Sponsored

Anybody upgrade from the OEM Uconnect® 4 with 7.0" to the 8.4" from Infotainment.com

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Did it on my JL there is nothing to flash its all plug and play from the 7 to the 8.4 more of a pain going from the plain radio to the 8.4. Going from 7 to 8.4 took me 20 minutes to install and be done but you will never be able to software update it unless someone downloads the update for you and the dealer or Jeep will never add it to your build

If you buy one Im next to Sacramento Ill install it for you

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Did it on my JL there is nothing to flash its all plug and play from the 7 to the 8.4 more of a pain going from the plain radio to the 8.4. Going from 7 to 8.4 took me 20 minutes to install and be done but you will never be able to software update it unless someone downloads the update for you and the dealer or Jeep will never add it to your build

If you buy one Im next to Sacramento Ill install it for you
I can do the install my self, it's just a simple plug & play.

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
So I guess they ask for the VIN so they can unlock the deck.

Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Just a heads up, the 8.4 units from infotainment are bootleg and can not be updated. I have been going around with them for months with this issue. They outright lie and misrepresented this feature to me when I bought mine. Buyer beware.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Simply plug and play. Excellent quality and really good customer service, too. The only issue I had was that it takes the Jeep and the new Infotainment unit an hour or two to “sync” with one another so that everything works the way it should. As an example, my backup camera didn’t work at first — so I shut the Jeep off, went inside and watched a movie, and started the JT up after it was over. Everything worked perfectly after that. I think it just had to think for a while. The new unit is a really good upgrade, IMHO.

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Simply plug and play. Excellent quality and really good customer service, too. The only issue I had was that it takes the Jeep and the new Infotainment unit an hour or two to “sync” with one another so that everything works the way it should. As an example, my backup camera didn’t work at first — so I shut the Jeep off, went inside and watched a movie, and started the JT up after it was over. Everything worked perfectly after that. I think it just had to think for a while. The new unit is a really good upgrade, IMHO.
THANKS FOR THIS!!!

I was just about to send the unit back. Most of the install videos on YouTube neglect to mention that the new radio needs some time to sync up with your Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited: