Sponsored

Anybody try putting the S&B functional hood scoops on a Sport?

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Glazier
Has anyone done or is it possible to cut the hood of the sport to fit the S&B funtional hood scoop

Jeep Gladiator Anybody try putting the S&B functional hood scoops on a Sport? Screenshot_20210826-070702_Chrome
Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
@BuckSawLilandtheGoose That's too bad, I wanted them to do something. Like being able to move the air inlet up a couple of inches if ducted or if not ducted, just lower engine bay temps.
I like stuff where no cutting is required.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I got them to lower the temp in the engine bay. They do nothing for that. Temp is exactly the same driving fast, slow or parked. Makes no difference at all.
Dang, i was also in the camp of hoping they’d help. Especially since diesel fellas seem to be having engine temp problems.

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
The opening should face towards the windshield for proper extraction. These vents shown are farkles, nothing more. Those side vents aft of the wheel wells would be more affective if they were functional.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
It plainly says they won't fit the Sport.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Remember, 'more' air does not always equal better cooling. There is a ton of money and research that goes into engine bay air flow. Especially knowing that is an inherent problem with these, I am sure that Jeep is still working on improvements. Little things like winches, front skid plates, oil pan skids etc., can all make a huge difference by changing airflow.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Remember, 'more' air does not always equal better cooling. There is a ton of money and research that goes into engine bay air flow. Especially knowing that is an inherent problem with these, I am sure that Jeep is still working on improvements. Little things like winches, front skid plates, oil pan skids etc., can all make a huge difference by changing airflow.
Valid observation and I would add that some of that went in to designing the non-functional Rubicon and Mojave vents. At least the Rubi has the louvers correctly facing backwards. There is another vid showing around here what I proposed-strips of yarn taped to the hood. Back to basics with aeronautical design techniques.

Sponsored

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So kind of off subject but still in the same category (cutting up a sport hood) Do the hood louvers that Poision Spyder and other companies sell actually help? Id imagine they would help some but wasn't sure how much. Those might be a option for the Diesel guys that want to lower engine bay temps. Ive never used one nor have I had the need to. Just throwing that out there as a possible option?

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
So kind of off subject but still in the same category (cutting up a sport hood) Do the hood louvers that Poision Spyder and other companies sell actually help? Id imagine they would help some but wasn't sure how much. Those might be a option for the Diesel guys that want to lower engine bay temps. Ive never used one nor have I had the need to. Just throwing that out there as a possible option?
They do at 0-1 mph. At speed they won't do anything significant. A lot of XJs run louvers for overhearing problems, and lot of our desert govt cars have them installed for purposes of long idle times.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Anybody try putting the S&B functional hood scoops on a Sport? 20210822_191728

I dont got the functional cai scoops but I got the regular air scoops,didnt really buy them for the "ventilation"/function, simply more for looks and hey they might add some hp :CWL:

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
I dont got the functional cai scoops but I got the regular air scoops,didnt really buy them for the "ventilation"/function, simply more for looks and hey they might add some hp :CWL:
Definatley added some h.p. there!!
You could sneak some LED's in there too!
Sponsored