Anyone have time in the seat with all the Safety features on the Launch Edition

TAMN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I love the look of this. Big sticker price. Thoughts? Worth it?
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have a LE but have a Rubicon with all the options. The safety features are great and do work. It alerts with cars stopping quickly in front of me or when changing lanes and will auto stop if I fail to do it (which so far I haven’t needed). I do use and love the radar cruise control though I’m DC traffic. It follows the car in front of me very well without me hitting the gas or brake.

OP
OP

TAMN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don’t have a LE but have a Rubicon with all the options. The safety features are great and do work. It alerts with cars stopping quickly in front of me or when changing lanes and will auto stop if I fail to do it (which so far I haven’t needed). I do use and love the radar cruise control though I’m DC traffic. It follows the car in front of me very well without me hitting the gas or brake.
There is not a lane keep assist right? How many miles do you have?

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
The LE has the same safety options you can order on any build.

There is not lane keep assist or lane departure warnings. There is blind spot monitoring and emergency braking. For braking, you can set it to warning only, so it alerts you but doesn't actually brake.

The systems work fine. Blind spot monitoring is effective, but not as strong as some other vehicles I have experienced. Vehicles have to be very close to your rear quarter for the alerts to show, whereas several other vehicles I've driven gave you the warning earlier. Not sure if this adjustable, as I haven't thought to check.

I have 1800 miles on my LE and many of them are interstate travel. No concerns.

Some owners have reported an issue with blind spot monitoring and trailers interfering, but seems to be inconsistent.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been very impressed with the adaptive cruise control in Houston traffic. I did not have high expectations at all but have found it to work amazingly well. I find the whole speed up, slow down sequences annoying and ACC keeps me from tweaking speed in this kind of PITA driving. This single aspect makes the safety package worth it to me. I very likely would have skipped this if I had a custom order. Very glad the LE did not let me miss out on this.

I had an azzhat jump lanes right in front of me. He was in the right lane, me in the left, he decided he needed to make a quick left into Taco Bell. The collision avoidance alerted but I was already reacting as well. There was no collision but I can’t say for sure but I think I was ahead by a fraction.i know it would have helped had I been distracted by looking at some hottie walking into that Taco Bell. Live mas!

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
There is not a lane keep assist right? How many miles do you have?
Right. No lane departure but that annoyed me in my Grand Cherokee so I turned it off anyway. I have 3000 miles.

OP
OP

TAMN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The LE has the same safety options you can order on any build.

There is not lane keep assist or lane departure warnings. There is blind spot monitoring and emergency braking. For braking, you can set it to warning only, so it alerts you but doesn't actually brake.

The systems work fine. Blind spot monitoring is effective, but not as strong as some other vehicles I have experienced. Vehicles have to be very close to your rear quarter for the alerts to show, whereas several other vehicles I've driven gave you the warning earlier. Not sure if this adjustable, as I haven't thought to check.

I have 1800 miles on my LE and many of them are interstate travel. No concerns.

Some owners have reported an issue with blind spot monitoring and trailers interfering, but seems to be inconsistent.
Good feedback as well as observations. Appreciated!

OP
OP

TAMN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have been very impressed with the adaptive cruise control in Houston traffic. I did not have high expectations at all but have found it to work amazingly well. I find the whole speed up, slow down sequences annoying and ACC keeps me from tweaking speed in this kind of PITA driving. This single aspect makes the safety package worth it to me. I very likely would have skipped this if I had a custom order. Very glad the LE did not let me miss out on this.

I had an azzhat jump lanes right in front of me. He was in the right lane, me in the left, he decided he needed to make a quick left into Taco Bell. The collision avoidance alerted but I was already reacting as well. There was no collision but I can’t say for sure but I think I was ahead by a fraction.i know it would have helped had I been distracted by looking at some hottie walking into that Taco Bell. Live mas!
Good story and feedback. Thanks for sharing. I am think they have a good thing going but still some room for improvement, while not taking away completely from the rugged Jeep?

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I like the blind spot on my Jeep gladiator I keep the alarm sound on it alarms when any car gets close or I try to change lanes with a car there I traded a 2019 F250 in for my gladiator and all it had was a yellow light come on in the mirror and no warning sound it wasn’t that good

OP
OP

TAMN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I get this. I do appreciated the additional tone warning in my wife's Mercedes when you turn your turn signal on and the blind spot monitoring system is engaged. Just to clarify the Gladiator has an audible warning?

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I get this. I do appreciated the additional tone warning in my wife's Mercedes when you turn your turn signal on and the blind spot monitoring system is engaged. Just to clarify the Gladiator has an audible warning?
Yes.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
This is particularly interesting to me. I have the exact opposite experience. My vehicle continues to alert me far beyond what I would normally need for a merge. I will also mentioned that I shared with my wife just a few days ago that this vehicle is 'making me a better driver'. Perhaps, I was the a$$hole cutting everybody off before? I also drive much slower in this Jeep than our others. I never want the drive to end. I used to be a 'destination' guy, but in the JT I am a 'journey' guy.

As far as the other safety features on the JT, they all work very well and I have zero complaints. We even use the ACC when we've disliked it on other vehicles we've rented over the years.

The darn state I live in considers 20 mph over a reckless driving citation so I've slowed down a bit since moving from the Midwest.

2 Thumbs up from me!

EPTJ

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE Red 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 1999 Jeep Wrangler, 1976 F100
1500 miles on my LE. Love the safety features this has, but I did have an issue with the Blind Spot Monitoring. I drove it once in an average rain and the sensors did not function at all. When it stopped raining, all was well. Not sure if others have had this experience or not.

I really like the Auto Braking feature in the way that you can have it ON, OFF or ON without braking (warning only). My GC SRT had it but if it was on, and it sensed something, it braked...hard. I know it its doing what it should do, but the only times it kicked in was when I was coming up on a car turning left or right, and I knew I had time for them to move before I occupied the same space they were in. Was a bit annoying.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
The safety features are nice. I am glad I do not have lane departure, a lot of people with that feature hate it. Some lane departures will fight the steering in a avoidance steering situation.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
This is particularly interesting to me. I have the exact opposite experience. My vehicle continues to alert me far beyond what I would normally need for a merge. I will also mentioned that I shared with my wife just a few days ago that this vehicle is 'making me a better driver'. Perhaps, I was the a$$hole cutting everybody off before? I also drive much slower in this Jeep than our others. I never want the drive to end. I used to be a 'destination' guy, but in the JT I am a 'journey' guy.

As far as the other safety features on the JT, they all work very well and I have zero complaints. We even use the ACC when we've disliked it on other vehicles we've rented over the years.

The darn state I live in considers 20 mph over a reckless driving citation so I've slowed down a bit since moving from the Midwest.

2 Thumbs up from me!
Interesting. I find cars are much closer to me in the JT than they were in the Macan. And I end up in a ton of different rental vehicles and experience the same thing. Maybe an anomaly in my JT, but I feel like the JL I had as a rental was the same.

I will focus on this over the weekend and see if there are settings that impact it as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

And please know, I find the systems are effective and really appreciate the speed sensitive cruise control.
Sponsored