Sponsored

Anyone Else Really Like Looking at Your Parked Rig?

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I find myself admiring my JT(like I did with my JK) . Really enjoy admiring the lines, stance, overall "jeepness".
Anyone else have this experience?
Let me just answer for everyone, and say yes. There you go- this thread is now closed. Everyone can go back and look at your Gladiator now.
LOL. I literally just came back into the house from having a smoke while I was staring at the new girl!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Bought my girl in August... still enjoy looking at her in my driveway... of course I also enjoy driving her so much that I take the long way to work everyday just to enjoy the ride.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not the only one - I dropped it off early this AM at the dealership to have the final stuff like undercoating done. I went back to pick it up this afternoon and the sales guy said "yeah, I was out walking around your truck and looking at it". He loves the color and the fact my wife insisted on body color roof and fenders. So even he likes looking at it. They had it parked right outside one of their main entrances.
And driving it - now when my wife wants something in town - I volunteer to go get it and I make sure I don't get everything in one trip.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Let me just answer for everyone, and say yes. There you go- this thread is now closed. Everyone can go back and look at your Gladiator now.
I haven't taken delivery yet, so the background on my computer rotates through Gladiator pics that I have taken off the forum... Turns out I stare at your Gladiators... :bandit::bandit::bandit:

I really do need my own - it has left the plant and is wondering the country on a train, it think.

Sponsored

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I'm not the only one - I dropped it off early this AM at the dealership to have the final stuff like undercoating done. I went back to pick it up this afternoon and the sales guy said "yeah, I was out walking around your truck and looking at it". He loves the color and the fact my wife insisted on body color roof and fenders. So even he likes looking at it. They had it parked right outside one of their main entrances.
And driving it - now when my wife wants something in town - I volunteer to go get it and I make sure I don't get everything in one trip.
Interested in undercoating - can you expand a bit? I take my truck on the beach pretty often for fishing and thought about putting a line-ex type undercoating but am told this could do more harm then good for accessing bolts, etc. Thanks.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
The owners aren't the only one. Can't tell you how many times I've looked outside while at lunch and see people walking around it. It's fun scaring them when I hit the remote start.
I put a CB in mine last week and running on scan I’ve find mine getting talked about quite a bit too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in undercoating - can you expand a bit? I take my truck on the beach pretty often for fishing and thought about putting a line-ex type undercoating but am told this could do more harm then good for accessing bolts, etc. Thanks.
I happen to have had dozens of vehicles with undercoating - some dealer applied, some later, and my Eagles were factory done as part of their rust-through warranty (back when cars made in the USA rotted badly)
My Ford truck (F250 4x4) didn't have it and within a few years the frame had flaking rust, the brake lines rusted from the outside -where normally brake lines rust from the INSIDE out (look great until they pop) mine rusted from the outside, the bottom of the cab was starting to show a bit of rust.
The Javelin I just sold had undercoating applied by the dealer. I can attest to how well it worked - the car was RUST FREE when I got it. It spend the first decades in PA, then went to KS then to MN and finally I bought it. When I redid all the suspension and steering and removed the undercoating yeah it meant I had to remove it from bolt heads and such but the drive shaft was even not rusted, the springs had the original part number stickers on them and all I had to do was remove the undercoating, clean them up and powder coat them, there really wasn't rust to remove. The floors - no rust. The frame channels (unibody car) - no rust.
My SX4 - rust free. Granted it was a CA car, but still - no rust.
I just go with the standard stuff. But it needs to be clean and DRY. Any water will be trapped. And drain holes must be left open - otherwise water gets trapped in the boxed areas. It also has the effect of a small amount of sound deadening because steel alone will tend to transmit vibrations while the undercoating on it helps to dampen it somewhat. (look inside the doors of some older cars and you'll see they often sprayed a tar like substance in there to help dampen vibrations of the door skins - it's not undercoating but is intended solely for that sound or vibration dampening effect. But don't count on undercoating to make the vehicle really quieter. It's just that it may have a similar effect to a small degree.
The package I got from the dealer also includes a 7 year, 70,000 miles rust warranty. In Iowa that's a big deal They put some of the nastiest stuff known to man on the roads here.
If I have to access bolts, with the standard undercoating, I clean it off the bolt heads, do my work, then have cans to cover them back up again.
I have never owned a vehicle where undercoating "did more harm than good". But I could see if they covered or plugged the factory drains, that sort of thing, but then I crawl under later and check all that and open things up if needed. when I bought my first new car, my 77 AMX, I even washed out the boxes areas with a garden hose nozzle. That car lasted for years and thousands of miles, no rust ever.

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland, 2011 e93M3
I don't have mine yet, but I think this is the case any time you buy a new vehicle that you've really been looking forward to. I've had my current M3 for 6 years now and I still look back at it when I park. I'll almost certainly do the same when my Gladiator arrives. I think it's a sign that you've purchased the right vehicle. If you don't want to look back at it when walking away why did you even buy it??
Sponsored