Sponsored

Anyone built a small deck for bed so you can sleep more comfortable above the wheel wells?

Bcd1222

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Occupation
Sales
I just got a tent for the back and curious if anyone has already built a few inch high platform for giving yourself a little bit more room for sleeping. I've got my two sons I plan to sleep back there with and all the inches matter. I probably could come up with something but thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance! And apologies if this thread already exists. I did a few searches and couldn't find anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bcd1222

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Occupation
Sales

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Follow the instructions in the Owners Manual to cut the support pieces for the bed, and then put in a couple sheets of plywood. It will give you a 4x8 platform to setup the tent and sleep on.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Quadratec has an air mattress that fits around the wheel wells of these trucks.
Same page that has the truck tent I bought.

Maybe one of those mattresses is something you were thinking about??

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rightline-gear-4x4/gladiator-truck-tent-gladiator-jt

I have this tent and considered one of the mattresses.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone built a small deck for bed so you can sleep more comfortable above the wheel wells? 20210910_191133_HDR
How do you like this tent? Have you had a chance to get a feel for the quality of it? I am thinking of getting something like this.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like this tent? Have you had a chance to get a feel for the quality of it? I am thinking of getting something like this.
I've set it up twice and used it once (one setup was to get a feel for how to set it up and work out any bugs)
It wasn't windy and it didn't rain so didn't get to test it in that way. Simple, quick setup - as long as you don't rush tightening the straps. Leave that for last and don't over do it.
The poles were too long - I saw a number of other "Reviews" stating same, so I took about an inch and a quarter off the end of each pole and that helped a LOT.
I'd say the quality is similar to another tent I bought several years ago. Not enough use and not enough real knowledge on tents to say much else about quality but so far I'm happy with it. I think it gets about 4.3 as far as reviews on Amazon. Most gripes are about fitment on specific trucks.

It did fit my truck with the tonneau cover rolled up - but - it was just SO easy to totally remove my tonneau cover and it fit a ton better that way. Ratchet, torx socket, 4 or 5 minutes to remove tonneau cover saved that much time putting the tent up and got a better fit.
Sponsored