Sponsored

Anyone have ideas for a subwoofer under the seat box besides JL Audio?

Shon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
I’m wanting to put two tens under my rear seat. Anyone have any builds or ideas besides the JL Audio stealth box.
Sponsored

Nacho1103

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
I’m in the process of building a forward firing box under back seat. Going to seal up the cracks and sand tonight and tomorrow probably. The speakers will be recessed so they don’t stick out past box face. I’m going to go with Bedliner paint for covering. Oh I also cut out the 4 rectangles from the frame on bottom of box. And bought longer bolts with same threads and big washers to use them to bolt down box. It’s between 1.7-2.1 cu ft by my calculations and will have 2 jl w7 8”. It’s such an odd shape plus recessed speakers takes some out. They require .85 per sub if I remember correctly in sealed Box. Should be stupid bass I’m sure. I heard 1 jl w7 8” in an f150 with a 500 watt jl amp and it pounded. i Have 1500 watt Rockford fosgate amp under passenger seat that will power them. should be interesting.

part of doing the project was just to see if it could be done. other part was I do like bass and driving with top off, especially over 50 really drops the volume.

OP
OP

Shon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
I was thinking about ordering this. I’m not sure if it’ll fit under my seat though

30014E18-893E-43E6-BC66-50743A50E7C8.jpeg

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I have the JL setup, you would be hard pressed to beat it for the price. It's a fiberglass box, the subs alone are 400 bucks a piece. Fit is perfect. I know it's not what you asked, but...

OP
OP

Shon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
I was thinking about this. Not sure if it’ll fit Going to put 6.5’a in my sound bar and knee panels.

3B63F9E2-2B1B-4BF7-91FB-34CEFCDBD8B5.jpeg

Sponsored

adrnln.JT

First Name
Sheridan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Network Engineer
I went the under front seat route. It works great and I lost ZERO storage space !!!
While it's no competition setup it certainly makes a huge difference (that with the MB Quart front speaker swap-out).

8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer System - 600 Watt Compact Enclosed Active Marine Underseat Car Subwoofer with Built in Amp
https://a.co/d/cVEbhT8

Nacho1103

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the JL setup, you would be hard pressed to beat it for the price. It's a fiberglass box, the subs alone are 400 bucks a piece. Fit is perfect. I know it's not what you asked, but...
I agree. For what you get as far as ease of install plus you get JL quality, it would’ve been my choice.

Nacho1103

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about ordering this. I’m not sure if it’ll fit under my seat though

30014E18-893E-43E6-BC66-50743A50E7C8.jpeg
I’m not sure about figment with the storage but I think it should def fit without storage.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I just picked up the craftsman toolbox for the bed from lowes, so all my stuff goes in there now. You can still fit smaller items behind the JL stealthbox. It doesn't take up all the room. You could easily keep a tow strap, 1st aid kit, etc., behind the box.

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’m in the process of building a forward firing box under back seat. Going to seal up the cracks and sand tonight and tomorrow probably. The speakers will be recessed so they don’t stick out past box face. I’m going to go with Bedliner paint for covering. Oh I also cut out the 4 rectangles from the frame on bottom of box. And bought longer bolts with same threads and big washers to use them to bolt down box. It’s between 1.7-2.1 cu ft by my calculations and will have 2 jl w7 8”. It’s such an odd shape plus recessed speakers takes some out. They require .85 per sub if I remember correctly in sealed Box. Should be stupid bass I’m sure. I heard 1 jl w7 8” in an f150 with a 500 watt jl amp and it pounded. i Have 1500 watt Rockford fosgate amp under passenger seat that will power them. should be interesting.

part of doing the project was just to see if it could be done. other part was I do like bass and driving with top off, especially over 50 really drops the volume.
Can't wait to see it

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
I’m not sure about figment with the storage but I think it should def fit without storage.
Here’s the dimensions 18.5"W x 11.125"H x 5"D

Nacho1103

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the dimensions 18.5"W x 11.125"H x 5"D
I looked them up and that’s why I said it should have no problem without storage. I removed mine so I don’t know the dimensions inside storage. I know the bottom of my box is 13 wide so 11.125 would be almost couple inches in from edge of seat

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I went the under front seat route. It works great and I lost ZERO storage space !!!
While it's no competition setup it certainly makes a huge difference (that with the MB Quart front speaker swap-out).

8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer System - 600 Watt Compact Enclosed Active Marine Underseat Car Subwoofer with Built in Amp
https://a.co/d/cVEbhT8
So did you tap into the speaker feeds to the sound bar to drive the sub?

Kevin

adrnln.JT

First Name
Sheridan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Network Engineer
I went straight to the radio and tapped into the speaker leads there. But I did use the sound bar speaker signal for the sub.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I just finished my box build this weekend. Doing 1 ported 10. now working on setting all my wiring how I want it and figuring out where I want the amp.
Sponsored