Sponsored

Anybody know what this tube in the bed is?

msoto333

First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Trans Manager
Some kind of electrical connector on the Gladiator bed. Maybe towing package equipment for the lights?
Jeep Gladiator Anybody know what this tube in the bed is? Jeep1
Jeep Gladiator Anybody know what this tube in the bed is? Jeep2
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I'd guess they are drains from the gutters of the hard tonneau cover
I don’t know how the Mopar one works, but every hard tonneau cover I’ve seen drained out the front in between the bed and the cab out of sight. I guess it’s possible, but IMO that’s a shitty install.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm no expert, but from what I've read on here, those look to be drain tubes for the hard tonneau cover gutters, like was mentioned a few posts up.

Sponsored

Gladiator_AJ

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Definitley drains for the tonneau. After I bought my Gladiator and was comparing MOPAR tonneau covers, I went with the soft tri fold because the hard tri fold required you to drill a hole into the front wall of the truck bed to install the drains... which I did not want to do.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Definitley drains for the tonneau. After I bought my Gladiator and was comparing MOPAR tonneau covers, I went with the soft tri fold because the hard tri fold required you to drill a hole into the front wall of the truck bed to install the drains... which I did not want to do.
The Gladiator has drain holes ready to go, used them with my Ultraflex hard folding tonneau cover, no drilling required

Last edited:

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Those hoses are drains for the tonneau cover channel like you said. There is a rubber grommet that the "line-x" over for the drain lines. You drill a hole through the plastic grommet to put those lines in. If your bed was not line-x, you would see those black plastic grommets that the drain hose goes in. Those look a little loose. You might want to tighten them up a little. They are press fit, and they just push out into the front to the bed. You can take them out, cut them a little and push them back in. Take a flashlight and look at the front of your bed. You will see them sticking out there.
PS. Those plastic grommets in the front of the bed are only a few dollars to replace.

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
The Gladiator has drain holes ready to go, used them with my Ultraflex hard folding tonneau cover, no drilling required
Yea my bed already has two holes in the side towards the back. The pic in the post doesn’t seem to have the same holes.

Sponsored

tedb

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland in Gobi
Yea my bed already has two holes in the side towards the back. The pic in the post doesn’t seem to have the same holes.
I have been checking out installation instructions for various tonneau covers in case I decide to purchase one. Almost all of them require drilling holes in the front of the bed to install the drain tubes. There are 2 plastic covers that are normally mentioned as ideal drilling spots. The beds do come equipped with other drains, but you probably would be defeating the purpose of the tonneau cover if you used those.

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
The beds do come equipped with other drains, but you probably would be defeating the purpose of the tonneau cover if you used those.
Like Shifu said, there are holes in the side next to the tie downs. Used them with my Rugged Ridge hard tri-fold cover. They work perfectly. I was about to drill through the plastic plugs when I noticed them. I thought, I wonder where those go. Pushed the tubes through and they came out right in front of the fender liner. Hosed it down, water ran harmlessly out the tube and down the outside of the liner. Now I just ordered truck in February and took delivery in March so I don’t know if everyone has them or if they are only on more recent builds.
Jeep Gladiator Anybody know what this tube in the bed is? image

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Like Shifu said, there are holes in the side next to the tie downs. Used them with my Rugged Ridge hard tri-fold cover. They work perfectly. I was about to drill through the plastic plugs when I noticed them. I thought, I wonder where those go. Pushed the tubes through and they came out right in front of the fender liner. Hosed it down, water ran harmlessly out the tube and down the outside of the liner. Now I just ordered truck in February and took delivery in March so I don’t know if everyone has them or if they are only on more recent builds.
image.jpg
Yes I have these holes in the side. Interesting that some of them don’t have these? Looks like the pic in the original post does have these side holes

Jeep Gladiator Anybody know what this tube in the bed is? 2F3EAA9C-66D7-46D3-A02D-82695ECCD26C

Jeep Gladiator Anybody know what this tube in the bed is? 4B577DD7-193C-4695-90E5-6C380A487686

machstell

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Computer Geek; Jeep Lover
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 Overland came with factory tonneau cover and these tubes/condit were never there. Maybe aftermarket, but not something associated with OEM tonneau soft try-fold cover. Kinda weird and I'm glad I didn't have to deal with them for my build project.
Sponsored