Anybody know about base sport ordering?

Usmcxtreme03

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy z71, 1988 Ford centurion
So I started to place an order for a base sport, but was told that they aren’t available yet. Does anyone have a clue when that might happen? I work at another vehicle manufacturing facility and all of our models run through the process at the same time. I really don’t want to fork out more money when I prefer manual windows and door locks anyway.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So I started to place an order for a base sport, but was told that they aren’t available yet. Does anyone have a clue when that might happen? I work at another vehicle manufacturing facility and all of our models run through the process at the same time. I really don’t want to fork out more money when I prefer manual windows and door locks anyway.
Maybe the factory that makes the crank windows closed down because only Jeep was buying from them.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
By the time I found out what you could or could not order I ended up with a rubicon because what is a $4K difference really

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
JL had the same issue. Took a month or so before base models could be ordered. I just think it is FCA pumping out the higher margin models first to recoup as much money as they can on the initial launch excitement. I have followed the launch of a few redesign truck models from other makers over the years and they do the same thing in that base models are always the last to be able to order. They do the same also to fleet sales because of the lower margins.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Please keep us posted on your sport. One of my builds is a no tech badass jeep truck. I am still in love with the idea of rolling down my own window. What do I need a robot to do that for? This thing is loaded at a base level without all the B's that is going to break anyway - hope you love your JT!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Usmcxtreme03

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please keep us posted on your sport. One of my builds is a no tech badass jeep truck. I am still in love with the idea of rolling down my own window. What do I need a robot to do that for? This thing is loaded at a base level without all the B's that is going to break anyway - hope you love your JT!
I’m right there with you on the low tech side of things.

audiophil2

First Name
PHIL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ
I ordered a base sport on 4/26. I only have a VIN so far. Dealer told me 6-10 weeks when I ordered it but I am not holding my breath.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I went in to order a base Sport on 5/4, and the order system mandated that I add the customer preferred package 24s, which makes it a Sport S. Which I was fine with

OP
OP

Usmcxtreme03

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a base sport on 4/26. I only have a VIN so far. Dealer told me 6-10 weeks when I ordered it but I am not holding my breath.
I’ll have to ask around again since you were able to order. Either that or wait till gator green releases in September.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Anyone know if any base Sport models have been built, delivered to a dealership and sold to a customer? Talking about the base Sport model, not talking about the Sport S model.

Hello @JeepCares can you please advise about this? And what about the comment from user Hemi where Dean states that he would have to get preferred package 24S which would make it a Sport S model? When will Jeep start building base Sport models, again not the Sport S models. Thanks to advise/comment.

I went in to order a base Sport on 5/4, and the order system mandated that I add the customer preferred package 24s, which makes it a Sport S. Which I was fine with

Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Anyone know if any base Sport models have been built, delivered to a dealership and sold to a customer? Talking about the base Sport model, not talking about the Sport S model.

Hello @JeepCares can you please advise about this? And what about the comment from user Hemi where Dean states that he would have to get preferred package 24S which would make it a Sport S model? When will Jeep start building base Sport models, again not the Sport S models. Thanks to advise/comment.
I am trying to find out too, when can I order a base manual 23B

OP
OP

Usmcxtreme03

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am trying to find out too, when can I order a base manual 23B
I just gave up and ordered a sport S. I really didn’t want the power options, but no one would ever give me a response on when a base could be ordered. Why advertise a base model if you can’t actually get one?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @Usmcxtreme03 I thought that you could order a base Sport model with manual windows, mirrors and locks. Hey @JeepCares what is the deal here? Can base Sport models be ordered? If not then why can’t they be ordered? That’s what I plan to order. Please advise.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hello @JeepCares just a friendly reminder. I would really like to have your soonest reply comments. I just decided not to wait to see a Gobi or a Sting Grey Gladiator. I want to order today a silver base Sport model with manual windows, mirrors and locks. Can I get that ordered today? If not then why can’t I order it? You do show it as your base model truck. Please advise.

Hey @Usmcxtreme03 I thought that you could order a base Sport model with manual windows, mirrors and locks. Hey @JeepCares what is the deal here? Can base Sport models be ordered? If not then why can’t they be ordered? That’s what I plan to order. Please advise.

OP
OP

Usmcxtreme03

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked my dealer a few different times and it was always the same response that they weren’t releasing yet. I broke down and ordered a sport s last month, so I’ll be pissed off if that’s not true.
Sponsored