Sponsored

Anyone "chopped" the Sport fenders?

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
From everything I have seen the max tow and rubicon fenders are different than the stock sport S ones. My front fenders do not appear to come apart. The rears look like they could be separated but I haven't looked too much into it.

The question I have is....has anyone "chopped" the sport fenders? I know this would take cutting the fenders instead of pulling them apart. If I cut them would I be able to use the chop kits to add the lights and such that the max tow and rubicons have?
Sponsored

BerardJT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
From everything I have seen the max tow and rubicon fenders are different than the stock sport S ones. My front fenders do not appear to come apart. The rears look like they could be separated but I haven't looked too much into it.

The question I have is....has anyone "chopped" the sport fenders? I know this would take cutting the fenders instead of pulling them apart. If I cut them would I be able to use the chop kits to add the lights and such that the max tow and rubicons have?
Hey Gerky18,

Just completed this last night on my white JT in order to get some better clearance. Its a bit more difficult than the max tow and rubicon fenders but it is possible. I purchased the rugged ridge fender chop kit and it works just fine. Will send pictures this afternoon when I finish up with the corner lights.

And the rugged ridge fender chop is available on Amazon so its nice being able top have it sent within a day or two.

- Justin

OP
OP
gerky18

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hey Gerky18,

Just completed this last night on my white JT in order to get some better clearance. Its a bit more difficult than the max tow and rubicon fenders but it is possible. I purchased the rugged ridge fender chop kit and it works just fine. Will send pictures this afternoon when I finish up with the corner lights.

And the rugged ridge fender chop is available on Amazon so its nice being able top have it sent within a day or two.

- Justin

I figured someone has had to of done this. I am interested to see how it turned out. I am sure the pictures will show but what did you think of the outcome?

BerardJT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So this is the finished product. Ended up finishing late at night so still haven’t taken some good pictures in the day but real happy with it.

Cut the fender with an air cut-off tool and then sanded down the edges. The bracket provides great support for the fender.

Picture below for reference. If you have any questions feel free to message me any time.

40A5E7FE-D7E1-42E4-92DA-A565FD00CDF4.jpeg

Attachments

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet looking rig! What lift and size tires?

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@BerardJT i was contemplating on getting Rubi fenders but u made my decision to keep my max tow fenders and get some AAL slim lights to do the fender cut.

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it! And its on 3.5in lift and 40x13.5x17
Nice to know that'll work! Thats the same size lift I have and my plan is to go to 40's after my 37's wear out. I have been looking at the AAL and Quake chop kits but can't make up my mind. I really like the RR Max Terrain fenders but they still haven't released any for the JT yet.

BerardJT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@BerardJT i was contemplating on getting Rubi fenders but u made my decision to keep my max tow fenders and get some AAL slim lights to do the fender cut.
Glad I could help! Till this day love the way it came out and have had no trouble wheeling with it. Its impressive how sturdy the bracket makes the fender after installation.

BerardJT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Nice to know that'll work! Thats the same size lift I have and my plan is to go to 40's after my 37's wear out. I have been looking at the AAL and Quake chop kits but can't make up my mind. I really like the RR Max Terrain fenders but they still haven't released any for the JT yet.
From what Ive heard the AAL lights don't exactly fit on the Sport Fenders, that's why i went with the rugged ridge brakcet but perhaps someone figured something out to make it work by now Lol

And I started on 37's and had no issues on the 3.5 in lift but when you go to 40's you will definitely have to do the fender chop. Rubbed a bunch whether I was turning into a parking space or making a u-turn. And if you have Rubicon rock rails you will have to trim them a bit so that the tire doesnt make contact because the rock rail extends a bit further than the body of the car in the front.
Sponsored