Sponsored

Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker?

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Anyone purchase one yet? Im thinking of buying one, this is my first hard top jeep. So i was thinking this and a rain gear cover might hold me over till i get a soft top. I know it fits around the roll cage so it isnt water tight, just more curious of the build quality.

Screenshot_20210222-122231_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Anyone purchase one yet? Im thinking of buying one, this is my first hard top jeep. So i was thinking this and a rain gear cover might hold me over till i get a soft top. I know it fits around the roll cage so it isnt water tight, just more curious of the build quality.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? Screenshot_20210222-122231_Chrome
Not yet, but that is my plan as well. I ordered my rig without the soft top because realistically I need the security of the hard top and the premium to get the dual top option was dumb. I'm hoping someone comes up with a similar setup as this but that has the door surrounds and completely seals off the interior. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat. I had a frameless top on a YJ and a TJ that worked great.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Not yet, but that is my plan as well. I ordered my rig without the soft top because realistically I need the security of the hard top and the premium to get the dual top option was dumb. I'm hoping someone comes up with a similar setup as this but that has the door surrounds and completely seals off the interior. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat. I had a frameless top on a YJ and a TJ that worked great.
Yah i was also hoping for a frameless soft top, im sure down the road there will be one. I probly will just end up buying this, long as i get a season or two out of it itll be worth the price.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I would also love to see someone with this top chime in...I'd also really like to know when this product is going to be available from Suntop:
JT SunTop

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? Screenshot_20210222-122231_Chrome
Curious to see the responses. Having had soft tops on past jeeps, I have to think that back panel will "flutter: constantly while driving. I used to put the defroster on high (no AC) when driving the highway on my '92 wrangler to keep the soft top "inflated".
I have the freedom top on my '20 Gladiator and keep my orange (close color match) Shadeidea Mesh Top on year round. I have the 2 piece. Originally had the one piece but returned it as it looked odd being raised up in the middle over top of the GPS /speaker hump.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I would also love to see someone with this top chime in...I'd also really like to know when this product is going to be available from Suntop:
JT SunTop
I emailed suntop, they told me because covid they are delayed 40/60 days. They estimate the price will be 850/ 890, and come in black or tan.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? Screenshot_20210301-153035_Gmail

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? Screenshot_20210301-153010_Gmail

Screenshot_20210301-153158_Gmail.jpg

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I emailed suntop, they told me because covid they are delayed 40/60 days. They estimate the price will be 850/ 890, and come in black or tan.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? Screenshot_20210301-153158_Gmail

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? Screenshot_20210301-153158_Gmail

I just got that same email. I'll be on that pre-order list the day it opens. NOW I want to see the "Deep Sand" color on a Blue JT!

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I just got that same email. I'll be on that pre-order list the day it opens. NOW I want to see the "Deep Sand" color on a Blue JT!
I will too, this seems like an over better summer top. Deep sand would be pretty awesome on a blue jt.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I will too, this seems like an over better summer top. Deep sand would be pretty awesome on a blue jt.
That top, if as good as advertised, looks like the BEST soft top option to me by far.

Sponsored

canjeep33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 WK2
Occupation
Education

I purchased the 25 oz version with the plan of running it for about 4-5 months starting in May in a very dry climate. I run my JK soft top for 4-5 months every year without any windows the vast majority of the time, so this shouldn't be much different as long as I can keep it tight enough. I have a secure garage to park in and will keep a rain cover in the truck box under the tonneau cover for the occasional downpour. Unfortunately I do foresee a couple of unavoidable wet moments in my future. In my opinion it is still a way better option than the insanely overpriced and terrible looking factory JT soft top.
I'm lucky that mine shipped as Quadratec seems to be having issues keeping it in stock. If you are interested and see it in stock, I recommend purchasing it as I'm sure it will be a hot item this spring.

I'll post pictures when I finally get around to installing it. My JT Willys should be here this month....

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I won’t buy it because it won’t keep the water out. I don’t see the point—just go with a bikini. I will say that Mastertop build quality is fantastic. I had the three piece top on my JK that was practically waterproof—and made very well. Hoping Mastertop makes something like that soon for the JT—at a similar price—around $400 or less.

canjeep33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 WK2
Occupation
Education
Finally got mine from Quadratec. Was a little panicked when I saw the packaging as it shows the summer top plus package for a 4 door JKU and doesn't list JT on the box. Rest assured the printed instructions and the contents of the box are in fact the new summer top for the JT. I'll take pictures when I get it on the truck for the first time. I'll prob try it out one of these first weekends of spring.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker? 20210313_171353_HDR

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I ended up ordering this too. I really want the mopar soft top, so i figure this will be good enough till more used factory tops are around. I had a jlu before this and i really enjoyed how much more user friendly the new tops jeep makes are.

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I ended up ordering this too. I really want the mopar soft top, so i figure this will be good enough till more used factory tops are around. I had a jlu before this and i really enjoyed how much more user friendly the new tops jeep makes are.
Can't wait to see them on! I was hedging on this too instead of a ridiculously priced soft-top or bestop sunrider!
Sponsored