt would not be slow by any means! I don't think anyone is wanting to drag race one. The JT as it is indeed slow! It needs a little more pep for sure. I'm hoping someone can figure out a way to safely add more power to the stock engine though as there is no way that I would personally invest in a full engine swap.
Throw a turbo on there ...That would definitely be the most bang for buck
Sponsored