Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone is an FCA employee here, more notably a sales person?

I’m in the process of being licensed to sell, and will be looking to get myself into a FCA dealership preferably. My big question is this, my Jeep was totalled last summer and been in rehab since, I’m just about at the point to start working again, and prior to my accident I was going down this career path. I have a vehicle for the time being, but how long do I need to wait to put in my own Gladiator order to take advantage of employee pricing ?

My concern is this, I want to get mine ordered as soon Gator is opened to order and a local dealership has given me a good deal below MSRP for what I want. If the time period to be allowed to order is in the time frame for employee discount falls within this time I’ll wait until I start working, if not then I’ll order from the dealer by me.

I’m looking for someone that actually works for a dealership that has this knowledge.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Dealership employee and FCA employee aren't one in the same, especially when it comes to discounts.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Dealership Sales people are not FCA employees. They are employees of the company that has a dealership franchise agreement with FCA to sell FCA vehicles.

I like hamburgers but I am not going to work at McDonald's in the hope of getting cheap hamburgers. Your motivations are misplaced and probably would be better served finding a dealership the deals in invoice and below invoice pricing that trying to work the back way into a cheaper vehicle purchase.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Dealership Sales people are not FCA employees. They are employees of the company that has a dealership franchise agreement with FCA to sell FCA vehicles.

I like hamburgers but I am not going to work at McDonald's in the hope of getting cheap hamburgers. Your motivations are misplaced and probably would be better served finding a dealership the deals in invoice and below invoice pricing that trying to work the back way into a cheaper vehicle purchase.

I was actually in the process of getting into this career path prior to even thinking about getting a Gladiator. It just happened that I was in a bad accident with my previous Jeep and my recovery time was longer than expected and now that I’m getting set to start working again, I’m also in the market for a replacement Jeep at the time the Gladiator is hitting the market.

So I’m just trying to gauge if there is any benefit of holding out on ordering until I start working at a Jeep dealership or not.

Btw we don’t seem to have any dealerships in Canada that advertise below invoice pricing that I can see.

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
I was actually in the process of getting into this career path prior to even thinking about getting a Gladiator. It just happened that I was in a bad accident with my previous Jeep and my recovery time was longer than expected and now that I’m getting set to start working again, I’m also in the market for a replacement Jeep at the time the Gladiator is hitting the market.

So I’m just trying to gauge if there is any benefit of holding out on ordering until I start working at a Jeep dealership or not.

Btw we don’t seem to have any dealerships in Canada that advertise below invoice pricing that I can see.
Hey JTRUBI,

I work for a CJDR dealership in Cincinnati, and I hopefully can help answer your question. My dealership is part of a large Auto group, that is technically considered a Chevy store. I can get Employee pricing at Chevrolet because my paycheck stub says Chevrolet on it. As for my own discount I qualify for DR or Dealership Reward pricing which is on the invoice plus any rebates. In order to generate one of those codes for DR pricing, you would have to be certified. Depending on the dealership, you might have to earn certification or you are given it from day one. Even though you can get that pricing, it would still be at your stores transgression to give you the discount. I wouldn't recommend to start and on day one ask for a discount on a Gladiator so you can buy one. Sell some cars, make the bosses happy, and they will make you happy in return.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey JTRUBI,

I work for a CJDR dealership in Cincinnati, and I hopefully can help answer your question. My dealership is part of a large Auto group, that is technically considered a Chevy store. I can get Employee pricing at Chevrolet because my paycheck stub says Chevrolet on it. As for my own discount I qualify for DR or Dealership Reward pricing which is on the invoice plus any rebates. In order to generate one of those codes for DR pricing, you would have to be certified. Depending on the dealership, you might have to earn certification or you are given it from day one. Even though you can get that pricing, it would still be at your stores transgression to give you the discount. I wouldn't recommend to start and on day one ask for a discount on a Gladiator so you can buy one. Sell some cars, make the bosses happy, and they will make you happy in return.
Thanks for your help. That’s actually what I was looking for. I wasn’t planning to put an order in until late summer (August) at earliest if the colour is even available at that time to order, so putting an order in on day one wouldn’t be something I’d be considering.

The main reason I was asking was my local dealer was willing to give me special pricing by putting a deposit on a preorder, and they gave me until the end of May to decide. Because I won’t be working for another month or so, I wanted to see if skipping this deal was in my interest if down the road would be something that would work with my timeline and be better. I just wasn’t sure if it might have been something they make you wait 6 months or a year for.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Sponsored