Sponsored

Anybody lightly optioning their JT

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So I have owned 8 jeeps-currently a 2014 JKU which will be traded for the JT if i pull the trigger. It seems many people are ordering loaded JT's or possibly its because initial offerings were built loaded. I'm planning on a lightly optioned rubicon without upgraded audio, leather , proximity etc to keep the price down..anyone else planning the same? Interested to hear thoughts-Thanks.
Sponsored

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
I'd love to do just that. I tried building all sorts of ways to keep the cost down. If I'm gonna buy another new jeep...at todays prices...I'm gonna have NAV and leather. But, all in was like 61K, and bare bones was 56K. I'm gonna start saving now to buy a nice used one or the final model year new when they give them away. 2030 maybe?

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
This was my thinking. Had a JKU x. Spent bunch of time and money doing mild upgrades. With the JT I'd rather keep it streetable and useable, my jk got annoying to drive long distances. Going Rubi with 6speed , soft rop, cold weather, 8.4 premium audio and tow. After below invoice pricing getting it at around $45k

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
This was my thinking. Had a JKU x. Spent bunch of time and money doing mild upgrades. With the JT I'd rather keep it streetable and useable, my jk got annoying to drive long distances. Going Rubi with 6speed , soft rop, cold weather, 8.4 premium audio and tow. After below invoice pricing getting it at around $45k
This is my goal as well - we shall see how well I do with that. LOL

I was unable to keep it as basic as yours, but sticking to the 6MT, cloth, unpainted fenders/roof put me a hair over $50k for my JTR with below invoice pricing.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’m ordering a somewhat lightly optioned Rubi.
Colored hard top
Auto
Leather are the major options and it lists for around 53K

I will be paying about 48-49K plus tt&l so that puts me about 11-12K below the ones that are blown out.

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Rubi
Auto
Cold weather
Premium soft top

46k and change, 3% below invoice.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I’m in a similar boat, trying to replace my JKUR with a JTR and keep the price reasonable for the budget. The comptroller has a specific set of options that keep nudging the price up and/or cannibalizing funds for creature comfort options. I’m willing to wait to see what the future holds pricing wise, they may be forced to walk the pricing back or offer deeper incentives based slow sales because of optimistic pricing projections.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered a JT rubicon 2 weeks ago with minimal options.... Aux switches, black hard top/fenders, bed liner, upgraded wheels, manual trans. If I could’ve gotten it with the shitty radio and manual locks/windows I would have. Dealership got me $300 over invoice. Last Jeep I owned was a 2004 Rubicon so this thing should ride like a dream. Skipped JKs all together

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I ordered a Sport S. With these options:

- Auto
- Bedliner
- Hard top
- Max Tow Package

That's pretty lightly optioned to me. I went with the bedliner because it's cheaper than the guy in town who does it; I am rural and don't have options for things. But in hindsight, my truck is in D status for a few weeks on bedlliner. Must be karma :)

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
Rubicon with
Aux switchs
Leather seats
Black hardtop
Trail cam
Bed liner
8.4 audio
Bed liner
Tow package

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
They really get you by requiring certain packages to get other ones. Invoice on my JTR with a lot of those creature comforts but no exterior options other than black hard top/mopar mesh bikini top my invoice comes just shy of 54K.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Rubicon with
Aux switchs
Leather seats
Black hardtop
Trail cam