Anyone mismatch bumpers?

NHM95

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I’m researching bumpers for my JT sport. I’m getting over the plastic bumpers.

My question is, is it common to mismatch bumpers? Or do most people try to stay with the same theme?

Below are the pics of the bumpers I’m looking at:
Jeep Gladiator Anyone mismatch bumpers? 4D694A10-A074-4B77-9D75-77DAC5C7D3C9

Jeep Gladiator Anyone mismatch bumpers? 0355C7ED-4C01-4EB6-9B5D-567A0B9FBEEA
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Put on whatever you want. You can run any front bumper and stock rear, or change rear and leave the front, or do both and order from different vendors, whatever fits your needs or purposes. No rules - if you like the looks and they fit your needs, go for it.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I am in the process of mismatching bumpers. I have OEM plastic front and OEM generic rear.

Rock Hard full width going up front and JCR going on back.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Nobody is grading your JT for parts fidelity. Do what you want. Heck, I'm using a Wrangler sunshade on the JT because it fits.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
The factory rear is serviceable, the factory front unless you have a mopar steel isn’t. Plus most add a winch to the front necessitating a change. A new front bumper was about number 4 on my mod list. The rear bumper isn’t even on the first page.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
personally, Im not into big bulky metal, cow plow! I like the stock rubicon 10th anniv. bumper.. I bought an ebay copy cat for 425, with winch plate(plate is not as study as aftermarket units).. look very similiar and half the cost.. I may do a rubi steel rear, maybe, but Not in a ruch to do so..
Make your jeep yours and dont think about what others do..(looks wise) take advise on machanical type situation but looks is all up to you!

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
So I’m researching bumpers for my JT sport. I’m getting over the plastic bumpers.

My question is, is it common to mismatch bumpers? Or do most people try to stay with the same theme?

Below are the pics of the bumpers I’m looking at:

i like this rear bumper you posted, minimalist yet look function-able.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My front bumper in pic below (although I really liked the look of the stock bumper, for me it likely wouldn't last long and I wanted a real skid plate and winch)
The rear is stock. If I find a great deal on a different rear, I MAY change out, or wait until this one is damaged or whatever. It seems like with most trucks I've owned, someone always finds a way to run into me, front, rear, side, whatever, I've been hit with almost every truck I've owned, so chances to replace parts aren't rare.

This is the steel bumper from eBay - clone of the MOPAR steel, maybe even made in the same factory. Parts swap exactly like the fog light bezels, the MOPAR ones snap right into this bumper.

Like someone else said - you can't see both at the same time unless looking from the side and you can see the whole truck - then you only see the ends anyway. In this shot you can't really see the rear bumper so who would know what I have back there?

Jeep Gladiator Anyone mismatch bumpers? 20201027_152230_HDR

Sponsored

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a fan of a stubby front (like on my 2010 JKU), and have one ready to install on the JT when weather and schedule permit. I went with a JCR for the back bumper on the JKU, but don't really see a need to replace the JT stock bumper - satisfied with the look and function.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
3 of my Jeep's have different makers bumpers. Tompkins front bumper on XJ and back of LJ Bulletproof rear XJ Q-Tec front bumper. JT EAG front OEM rear. So who cares about different makers of bumper
Sponsored