Sponsored

Anyone do the antibody testing yet?

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ive not heard good Feedback from my friends and family in the medical field, they are saying people that tested positive for the virus are coming back negative for the antibodies. Sounds like the tests are 50-60% accurate and a positive result doesnt mean you are immune just that your body has already fought the virus off.

ive been recalled to work as essential starting this week. I will be taking the train into NYC as I tried
Out the drive on Thursday and its just too far to do twice a day.

I booked an antibody test for tomorrow after work. Im 90% sure I got the virus on a business trip to San Fran in early Feb. I guess it would be nice to know if I actually had it and beat it...
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Ive not heard good Feedback from my friends and family in the medical field, they are saying people that tested positive for the virus are coming back negative for the antibodies. Sounds like the tests are 50-60% accurate and a positive result doesnt mean you are immune just that your body has already fought the virus off.

ive been recalled to work as essential starting this week. I will be taking the train into NYC as I tried
Out the drive on Thursday and its just too far to do twice a day.

I booked an antibody test for tomorrow after work. Im 90% sure I got the virus on a business trip to San Fran in early Feb. I guess it would be nice to know if I actually had it and beat it...
Thanks for the thread and keep us posted?

AnthonyC

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I had it done 2 days ago; took a vial of blood, waiting on the results.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I want to have it for curiosity.

In late October, my wife and I returned from a long weekend in the Indianapolis area for our anniversary. When we got home, I became ill. Started as a headache, then TERRIBLE sore throat, then chills/fever, and I never get a fever! After about a week, it went into horrible chest tightness and congestion. I hadn't been that sick in a long time.

Strep tests negative. Flu test negative. They didn't now what I had!

I ended up feeling better about seven weeks later, right before Christmas. I'd sure love to know what it was.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I want to have it for curiosity.

In late October, my wife and I returned from a long weekend in the Indianapolis area for our anniversary. When we got home, I became ill. Started as a headache, then TERRIBLE sore throat, then chills/fever, and I never get a fever! After about a week, it went into horrible chest tightness and congestion. I hadn't been that sick in a long time.

Strep tests negative. Flu test negative. They didn't now what I had!

I ended up feeling better about seven weeks later, right before Christmas. I'd sure love to know what it was.
Based on what the medical community is currently saying they think it wasn't in this country till January right now. Wouldn't be surprised though if testing starts to prove otherwise. My mom had something middle December that was just too similar to Covid-19

Sponsored

JESmith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The medical community is skeptical about the blood anti-body test for good reasons:

1. There has been no rigorous clinical trials of the test. (simply no time) You are essential taking a BETA version of the test.

2, Covid-19 is just a slight variation of other Covid viruses that have been circulating in the US population for the past 18 years. Can this test really differentiate between them?

3. There have been WAY too many false positives. There are situations where 90+% of a group of people have tested positive to the blood anti-body test but further testing showed that none had an actual active case of COVID-19.

My personal opinion is that the test is a good first test, but should not be construed as definitive proof.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
On item 3, it was my understanding that you can get corona virus (the virus itself) without developing COVID (the disease caused by the virus). This stuff changes daily and I've kind of lost interest, so maybe they changed their minds on that.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
There are several coronaviruses and there aren't vaccines for any of them. SARS was noticed in what, 2002? The common cold has been around forever. MERS was noticed in 2012. No vaccines for any of it.

Here in my state, we've had 27,400 cases of flu with 150+ deaths. Only a little over 4,000 cases of COVID with 200ish deaths though the "books are being cooked" on those numbers according to doctors. So the entire thing is a massive circus and economically we'll never recover.

OP
OP
UseThe4orce

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Got the blood drawn. I was the only person in the office. In and out in 5 mins and now waiting for the results.

ive not heard anything positive
About these blood tests.
I asked the nurse about the accuracy and she literally said “its a blood test so its extremely accurate”.....thats not what ive been hearing.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Faux news and Clinton News Network are dedicated to keeping you watching by scaring you with BS. If either is where you're hearing this, or the conspiracy nut sites, I'd ignore them. It's not great, but the people who I know directly who have experience in the field say it will be a great tool. Not THE tool, *a* tool.

OP
OP
UseThe4orce

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I heard it from my mom and aunts that are nurses. The hospital provided the tests to all of the nurses and none of them that we knew of came back positive including people who tested positive for having covid weeks before

OP
OP
UseThe4orce

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Faux news and Clinton News Network are dedicated to keeping you watching by scaring you with BS. If either is where you're hearing this, or the conspiracy nut sites, I'd ignore them. It's not great, but the people who I know directly who have experience in the field say it will be a great tool. Not THE tool, *a* tool.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone do the antibody testing yet? BA068B9D-1992-4D9B-8FDD-8B6B842727F3

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
This thread is one reason why I hang around you funny m'fers. Made my afternoon and thank you. I am not being political here so keep your shorts clean. IDGAF about the politics of this today. I just found it hilarious. Seriously, go back some years. You've just inherited your first big leadership group. And this guy provides the following updates during your first 45 days as a leader. We've all been there. Just watch, and remember, this is just during the first forty five days of reports this guy gives at one of your meetings....