Sponsored

Anyone have any experience with Insane Audio?

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I just brought home my Jeep Gladiator Sport and loving the truck so far. My only complaint is the 5” radio group. I love the look of the Alpine X409 but for the price, the Insane Audio JL3001 has a lot of the same features for 1/3 of the price. It is not as ascetically appealing as the Alpine but for the price seems like a great option. This is my first Jeep and I have experience with Alpine but have never heard of Insane Audio. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions before I pull the trigger?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/insane-audio/head-unit-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

https://www.quadratec.com/p/alpine/x409-wra-jl-9in-dash-restyle-system-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I have it, I like it. I would buy again
My biggest complaint is there is no sat radio tuner...you have to use the app and that app is clunky and a pain..but this has nothing to do with insane Audio.

No real issues (had a couple minor ones at first but their support tech was able to straighten me out

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Thanks! It looks better than what I thought installed. I didn’t know you couldn’t have satellite radio either so I appreciate that info. I think this unit will be the way to go for sure.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
You can have it, just online only

And make sure your cell plan has hotspot/tethering included in your data

I'm glad I went with this over the 8.4 uconnect.

Sponsored

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
Big red- how do you adjust the volume? Steering wheel controls only?

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I use only the steering wheel
it does have an on screen control slider just like a phone but you have to tap an icon in the status bar to (or push
The steering wheel control) to access it. Which while driving is kind of difficult

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
Thanks!

Were you able to keep the OEM backup camera, and does it look pretty good? (Some if the alpine reviews say it seems degraded) Does it maintain the active gridlines?

Also, is there a method to program the AUX switches?

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Thanks!

Were you able to keep the OEM backup camera, and does it look pretty good? (Some if the alpine reviews say it seems degraded) Does it maintain the active gridlines?

Also, is there a method to program the AUX switches?
Yup, keeps the factory cam(both if you have the front too)
To me it still looks clear.
the glare seems worse at night (but it's actually the same) because now there's a bigger screen to fill the cab with light from the plate lights(does that make sense?)

As of now, it DOES NOT have support for programing aux switches, but if they are already programmed they will stay that way

They say the support is coming in a software update. But I'm not holding my breath honestly

JESmith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Does this have built-in GPS? Sattelite GPS thru the sat. antenna or just cellular GPS?

Sponsored

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
the logo "Insane Audio", is it lighted? what would the bes way to hide the logo? I think the Stereo Screen is awesome, but that logo, i dont like the "font" the used.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yes it(along with the hard buttons) lights up when you lights are on(or you can set it all the time. ) And you can set what ever color you want.

I didn't care for it at first but i dont even notice it anymore

IMG_20200114_163338.jpg

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
I have it, I like it. I would buy again
My biggest complaint is there is no sat radio tuner...you have to use the app and that app is clunky and a pain..but this has nothing to do with insane Audio.

No real issues (had a couple minor ones at first but their support tech was able to straighten me out
Did you use the existing xm antenna to connect to the IA radio? Nevermind, I see xm is only available online. Any issues with losing the phone hotspot or is it pretty reliable? I use xm for music and don't want to lose that.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Did you use the existing xm antenna to connect to the IA radio? Nevermind, I see xm is only available online. Any issues with losing the phone hotspot or is it pretty reliable? I use xm for music and don't want to lose that.
No issues at all with the hot spot connection. I do have an ongoing BT issue but they are working with me to figure it out..
It's more of an annoyance than a problem tho...some times it won't connect unless I reboot the unit
Sponsored