Sponsored

Anyone else notice their bed is not centered?

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Had my jeep for over a month now, so many issues. Noticed today that my bed cab is not centered and also slightly tilted and pushed towards the drivers side. Anyone else notice their bes cap not centered on their frame? Quality control seems like it is none existing.

My issues so far include:
-Frame is damaged and rusted (having to spend the weekend painting)
- driver rear suspension has sagged/dropped over an inch (dealer is telling its within spec). So my Mojave is no longer what jeep states is "2 inches" tall on that corner of my gladiator.
- fox shocks reservoir bolts rusted
- came with a cigarette package and not the AC outlet (none smoker)
- speaker sound bar had a large riddle, ended up having screws that were not I stalled sitting in it
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Mine is like this too. By maybe half an inch or less. To me its noticable. I am willing to bet a lot of people have the same situation but not a lot look hard enough to notice.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
The bed has some tolerance when it's installed on the frame. This means you can get some small amount of "uncentered", which isn't necessarily a problem, but also means that it could possibly be adjusted on the frame if it's bad enough.

How far out is it? Do you have some photos or measurements?

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Here is a photo of mine. Taken from the same spot on either side. I am willing to bet the OP is the same

Jeep Gladiator Anyone else notice their bed is not centered? 948D0DA0-6427-456C-A67B-8187D5B9EED8

Jeep Gladiator Anyone else notice their bed is not centered? CBA402A1-46E9-49FA-BCD6-E0AF27DD982F

The pics make it look worse. Its about 1/4 - 1/2 inch difference between the two sides

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I don’t notice the shift left or right (will look closer now) but I noticed the gap between the back of the cab and the front of the bed is different side to side, on one side there is more of a space between the cab and the rubber gasket, like the bed is rotated a little.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr.volleyball13

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
I don’t notice the shift left or right (will look closer now) but I noticed the gap between the back of the cab and the front of the bed is different side to side, on one side there is more of a space between the cab and the rubber gasket, like the bed is rotated a little.
That is how I noticed mine. The rubber gab on my driver's side is much larger than my passenger side. I can stick my finger between the rubber and cab on my driver side and there is no gap on the passenger side. I will take a picture of both sides tomorrow to compare, but this is my drivers side.

20220923_160545.jpg

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Wow. Yours looks like its shifted way more than mine. Take a picture from the back end like I did. Or from overhead, so that you can compare how the two sides are different. I can understand mine...eventhough it bothers the ever living crap out of me. but yours seems to be excessive

OP
OP
Mr.volleyball13

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Wow. Yours looks like its shifted way more than mine. Take a picture from the back end like I did. Or from overhead, so that you can compare how the two sides are different. I can understand mine...eventhough it bothers the ever living crap out of me. but yours seems to be excessive
I will try and take a picture tomorrow from both sides to help compare. Definitely bothers me quite a bit, not what I'm expect after the money I paid for this.
Sponsored