Sponsored

Anyone in North Texas that will permit an order for a 2022 model without "hidden fees"?

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forrester Sport
Hello forums,

I am about to give up on ownership of this auto as I cannot find a dealer that will "honestly" place an order. The first was a dealer during the holidays that I don't blame for wanting to liquidate their inventory before end of year but the last two have been terrible. The first was in Denton, Texas and the person there, Sara, seemed to be helpful in getting me the order package put together but when I went into the dealership, the sales manager and the person in front of them stated they could not enter the package as put together by Sara (they stated it was not available) but others in this same forum produced window stickers and orders recently with the same options. They wanted to steer me into a Rubicon instead of the Sport S with Max Tow, ACC, LED packages. I pointed out the TFL and other videos and data on internal payload needed to actually use the Max Tow and I need all of it for four people and a 550-600lbs tongue weight.

I attempted another at Classic in Arlington, Texas where Shavonte was able to take a deposit but only after attempting to charge me a 'Dealer Fee" for "just because" on top of MSRP and the Delivery Fees. I finally got that waived and what I thought was order placed, until they called me back yesterday to first tell me that changing the paint (the wrong paint was on the first build sheet) was the same $2000 fee from before. I said let's not worry about the paint and move forward, then another call with we just can't put the order in.

So now I am waiting on a refund of my deposit. I need this specific model of trim to tow and I need to carry four people, therefore I need the Sport S with Max Tow. I also would like safety packages, because it makes sense and helps on long drives when not towing (I tested this myself with a High Altitude over 1100mi this weekend and it did NOT have that package...).

Is there anyone in North Texas that can get an order in for me without shenanigans or know of someone whom recently placed one and with whom?

Thank you!
Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
sorry your having issues in the dealers, sounds like some shady stuff happening...I can't offer any insight, only provide my sympathy for the hassle you have encountered. Ordering a JT should be a simple, here is my order package, give deposit, order placed, order received.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Hello forums,

I am about to give up on ownership of this auto as I cannot find a dealer that will "honestly" place an order. The first was a dealer during the holidays that I don't blame for wanting to liquidate their inventory before end of year but the last two have been terrible. The first was in Denton, Texas and the person there, Sara, seemed to be helpful in getting me the order package put together but when I went into the dealership, the sales manager and the person in front of them stated they could not enter the package as put together by Sara (they stated it was not available) but others in this same forum produced window stickers and orders recently with the same options. They wanted to steer me into a Rubicon instead of the Sport S with Max Tow, ACC, LED packages. I pointed out the TFL and other videos and data on internal payload needed to actually use the Max Tow and I need all of it for four people and a 550-600lbs tongue weight.

I attempted another at Classic in Arlington, Texas where Shavonte was able to take a deposit but only after attempting to charge me a 'Dealer Fee" for "just because" on top of MSRP and the Delivery Fees. I finally got that waived and what I thought was order placed, until they called me back yesterday to first tell me that changing the paint (the wrong paint was on the first build sheet) was the same $2000 fee from before. I said let's not worry about the paint and move forward, then another call with we just can't put the order in.

So now I am waiting on a refund of my deposit. I need this specific model of trim to tow and I need to carry four people, therefore I need the Sport S with Max Tow. I also would like safety packages, because it makes sense and helps on long drives when not towing (I tested this myself with a High Altitude over 1100mi this weekend and it did NOT have that package...).

Is there anyone in North Texas that can get an order in for me without shenanigans or know of someone whom recently placed one and with whom?

Thank you!
Considered Gupton yet? You have to get to Nashville to pick it up, but pricing is transparent (and good).

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad there are dealers that try to sell higher instead of "solving problems" like people are taught to do in sales classes. Customer has a problem, sales person is supposed to offer solutions.
When I was shopping for Gladiators, I told the guy what I wanted and needed and that I towed my car hauler around the country. He went right to Sport S max tow and said if I wanted leather, they could get it added locally. Then my wife comes in and wants this, that and other stuff, passive entry, paint matched roof, and a few things that in 2019 was not possible on any Sport, period. The dealer tried to talk her back down to Sport S max tow. I finally came up with a solution, buy a lighter trailer and we figured Overland would meet my towing needs. But the bottom line - the sale guy never even mentioned Rubicon at all even though they had several nice ones on the lot read to go. He never talked to me about any added packages or options and never tried to up-sell to a more expensive version. I hated their other tactics, but he matched needs to vehicle and never tried to get us into a more expensive vehicle (which he probably could have done, maybe)

Selling a vehicle by ordering one for you should not entail any extra fees or charges! You order it, it arrives, they prep it, you pick it up, it's not complicated. Easy for them, no advertising, no long-term inventory, no space taken on the lot.
BTW - dealer prep and destination/delivery charges are never to be added on Jeep vehicles. Jeep includes those in the final price on the sticker.

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xj and Gladiator sports Max tow on order
Occupation
Retired
I am in SW Oklahoma and I ordered Sport S Max tow from Gupton 7% below sticker. Was very easy and should be at the dealer 1/17.

Sponsored

Guns_N_Rosaries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
I bought my Willys at AutoNation off of 35W near the Alliance area. They had it advertised for a few thousand off MSRP, and I'm not sure I noticed any dealer markups on their inventory when I walked around looking while my wife took the Gladiator for a test drive after I finished my own. You may give them a call and see if they would be willing to put in an order for you. I have no idea why dealerships would do that to you. I mean I kind of get them trying to get you to buy something already on the lot initially because that's what they do, but after you obviously aren't interested it just doesn't make sense to me. It's a guaranteed sale freebie.

Edit: This one - https://www.autonationchryslerdodgejeepramftworth.com/

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I just ordered mine 12/3 and ended up using a dealer in Houston (Iā€™m just west of DFW) to get any kind of discount off MSRP - I got 1% over dealer. I really donā€™t have the time to go to Tenn, or I wouldā€™ve used Gupton. Let me know if youā€™d like info on the dealer I used

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
FYI @tateconcepts, any dealer should accept the Tread Lightly discount, especially on a custom order. That's an automatic 1% under invoice.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FYI @tateconcepts, any dealer should accept the Tread Lightly discount, especially on a custom order. That's an automatic 1% under invoice.
True - however, I actually had one say they'd never heard of such a program and continued with "we don't do that". So beware..........
Spencer in Spirit Lake will not only do that sort of thing, he'll help you with how to get signed up and how to use it. (and he's good on trades, too)

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
True - however, I actually had one say they'd never heard of such a program and continued with "we don't do that". So beware..........
Spencer in Spirit Lake will not only do that sort of thing, he'll help you with how to get signed up and how to use it. (and he's good on trades, too)

More than happy to help here, drop me an email if you are willing to make a trip to northwest Iowa

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But be sure to stop by my area on your drive back to Texas........

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Call Justin Walker @ Peters Jeep in Longview, TX. Tell him I recommended you contact him.

Peters CJDRF

drew0622

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Inventory Coordinator/Document Management
I just ordered mine 12/3 and ended up using a dealer in Houston (Iā€™m just west of DFW) to get any kind of discount off MSRP - I got 1% over dealer. I really donā€™t have the time to go to Tenn, or I wouldā€™ve used Gupton. Let me know if youā€™d like info on the dealer I used
Hello, I live and Houston. Can you tell me the dealer you used and if possible on a contact? How did the whole order process go?

Thanks

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Iā€™m using Blake Helfman at River Oaks CJDR.
I emailed the list of what I wanted, he gave me a price, and I put $1k up to order. Pretty simple and easy so far. Just waiting on build and delivery. Ordered 12/4 and was told 2-3 months out at the time. Got an email the other day saying expected ship date is 1/25.
Sponsored