Anyone install a second tow hook Sport S with stock rear bumper

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone install a second recovery hook on the Sport S with stock rear bumper. Looks like it would require cutting the bumper plastic but the holes in the frame to install it look like it would work. Two hooks I think look better then one and would work better when needed..
Thanks Rayzzz
My Gladiator likes my money
Sponsored

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone install a second recovery hook on the Sport S with stock rear bumper. Looks like it would require cutting the bumper plastic but the holes in the frame to install it look like it would work. Two hooks I think look better then one and would work better when needed..
Thanks Rayzzz

I looked into this, and it's not hard... You would have to cut the plastic to accept the hook, but no metal cutting involved.

You don't even have to pull the bumper or plastic cover to do this..

All the holes are in the frame to accept the hook, and easily accessible.

If I do this, I'll probably drill a round hole just big enough for the hook to go through the bumper.
This would probably look better than trying to match the cut out on the left side.

I installed the Mopar rear rock rails, and adding the hook would be much easier than installed the rails..

OP
OP
Rayzzz

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'd like to add the hook so I'm going to look into what it cost. Good idea on making the hole small just to fit the hook. I've tried looking for online parts look up but not luck yet. Anyone know of dealer parts look up for the Gladiator.

My Jeep likes my money

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Following...

If one of you guys do this please post it up here how it went. I have considered it myself but admittedly it is very far down the list of things I want.

Campo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Mustang GT, 2020 Sting Grey JT (being built)
Following also. My JT has not come yet but was cleaning out the garage to sell my JK and found the hook that I took off when installing my AEV bumper. I was wondering if that would work.

Sponsored

K Dub

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Gladiator, 2012 Sport JKU, 1993 Wrangler YJ
Has anyone found the part number for the tow hooks?

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
how easy is it to remove the hooks? I want to paint or dip them red. I would add a second in the process too, so I am following this closely

K Dub

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Gladiator, 2012 Sport JKU, 1993 Wrangler YJ
I know this has been done by now.

I now have a pair of red tow hooks, how / where have you drilled the bumper on the other side?

Skubasteve72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks Rayzzz
I know this has been done by now.

I now have a pair of red tow hooks, how / where have you drilled the bumper on the other side?

I just added a new hitch and did a video the part numbers for the tow hook are included with the video,

Sponsored

Skubasteve72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The part number for the hook is on the youtube page. Didn't see it here & took a shot & it was in the description of the video. Thanks for the how to video, that will be helpful.[/QUOTE

I also attached a link to the dealer with the lowest price, I’ll update this thread when I install and color the hooks red.

Skubasteve72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Published on Jan 3, 2020
I made two videos today regarding the conversation of adding a tow hook after upgrading my hitch to the 2inch receiver. Yes it’s possible but you would have to cut the plastic on your Bumper however if you make the cut from the backside of the bumper it has a template/guide to follow, just watch the video and you will see. I bought the hitch from Amazon after pricing from local dealers and this was the best price. Came with all new hardware. Also the bottom bolts are the same bolts from the hitch are the same size bolts for the tow hook. 2020/01/03 new update ordered my tow hook Mopar Part# 68351561AA I’m going to dip them in red plasti dip. https://parts.libertychryslerjeepdodg... https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Gladiato... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xN9W39O... https://m.facebook.com/groups/5259700...

Jasonzj980

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Got an extra tow hook off an Overland listed for sale in the member market (exterior parts) for those interested in adding a tow hook to your Sport/Overland model.