• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

California Anyone else have ABS, TCS and cruise control warnings after upgrading rear 4340 axle shafts?

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
Hi all,

I put 37's on my Gladiator Rubicon and decided to re-gear to 4.88s. Best choice ever. While the shop was doing the re-gear, I bought
upgraded heavy duty Dana Spicer 4340 rear axle shafts since install would be free while doing the re-gear.

Upon picking up my Gladiator, I was told that my dash was now lit up like a Christmas tree with ABS, traction control, and cruise control
warning lights. The shop cleared the codes and they came right back. Cleared them again and test drove it for 10 miles. The ABS and TCS
lights went away but the adaptive cruise and cruise control lights were still on. When I tried turning on cruise or adaptive cruise control, I received
a "service cruise control" message on the dash.

I know that sometimes when changing sensors (like new tone rings on new axle shafts), the computer needs a few on/off cycles and some
time before everything syncs back up.

So I decided to drive it the 60 miles home from the shop. Stopping twice for errands to see if adding some miles and on/off cycles would help.

After the second stop, all lights were gone and cruise control function returned to normal.

I was wondering if anyone else had upgraded rear axle shafts and have had the same "break in" period errors like I did? She is running fine and all
is still working perfectly.

By the way, if you want 37's on upgraded/heavier rims on your Rubicon, 4.88s are the perfect gear ratio. It drove better than stock. Same RPM at 65 mph
and no more constantly downshifting to 7th and 6th gear on the freeway.

Thoughts, input?
Sponsored